The average income of the modern teenager is about 2 a.m.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their arrogance)

SubjectAuthor
* Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with theirCommander Kinsey
+* Re: IRAN -Peter James
|+- Re: IRAN -Jörg Lorenz
|+- Re: IRAN -Commander Kinsey
|`* Re: IRAN -Commander Kinsey
| `- Re: IRAN -Commander Kinsey
`* Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world withChris
 `* Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with theirCommander Kinsey
  `- Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world withChris

1
Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their arrogance)

<op.2cwlzshkgml7km@ryzen>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18270&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18270

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their
arrogance)
From: CK1...@spam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 11:56:06 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:56 UTC

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:16:15 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

> On 16/10/2023 05:03, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>> This video sums up Apple pretty well, and is still relevant today:
>> https://youtu.be/rw2nkoGLhrE
>>
>> I do find it amusing one evil group (the EU) has forced another evil
>> group (Apple) to use USB-C.
>
> Even more pertinent is the relevance to this very day when two US
> Carrier Strike groups have been sent to the eastern Mediterranean!
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/International/exclusive-us-send-2nd-aircraft-carrier-eastern-mediterranean/story?id=103984246#
>
> May God help all of us.

Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing the Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?

Re: IRAN -

<kp6qfmF36p6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18280&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18280

From: pfjames...@gmail.com (Peter James)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: IRAN -
Date: 17 Oct 2023 07:12:54 GMT
 by: Peter James - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:12 UTC

On 16 Oct 2023 at 11:56:06 BST, ""Commander Kinsey"" <CK1@spam.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:16:15 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 16/10/2023 05:03, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>> This video sums up Apple pretty well, and is still relevant today:
>>> https://youtu.be/rw2nkoGLhrE
>>>
>>> I do find it amusing one evil group (the EU) has forced another evil
>>> group (Apple) to use USB-C.
>>
>> Even more pertinent is the relevance to this very day when two US
>> Carrier Strike groups have been sent to the eastern Mediterranean!
>>
>> https://abcnews.go.com/International/exclusive-us-send-2nd-aircraft-carrier-eastern-mediterranean/story?id=103984246#
>>
>> May God help all of us.
>
> Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing the
> Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?

Or maybe the god that gave the Jews someone else's country. In this so-called
enlightened age to stage the grab of someone else's state and then claim it's
your's because god gave it to you. That sort of attitude makes the British
Empire look legit.
Peter
--
The email shown is false. If you need to contact me then try peterATpfjamesDOTcoDOTuk

Addresses are given to us to conceal our whereabouts.
Saki (H.H.Munro) 1870 - 1916

Re: IRAN -

<uglcdp$bhs4$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18281&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18281

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:17:13 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:17 UTC

Am 17.10.23 um 09:12 schrieb Peter James:
> Or maybe the god that gave the Jews someone else's country. In this so-called
> enlightened age to stage the grab of someone else's state and then claim it's
> your's because god gave it to you. That sort of attitude makes the British
> Empire look legit.

The British Empire is a figment of your (the Brits) imagination.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their arrogance)

<ugmin1$33u8d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18288&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18288

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with
their arrogance)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:10:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:kj9DQAUeYtRr8Mb4rWiBA4BzMXM=
 by: Chris - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:10 UTC

Commander Kinsey <CK1@spam.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:16:15 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 16/10/2023 05:03, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>>> This video sums up Apple pretty well, and is still relevant today:
>>> https://youtu.be/rw2nkoGLhrE
>>>
>>> I do find it amusing one evil group (the EU) has forced another evil
>>> group (Apple) to use USB-C.
>>
>> Even more pertinent is the relevance to this very day when two US
>> Carrier Strike groups have been sent to the eastern Mediterranean!
>>
>> https://abcnews.go.com/International/exclusive-us-send-2nd-aircraft-carrier-eastern-mediterranean/story?id=103984246#
>>
>> May God help all of us.
>
> Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing
> the Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?

Heathen. It's all the same one.

Re: IRAN -

<op.2c1ni6prgml7km@ryzen>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18298&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18298

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@spam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 05:17:20 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 04:17 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 10:17:08 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

> On 17/10/2023 08:12, Peter James wrote:
>> On 16 Oct 2023 at 11:56:06 BST, ""Commander Kinsey"" <CK1@spam.com> wrote:

>>> Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing the
>>> Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?
>>
>> Or maybe the god that gave the Jews someone else's country. In this so-called
>> enlightened age to stage the grab of someone else's state and then claim it's
>> your's because god gave it to you. That sort of attitude makes the British
>> Empire look legit.
>> Peter
>
> I found this explanation for you, Peter:-
>
> https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-bible-on-jewish-links-to-the-holy-land
>
> Well worth a couple of minutes of your time to read.

I don't read propaganda.

