Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

SubjectAuthor
* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAdrian Caspersz
+* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAdrian Caspersz
|`* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTJohn Williamson
| +* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTchrisnd @ukrm
| |+* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAhem A Rivet's Shot
| ||`* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTTone
| || +* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTchrisnd@privacy.net
| || +* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAhem A Rivet's Shot
| || `- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTRustyHinge
| |`- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTRichard Robinson
| `* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAdrian
|  +* Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTNicholas D. Richards
|  |+- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAhem A Rivet's Shot
|  |`- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTAdrian
|  `- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTchrisnd@privacy.net
+- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTgreymaus
+- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTBrian Gaff
`- Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPTJohn Williamson

Pages:12
Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1smn8F3878U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18579&group=uk.rec.sheds#18579

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 07:53:11 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 07:53 UTC

I had a play, asked it a simple question

"my company does not pay me enough, what shall i do?"

The answers were good. (Didn't say I should withhold labour, which is
what I mischievously was hoping to see)

Anyway...

Many (Many) years ago, a part of my brain closed down when I first
acquired a calculator and a digital watch.

Many years later, Google and then a Sat Nav.

Now I no longer have to think.

Soon, I will have the curiosity of a potato, and unable to gain skilled
employment.

Mankind become all becomes AI reliant vegetables.

Not good. :(

--
Potato C

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1so8tF3et2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18581&group=uk.rec.sheds#18581

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 08:19:41 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 08:19 UTC

On 07/01/2023 07:53, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

> Mankind become all becomes AI reliant vegetables.
>
> Not good. :(

"become all becomes", erm. See, I'm losing it already!

BTW the response to the question was

A. my company does not pay me enough, what shall i do?

Q. It's understandable that you may feel underpaid if you believe that
you are not being compensated fairly for the work you do. Here are a few
options you can consider:

Talk to your manager or HR representative about your concerns. It
may be that there is a misunderstanding about your pay, or that there is
room for negotiation.

Look for opportunities to increase your value to the company. This
can include taking on additional responsibilities, gaining new skills,
and demonstrating your worth to your employer.

Consider seeking employment elsewhere. If you have tried the first
two options and still feel that you are not being fairly compensated, it
may be time to look for a new job where you can be properly compensated
for your skills and experience.

Negotiate a raise or promotion. If you have demonstrated your value
to the company and have received positive feedback on your work, you may
want to consider negotiating a raise or promotion to a higher paying
position.

Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?

A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
our help center at help.openai.com.

--
Adrian C

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<slrntribs3.3k8.greymaus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18582&group=uk.rec.sheds#18582

From: greym...@dmaus.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 7 Jan 2023 08:38:27 GMT
 by: greymaus - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 08:38 UTC

On 2023-01-07, Adrian Caspersz <email@here.invalid> wrote:
> I had a play, asked it a simple question
>
> "my company does not pay me enough, what shall i do?"
>
> The answers were good. (Didn't say I should withhold labour, which is
> what I mischievously was hoping to see)

waste of time. That is what unions are for, get enough people involved
and you have a hope, on your own, and you will be out the door

> Anyway...
>
> Many (Many) years ago, a part of my brain closed down when I first
> acquired a calculator and a digital watch.
>
> Many years later, Google and then a Sat Nav.
>
> Now I no longer have to think.
>
> Soon, I will have the curiosity of a potato, and unable to gain skilled
> employment.

Potatoes are useful. Cut into thin strips, add some salt and butter, and
wait for the scales to pass 90 kilos.

> Mankind become all becomes AI reliant vegetables.

AI (excluding artificial insimination) is bunkum, only useful for
pushing crazy theories. Javascript is evil.

--
greymausg@mail.com

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpboj0$3gi37$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18583&group=uk.rec.sheds#18583

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 12:29:14 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 12:29 UTC

I do not agree. The reason is that to get many of these devices to work
correctly, the designer makes sure that you need to think in order to
actually get it working, as the instructions in many languages are not
comprehensible in any of them.

