From: rob...@despammer.com (RobH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: What do they call these pins
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:36:44 +0000
 by: RobH - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:36 UTC

I am looking for some pins?? that you can solder onto things like
sensors for an Arduino. Some sensors come with them either already
soldered on or separate so you have to solder them yourself.
They are either straight or bent at 90 degrees, and in sets of 3, 5 or
however many are needed. I don't mean header pins which just plug into a
board.

I had some spare, but in a sort out and tidy up I can't find them now
so I need some more

Re: What do they call these pins . I know now

<j50kf4Fi1l4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1847&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1847

From: rob...@despammer.com (RobH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: What do they call these pins . I know now
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:47:31 +0000
 by: RobH - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:47 UTC

On 21/01/2022 20:36, RobH wrote:
> I am looking for some pins?? that you can solder onto things like
> sensors for an Arduino. Some sensors come with them either already
> soldered on or separate so you have to solder them yourself.
> They are either straight or bent at 90 degrees, and in sets of 3, 5 or
> however many are needed. I don't mean header pins which just plug into a
> board.
>
>  I had some spare, but in a sort out and tidy up I can't find them now
> so I need some more

It's come to me now:male header pins, doh!

Re: What do they call these pins . I know now

<VA.00000d9e.003a4d2c@me.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1849&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#1849

From: dan...@me.invalid (Daniel James)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 19:52:59 -0000
 by: Daniel James - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 19:52 UTC

In article <j50kf4Fi1l4U1@mid.individual.net>, RobH wrote:
> It's come to me now:male header pins, doh!

The term "du Pont connector" is also useful in this context, for
cable-end versions of these connectors using these pins and the sockets
that they plug into.

You can get this sort of thing from electronics shops, and the sorts of
places that sell Raspberry Pis, etc. (but you probably knew that and
just wanted the search term).

Cheers,
Daniel.