Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it. -- Andrew Young

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Fantasy F1

SubjectAuthor
* Fantasy F1Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
+* Re: Fantasy F1mac
|+- Re: Fantasy F1Jim S
|`- Re: Fantasy F1Abandoned_Trolley
`* Re: Fantasy F1Abandoned_Trolley
 +* Re: Fantasy F1mac
 |`* Re: Fantasy F1mac
 | `- Re: Fantasy F1Abandoned_Trolley
 `- Re: Fantasy F1Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +

1
Fantasy F1

<ocCdnd8CQ7_jlLP8nZ2dnUU78fnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1849&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1849

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Fantasy F1
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:50:42 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:50 UTC

How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez and Mick
Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium over the
weekend? Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get such a low
score.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: Fantasy F1

<sgl22u$9k7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1850&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1850

From: mackne...@fsmail.net ( mac)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Fantasy F1
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:59:22 +0100
 by: mac - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:59 UTC

"Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ +" <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote in message
> How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez and Mick
> Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium over the
> weekend? Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get such a low
> score.

Because the race never happened, heavy rain only allowed 2 laps behind the
safety car, then the race was cancelled. Points where awarded at half value
based on Q3 positions.
HTH?

--
Regards Steve.

Re: Fantasy F1

<kc26jz12wq59$.r42fr1edlebd$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1851&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1851

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 14:55:58 +0100
 by: Jim S - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:55 UTC

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:59:22 +0100, mac wrote:

> "Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ +" <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote in message
>> How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez and Mick
>> Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium over the
>> weekend? Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get such a low
>> score.
>
> Because the race never happened, heavy rain only allowed 2 laps behind the
> safety car, then the race was cancelled. Points where awarded at half value
> based on Q3 positions.
> HTH?

And they probably did that much so that they did not have give spectators
their money back?
--
Jim S

Re: Fantasy F1

<sglepn$r7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1852&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1852

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:36:38 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 14:36 UTC

On 31/08/2021 11:59, mac wrote:

> "Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ +" <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote in message
>>    How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez  and Mick
>> Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium over
>> the weekend?  Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get such a
>> low score.
>
> Because the race never happened, heavy rain only allowed 2 laps behind
> the safety car, then the race was cancelled. Points where awarded at
> half value based on Q3 positions.
> HTH?

They are already talking about changing the rules but I am not sure of
the "direction of travel"

My 2 cents worth is that the problem might be solved by simply saying
that laps behind the safety car do not count.

I was at Le Mans a few years ago when there was a lot of rain for most
of the 24 hours - but the heaviest rain was during the last 20 mins of
the race when the safety cars were withdrawn so that the remnaining
spectators could see a "proper" finish.

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Fantasy F1

<sglmn8$k98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1853&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1853

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:51:50 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:51 UTC

On 31/08/2021 11:50, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
> How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez and Mick
> Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium over the
> weekend? Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get such a low
> score.

I am assuming that "Fantasy" F1 has a different scoring arrangement to F1. ?

Back in the real world, Raikkonen, Stroll and Perez scored no points at
all yesterday, and Schumacher Jr has not scored a single point all season.

Also, in every race, drivers classified below 10th position get no
points at all even if they record the fastest race lap

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Fantasy F1

<sglnlj$rg3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1854&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1854

From: mackne...@fsmail.net ( mac)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 18:07:41 +0100
 by: mac - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:07 UTC

"Abandoned_Trolley" <fred@fred-smith.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 31/08/2021 11:50, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:

> I am assuming that "Fantasy" F1 has a different scoring arrangement to F1.
> ?
>
> Back in the real world, Raikkonen, Stroll and Perez scored no points at
> all yesterday, and Schumacher Jr has not scored a single point all season.
>
> Also, in every race, drivers classified below 10th position get no points
> at all even if they record the fastest race lap

FYI:
https://www.fantasyautoracers.com/f1_01/f1standings.php

--
Regards Steve.

Re: Fantasy F1

<sglnp5$sdo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1855&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1855

From: mackne...@fsmail.net ( mac)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 18:09:36 +0100
 by: mac - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:09 UTC

https://www.fantasyautoracers.com/f1_01/f1rules.php

--
Regards Steve.

Re: Fantasy F1

<sglps0$bd7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1856&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1856

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 18:45:34 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 17:45 UTC

On 31/08/2021 18:09, mac wrote:

> https://www.fantasyautoracers.com/f1_01/f1rules.php

yet more confusion ...

The results page for the Belgian GP at
https://www.fantasyautoracers.com/f1_01/results/belgium.php seem to be a
little out of date ?

1 Charles Leclerc MON Scuderia Ferrari 44 laps
2 Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport + 0.981s
3 Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport + 12.585s
4 Sebastian Vettel GER Scuderia Ferrari + 26.422s
5 Alexander Albon THA Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda + 81.325s

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Fantasy F1

<ip7t37F8t10U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1857&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1857

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:42:36 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:42 UTC

Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
> On 31/08/2021 11:50, Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + wrote:
>> How is it that Kimi Raikkonen, Lance Stroll, Sergio Perez and
>> Mick Schumaker only managed to amass a single point each in Belgium
>> over the weekend? Don't think I've ever seen a finishing driver get
>> such a low score.
>>

> I am assuming that "Fantasy" F1 has a different scoring arrangement
> to F1. ?
> Back in the real world, Raikkonen, Stroll and Perez scored no points
> at all yesterday, and Schumacher Jr has not scored a single point all
> season.
> Also, in every race, drivers classified below 10th position get no
> points at all even if they record the fastest race lap

Yes but in Fantasy F1 they do get some points awarded for various other
things apart from the race itself. According to the Fantasy F1 rules
the driver who finishes 16th get 5 points and other points are awarded
qualification positions, for laps completed and various other things

"
At the end of each race, driver points will be awarded based on finish
position:

FINISH POINTS
1 80
2 75
3 70
4 65
5 60
6 55
7 50
8 45
FINISH POINTS
9 40
10 35
11 30
12 25
13 20
14 15
15 10
16 5

Each driver will receive one additional point for each lap completed.

Bonus points will be awarded to the top three qualifying position
drivers. FIFTEEN points to the pole position driver, TEN points to the
second fastest qualifying driver and FIVE point to the third fastest
qualifying driver."

On that basis and the fact that in the race proper the drivers awarded
points were halved, I reckon Raikkonen's single point must be something
like - 2 points for the 2 laps he completed, then halved, but zero
points for qualification position anything else.