Take setting up a wifi door bell. Amazon thoughtfully sent me an email on
how to do it. It makes no sense as its far too generic, and seemingly the
app it needs was written without reading the instructions. Ahem.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Adrian Caspersz" <email@here.invalid> wrote in message
>I had a play, asked it a simple question
>
> "my company does not pay me enough, what shall i do?"
>
> The answers were good. (Didn't say I should withhold labour, which is what
> I mischievously was hoping to see)
>
> Anyway...
>
> Many (Many) years ago, a part of my brain closed down when I first
> acquired a calculator and a digital watch.
>
> Many years later, Google and then a Sat Nav.
>
> Now I no longer have to think.
>
> Soon, I will have the curiosity of a potato, and unable to gain skilled
> employment.
>
> Mankind become all becomes AI reliant vegetables.
>
> Not good. :(
>
> --
> Potato C

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1td68F6ip9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18584&group=uk.rec.sheds#18584

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:16:39 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:16 UTC

On 07/01/2023 07:53, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> I had a play, asked it a simple question
>
> "my company does not pay me enough, what shall i do?"
>
> The answers were good. (Didn't say I should withhold labour, which is
> what I mischievously was hoping to see)
>
> Anyway...
>
> Many (Many) years ago, a part of my brain closed down when I first
> acquired a calculator and a digital watch.
>
> Many years later, Google and then a Sat Nav.
>
> Now I no longer have to think.
>
> Soon, I will have the curiosity of a potato, and unable to gain skilled
> employment.
>
> Mankind become all becomes AI reliant vegetables.
>
> Not good. :(

GIGO still applies, then?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1tdb8F6ip9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18585&group=uk.rec.sheds#18585

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:19:19 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 14:19 UTC

On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>
> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
> our help center at help.openai.com.

It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent, is
"What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1thruF7a58U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18586&group=uk.rec.sheds#18586

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 7 Jan 2023 15:36:30 GMT
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 15:36 UTC

On 07/01/2023 14:19, John Williamson wrote:
>On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>
>> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>>
>> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
>> our help center at help.openai.com.
>>
>It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent, is
>"What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

Ah, if six were nine...

Chris

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<P1rfbbOOrZujFw1i@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18587&group=uk.rec.sheds#18587

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:16:14 +0000
 by: Adrian - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:16 UTC

In message <k1tdb8F6ip9U2@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> writes
>On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>
>> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>>
>> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
>> our help center at help.openai.com.
>>
>It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent,
>is "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

If you are using base 13, then 6x9 = 42

Apart from which, isn't knowledge of the question and the answer
supposed to be mutually exclusive ?

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<Yz85ELAufbujFAn8@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18588&group=uk.rec.sheds#18588

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 18:20:30 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 18:20 UTC

In article <P1rfbbOOrZujFw1i@ku.gro.lloiff>, Adrian
<bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> on Sat, 7 Jan 2023 at 16:16:14 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>In message <k1tdb8F6ip9U2@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
><johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> writes
>>On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>>
>>> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>>>
>>> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
>>> our help center at help.openai.com.
>>>
>>It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent,
>>is "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"
>>

>If you are using base 13, then 6x9 = 42
>
>Apart from which, isn't knowledge of the question and the answer
>supposed to be mutually exclusive ?

I useter know a barrister, socially.

He useter say that you never asked a question, particularly in when
cross-examining, unless you knew the answer, or at least anticipating
the likely answers.

That at least is how I remember it.

I have only ever been in court once; as an appropriate adult when my
teenage daughter gave evidence after witnessing an assault on and
robbery from her friend. The prosecuting barista did not impress me, he
had not understood his brief, unlike the defence barristers who had
understood their brief. One of the accused had pleaded guilty to a
lesser charge while the other 4 pleaded not guilty and were found not
guilty.

--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<20230107203234.809ff570c8113b55533e7c9e@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18589&group=uk.rec.sheds#18589

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:32:34 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:32 UTC

On 7 Jan 2023 15:36:30 GMT
"chrisnd @ukrm" <chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:

> Ah, if six were nine...

Come in number nine your time is up.
But we only have seven boats.
Number six you're sinking.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<20230107203414.d565951035fa47398a862147@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18590&group=uk.rec.sheds#18590

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:34:14 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:34 UTC

On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 18:20:30 +0000
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> He useter say that you never asked a question, particularly in when
> cross-examining, unless you knew the answer, or at least anticipating
> the likely answers.

