From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Nissan again
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:59:59 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 05:59 UTC

I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's service
I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a bit low.
When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he went to
adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure enough, he
found an adjuster on the dash.

Me, smacks head.

With the HID low beam and new, LED high beam, the mighty Stagea is a joy
to drive both night and day. For a 21 year old car to put a smile on my
face every time I slide behind the wheel. Gotta be happy with that.

Re: Nissan again

<tg14eb$3jscs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18550&group=aus.cars#18550

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Nissan again
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 16:17:46 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 06:17 UTC

On 16/09/2022 3:59 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's service
> I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a bit low.
> When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he went to
> adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure enough, he
> found an adjuster on the dash.
>
> Me, smacks head.

Lol :)

Read the fucking manual :)

> With the HID low beam and new, LED high beam, the mighty Stagea is a joy
> to drive both night and day. For a 21 year old car to put a smile on my
> face every time I slide behind the wheel. Gotta be happy with that.

Indeed you do. They've made some great cars. GT-R anyone?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Nissan again

<tg16da$3ka6a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18553&group=aus.cars#18553

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:51:25 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 06:51 UTC

On 16/09/2022 2:17 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/09/2022 3:59 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's
>> service I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a
>> bit low. When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he
>> went to adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure
>> enough, he found an adjuster on the dash.
>>
>> Me, smacks head.
>
> Lol :)
>
> Read the fucking manual :)
>
>> With the HID low beam and new, LED high beam, the mighty Stagea is a
>> joy to drive both night and day. For a 21 year old car to put a smile
>> on my face every time I slide behind the wheel. Gotta be happy with that.
>
> Indeed you do. They've made some great cars. \

....and *lots* of garbage.

GT-R anyone?

Pity the owners are usually complete wankers... like Falcon drivers.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Nissan again

<joils7FcrflU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18554&group=aus.cars#18554

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 17:11:04 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 07:11 UTC

On 16/09/2022 4:17 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 16/09/2022 3:59 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's
>> service I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a
>> bit low. When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he
>> went to adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure
>> enough, he found an adjuster on the dash.
>>
>> Me, smacks head.
>
> Lol :)
>
> Read the fucking manual :)

**What manual would that be? It's a Japan-only model. IF I could find a
manual, it would be printed in Kanji.

>> With the HID low beam and new, LED high beam, the mighty Stagea is a
>> joy to drive both night and day. For a 21 year old car to put a smile
>> on my face every time I slide behind the wheel. Gotta be happy with that.
>
> Indeed you do. They've made some great cars. GT-R anyone?

**And the Stagea. 207kW, 410Nm, single turbo, 2.5L V6, AWD, 51:49 weight
distribution. Handles and goes like a sports car. A bit like a de-tuned
GT-R, but you can stick a lounge suite in the back.

Mind you: This is the desirable (older) model to buy:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/nissan/stagea/autech-260rs-badge/

VERY close to a GT-R, but with a station wagon body. Desirability is
reflected in it's price. Not bad for a 23 year old Jap wagon.

Re: Nissan again

<tg195n$3kvk2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18559&group=aus.cars#18559

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:38:26 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 07:38 UTC

On 16/09/2022 3:11 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 16/09/2022 4:17 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 16/09/2022 3:59 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's
>>> service I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a
>>> bit low. When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he
>>> went to adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure
>>> enough, he found an adjuster on the dash.
>>>
>>> Me, smacks head.
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> Read the fucking manual :)
>
> **What manual would that be? It's a Japan-only model. IF I could find a
> manual, it would be printed in Kanji.

Check JP-NZ publications. They sell translated manuals and should have it.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Nissan again

<joj260Ffg4sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18567&group=aus.cars#18567

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:41:03 +1000
 by: Daryl - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 10:41 UTC

On 16/9/2022 3:59 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's service
> I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a bit low.
> When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he went to
> adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure enough, he
> found an adjuster on the dash.
>
> Me, smacks head.

LOL, my MB has a head lamp adjustment on the dash near the headlamp
switch, took me a while to work out what it was for:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Nissan again

<tg228d$3r1qv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18578&group=aus.cars#18578

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 00:46:34 +1000
 by: Noddy - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:46 UTC

On 16/09/2022 5:11 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 16/09/2022 4:17 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> I put the Stagea in for a rego check last week. As part of it's
>>> service I asked my mechanic to adjust the headlights, as they were a
>>> bit low. When I went to collect the car, he informed me that when he
>>> went to adjust the headlights, he noted motors on the lights. Sure
>>> enough, he found an adjuster on the dash.
>>>
>>> Me, smacks head.
>>
>> Lol :)
>>
>> Read the fucking manual :)
>
> **What manual would that be? It's a Japan-only model. IF I could find a
> manual, it would be printed in Kanji.

There would be English versions around.

>>> With the HID low beam and new, LED high beam, the mighty Stagea is a
>>> joy to drive both night and day. For a 21 year old car to put a smile
>>> on my face every time I slide behind the wheel. Gotta be happy with
>>> that.
>>
>> Indeed you do. They've made some great cars. GT-R anyone?
>
> **And the Stagea. 207kW, 410Nm, single turbo, 2.5L V6, AWD, 51:49 weight
> distribution. Handles and goes like a sports car. A bit like a de-tuned
> GT-R, but you can stick a lounge suite in the back.

ROTFL :)

How many "detuned" GT-R's have you driven to be able to tell? :)

> Mind you: This is the desirable (older) model to buy:
>
> https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/nissan/stagea/autech-260rs-badge/
>
> VERY close to a GT-R, but with a station wagon body. Desirability is
> reflected in it's price. Not bad for a 23 year old Jap wagon.

That's hideously ugly. Despite that, I'm not seeing what model GT-R it's
supposed to be even *remotely* "close" to. It looks *nothing* like one,
and makes a shit-tonne less power.

Regards,
Noddy.