Re: IRAN -

<op.2c1no6orgml7km@ryzen>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18299&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18299

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@spam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 05:20:56 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 04:20 UTC

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 10:17:08 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

> On 17/10/2023 08:12, Peter James wrote:
>> On 16 Oct 2023 at 11:56:06 BST, ""Commander Kinsey"" <CK1@spam.com> wrote:

>>> Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing the
>>> Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?
>>
>> Or maybe the god that gave the Jews someone else's country. In this so-called
>> enlightened age to stage the grab of someone else's state and then claim it's
>> your's because god gave it to you. That sort of attitude makes the British
>> Empire look legit.
>> Peter
>
> I found this explanation for you, Peter:-
>
> https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-bible-on-jewish-links-to-the-holy-land
>
> Well worth a couple of minutes of your time to read.

But you're a christian religious nut, surely you believe the jews are wrong?

Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their arrogance)

<op.2c4ev1pxgml7km@ryzen>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18306&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18306

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
arrogance)
From: CK1...@spam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 17:03:27 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 16:03 UTC

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:37:52 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

> On 17/10/2023 19:10, Chris wrote:
>> Commander Kinsey <CK1@spam.com> wrote:

>>> Which god? The one directing the Jews to start wars, the one directing
>>> the Muslims to start wars, or the one directing Christians to poke their noses in?
>>
>> Heathen. It's all the same one.
>
> IAWTP :-)

If there is only one god, why is there more than one religion?

Re: IRAN -

<op.2c4fblw4gml7km@ryzen>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18307&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18307

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1...@spam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 17:12:47 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 16:12 UTC

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:10:11 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2023 at 10:46:58 PM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <mp3YM.59210$sxoa.38497@fx13.iad>:
>
>> On 19/10/2023 05:20, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>>> But you're a Christian religious nut, surely you believe the Jews are
>>> wrong?
>>
>> It is not for me to judge.
>>
>> There is too much for me to learn ---->
>> https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/links-bibliography-of-related-websites
>
> This is my take on reality. But first an analogy:
>
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Checker_shadow_illusion.svg/1280px-Checker_shadow_illusion.svg.png
>
> When I look at that board, my eyes / visual processing tell me with great
> certainty that "squares" A and B are NOT the same color. I am confident of
> this. No question. But I know from direct testing that they ARE the same
> color. I am just as sure of that. BOTH are true.

What's really weird is.... make two holes using your first finger and thumb on each hand, make it so you can only see those two squares, no background to confuse you. They still look different, was I remembering the image from before? I didn't believe they were the same until I put them in a photo editor and moved one square to the other. As I moved B in and out of shadow, it seemingly changed colour.

It's not really a bad thing, it's your brain compensating for the shadow, like white balance on a video camera. When you see B as lighter than it really is, that's because were it a real image and not a drawing, the substance B was made of would actually be lighter, to cause it to have the same colour even though it was in shadow. So the pixels may be the same colour, but the object B depicts is in fact lighter, your brain was correct.

> I am confident in my world view. I think in terms of science and evidence and
> logic. What they tell me is, if not true, the best model we have for reality.
> Science is the best tool we have for knowing what is -- and what is not --
> true. Sure, as we learn more we will know better... but it offers the best we
> have NOW.
>
> But I also know with just as much certainty, maybe more, that the universe is
> not limited to my ability to understand it. Nor limited to your ability nor
> anyone else's. What we are confident is true -- as an atheist or Christian or
> Muslim or Jew or whatever -- no matter our confidence, is wrong. We do not
> know the real "truth". With the optical illusion there are simple tests to
> find a simple "truth" about the areas being the same color. No easy test with
> the whole of the universe.
>
> So we are all confident our views are the closest to truth. I share that
> confidence. But I am also just as comfortable with the idea we are all wrong.

If there was one religion it would be more likely god exists. But since there are so many, we can deduce it's guesswork.

I can believe a superior alien race created us in a massive petri dish, just like you could create a new breed of dog in a some kennels. But they are not gods. They are not worthy of worship, not with all the errors. Not with the lack of attempt to stop disasters.

So either:

1) God does not exist.
2) God is an arsehole.
3) God is incapable.
4) God no longer exists.

Whichever is true, why worship him?

Re: IRAN - (was - Apple, still screwing up the world with their arrogance)

<uh0mm8$1puq2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18320&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#18320

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
their arrogance)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:19:52 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4uPfzWHnrvpUGux6jrJFDAjH6wY=
 by: Chris - Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:19 UTC

Commander Kinsey <CK1@spam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:37:52 +0100, David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid.uk> wrote:

>>> Heathen. It's all the same one.
>>
>> IAWTP :-)
>
> If there is only one god, why is there more than one religion?

Because religion and those who follow don't make sense. I mean different
factions disagree violently over the bible ffs