Well of course, a surprise at that point could completely derail
the case so carefully built.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpcsn5$3k7ro$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18591&group=uk.rec.sheds#18591

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:45:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:45 UTC

chrisnd @ukrm said:
> On 07/01/2023 14:19, John Williamson wrote:
>>On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>>
>>> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>>>
>>> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
>>> our help center at help.openai.com.
>>>
>>It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent, is
>>"What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"
>>
> Ah, if six were nine...

I can think of someone who wouldn't mind. A lot of other people'd be
going round with puzzled expressions, thobut.

Old primaryskool joak :- what happens if you dial 666 ?
A: The call is answered by 3 coppers standing on their heads.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<30hB71SmYfujFwyy@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18592&group=uk.rec.sheds#18592

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:45:58 +0000
 by: Adrian - Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:45 UTC

In message <Yz85ELAufbujFAn8@salmiron.com>, Nicholas D. Richards
<nicholas@salmiron.com> writes
>I useter know a barrister, socially.
>
>He useter say that you never asked a question, particularly in when
>cross-examining, unless you knew the answer, or at least anticipating
>the likely answers.

That unforgets me of a former obff. During one regular chat, he asked
me if I thought I could do his wbo. I goove I was supposed to answer
either "yes", in which case steps would be taken to assist a cebzbgvba,
or "no" in which case I would be told I was wrong. I don't think he was
expect "yes, but why would I want to ?"

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops
Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpeecs$3rh6v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18595&group=uk.rec.sheds#18595

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:53:48 +0000
 by: Tone - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:53 UTC

On 07/01/2023 20:32, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2023 15:36:30 GMT
> "chrisnd @ukrm" <chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Ah, if six were nine...
>
> Come in number nine your time is up.
> But we only have seven boats.
> Number six you're sinking.

Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
written down the side, is 666 666.

However, should the taxi be pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ in an accident......

Tone

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1vvjeFim26U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18597&group=uk.rec.sheds#18597

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:43:09 +0000
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:43 UTC

On 07/01/2023 16:16, Adrian wrote:
> In message <k1tdb8F6ip9U2@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> writes
>> On 07/01/2023 08:19, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
>>>
>>> Q. is the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42?
>>>
>>> A. An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through
>>> our help center at help.openai.com.
>>>
>> It got that right. The ultimate question, as revealed by Arthur Dent,
>> is "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"
>>

> If you are using base 13, then 6x9 = 42
>
> Apart from which, isn't knowledge of the question and the answer
> supposed to be mutually exclusive ?

Unless used rhetorically - or by a lawyer in court

Chris

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<k1vvpcFim26U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18598&group=uk.rec.sheds#18598

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:46:20 +0000
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:46 UTC

On 08/01/2023 12:53, Tone wrote:
> On 07/01/2023 20:32, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
>> On 7 Jan 2023 15:36:30 GMT
>> "chrisnd @ukrm" <chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, if six were nine...
>>
>> Come in number nine your time is up.
>> But we only have seven boats.
>> Number six you're sinking.
>>

> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
> written down the side, is 666 666.
>
> However, should the taxi be pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ in an accident......
>
> Tone
I was thinking more of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZuFq4CfRR8

Chris

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpen0j$3risf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18600&group=uk.rec.sheds#18600

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:20:51 +0000
 by: Tone - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:20 UTC

On 08/01/2023 13:46, chrisnd@privacy.net wrote:
> On 08/01/2023 12:53, Tone wrote:
>> On 07/01/2023 20:32, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:

>>> Come in number nine your time is up.
>>> But we only have seven boats.
>>> Number six you're sinking.
>>>

>> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
>> written down the side, is 666 666.
>>
>> However, should the taxi be pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ in an accident......
>>
>> Tone
> I was thinking more of this:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZuFq4CfRR8
>
> Chris

I'd disremembered that. Not one of Jimi's best though.

Easy Rider. Now there's a film I could watch again.

Tone

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<20230108161404.ca822adbdd96c74f06a25656@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18602&group=uk.rec.sheds#18602

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:14:04 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:14 UTC

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:53:48 +0000
Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
> written down the side, is 666 666.

<review>The service was beastly.</review>

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<slrntrlt9t.1vos.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18603&group=uk.rec.sheds#18603

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:54:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 16:54 UTC

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:20:51 +0000, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

> Easy Rider. Now there's a film I could watch again.

I avoided it when it was released, a year ago just out of
curiosity I watched it again.

It was pretty pointless, seems I didn't miss anything of
importance when it came out.

--
(Betsy De Vos) Meanwhile, her brother Erik Prince owns the
Blackwater firm, which essentially sells mercenaries. As we can

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpeume$3t55g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18605&group=uk.rec.sheds#18605

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:31:58 +0000
 by: Tone - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:31 UTC

On 08/01/2023 16:54, Julian Macassey wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:20:51 +0000, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>>
>> Easy Rider. Now there's a film I could watch again.
>
> I avoided it when it was released, a year ago just out of
> curiosity I watched it again.
>
> It was pretty pointless, seems I didn't miss anything of
> importance when it came out.

It was mostly the music for me.

Tone

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<slrntrm16i.c2g.greymaus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18607&group=uk.rec.sheds#18607

From: greym...@dmaus.org (greymaus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 8 Jan 2023 18:00:50 GMT
 by: greymaus - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 18:00 UTC

On 2023-01-08, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2023 13:46, chrisnd@privacy.net wrote:

>>> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
>>> written down the side, is 666 666.
>>>
>>> However, should the taxi be pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ in an accident......
>>>
>>> Tone
>> I was thinking more of this:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZuFq4CfRR8
>>
>> Chris
>
> I'd disremembered that. Not one of Jimi's best though.
>
> Easy Rider. Now there's a film I could watch again.
>
> Tone

I remember some critics saying that in ten years [after] Easy Rider
would be forgotten, and some film about talking animals would be
remembered. Can't remember it's title. (Dr. Doolittle?)

Then, recently, women that were in the communes were interviewed, and
even after 60 years, they were ANGRY. No Birth control.

--
greymausg@mail.com

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the stench of an Influencer.
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<slrntrm56t.20or.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18608&group=uk.rec.sheds#18608

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:09:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 19:09 UTC

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:31:58 +0000, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2023 16:54, Julian Macassey wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:20:51 +0000, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Easy Rider. Now there's a film I could watch again.
>>
>> I avoided it when it was released, a year ago just out of
>> curiosity I watched it again.
>>
>> It was pretty pointless, seems I didn't miss anything of
>> importance when it came out.
>>

> It was mostly the music for me.

Certainly not the plot or the dialogue.

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpf8ds$3u3nt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18610&group=uk.rec.sheds#18610

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 20:18:03 +0000
 by: Tone - Sun, 8 Jan 2023 20:18 UTC

On 08/01/2023 19:09, Julian Macassey wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 17:31:58 +0000, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>>> I avoided it when it was released, a year ago just out of
>>> curiosity I watched it again.
>>>
>>> It was pretty pointless, seems I didn't miss anything of
>>> importance when it came out.
>>>

>> It was mostly the music for me.
>
> Certainly not the plot or the dialogue.

There are many who would disagree with you, but hey ho, it would be a
boring world if we all thought the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_Rider#Accolades

Tone

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpftbs$3vtln$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18613&group=uk.rec.sheds#18613

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:15:24 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:15 UTC

On 08/01/2023 12:53, Tone wrote:
> On 07/01/2023 20:32, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
>> On 7 Jan 2023 15:36:30 GMT
>> "chrisnd @ukrm" <chrisnd@privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah, if six were nine...
>>
>> Come in number nine your time is up.
>> But we only have seven boats.
>> Number six you're sinking.
>>

> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
> written down the side, is 666 666.

Norwich (prolly amongst other places)

> However, should the taxi be pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ in an accident......

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT

<tpftsb$2up$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18614&group=uk.rec.sheds#18614

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:24:11 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 02:24 UTC

On 08/01/2023 16:14, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 12:53:48 +0000
> Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere in UK, can't unfprget where, the taxi number to ring, sign
>> written down the side, is 666 666.
>
> <review>The service was beastly.</review>

Beastway Taxis?

Um: Bestway, atcherly.

--
Rusty Hinge

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Stay the &*(k away from ChatGPT