I can relate to that.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

SubjectAuthor
* Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJohn Ashby
+* Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJ. P. Gilliver
|`* Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementMike McMillan
| `* Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJ. P. Gilliver
|  `* Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJenny M Benson
|   `* Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJ. P. Gilliver
|    `- Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementJenny M Benson
+- Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementSam Plusnet
`- Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An AnnouncementNick Odell

1
Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<ukc8f4$1qggr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18971&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18971

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:19:32 +0000
 by: John Ashby - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:19 UTC

On this, the first day of December, it is time to announce the date,
time and venue for the Umra Bad Taste Awards Ceremony, 2023 which will,
naturally, be held in 2024. First though here is a warning that
nominations for a Bad Taste award will close at 23.59h on the 24th
December, 2023. Nominations for awards for 2024 will then re-open at
00.01h on the 25th December, 2023. This will give the Bad Taste Monitor
a well deserved rest (or a two minute silence).

The past two years have seen the Award Ceremony take place in luxurious
and resplendent venues. This year the BTM is cognisant of the straitened
circumstances umra, and indeed the country, finds itself in,
notwithstanding the ability of Borsetshire to support luxury hotels,
equine spas, oogly boogly therapy centres, organic tearooms, sorry,
terooms, and the multiple rich landowners, property developers, and
businessmen and women keen to dip into their small change to buy ten
acres of Grundy land. Sorry, got a bit carried away with lefty wokery there.

As I was saying the BTM understands that times are hard, money is tight
and water is wet and so this year's Bad Taste Award Ceremony will be
held at 19.00h on the 6th January, 2024 (it should be the 5th but I
think I have a choir rehearsal then) at the luxurious and resplendent
Nuneaton TravelLodge.

Rest assured that the savings this represents for the BTA budget will be
invested wisely. On another matter entirely, does anyone have any
experience of Caribbean cruises they can share?

john

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<r3oyqcDCHhalFwJO@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18974&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18974

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:02:58 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:02 UTC

In message <ukc8f4$1qggr$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:19:32,
John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>On this, the first day of December, it is time to announce the date,
>time and venue for the Umra Bad Taste Awards Ceremony, 2023 which will,
>naturally, be held in 2024. First though here is a warning that
>nominations for a Bad Taste award will close at 23.59h on the 24th
>December, 2023. Nominations for awards for 2024 will then re-open at
>00.01h on the 25th December, 2023. This will give the Bad Taste Monitor
>a well deserved rest (or a two minute silence).

What will be the case BT-wise during those two minutes - will it be like
the (probably apocryphal) tale of legal murder (when the death penalty
for it was abolished but a replacement wasn't put in place until a few
hours later)?
[]
>notwithstanding the ability of Borsetshire to support luxury hotels,
[]
Well, Gay Grables might have a function room ready, that might be
available at reasonable rates ...

Left-field possibility: Aldi has heard of our alternative name for the
place, and has decided to reopen it under that name, in the hope of
getting extra custom from the LGBT+* community.
[]
(* I know there are more letters, I just can't remember what they are. Q
is the next one, I think.)

There should be a place on the ballot paper for 'None of the above', and if
enough people filled that in, the system might start to change. - Jeremy
Paxman in RT, 2014/1/25-31

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<ukd4i7$1urol$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18976&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18976

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:19:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:EfXDx8DEsiYJG7gj0FfUF0qxgh4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:19 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <ukc8f4$1qggr$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:19:32,
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> writes
>> On this, the first day of December, it is time to announce the date,
>> time and venue for the Umra Bad Taste Awards Ceremony, 2023 which will,
>> naturally, be held in 2024. First though here is a warning that
>> nominations for a Bad Taste award will close at 23.59h on the 24th
>> December, 2023. Nominations for awards for 2024 will then re-open at
>> 00.01h on the 25th December, 2023. This will give the Bad Taste Monitor
>> a well deserved rest (or a two minute silence).
>
> What will be the case BT-wise during those two minutes - will it be like
> the (probably apocryphal) tale of legal murder (when the death penalty
> for it was abolished but a replacement wasn't put in place until a few
> hours later)?
> []
>> notwithstanding the ability of Borsetshire to support luxury hotels,
> []
> Well, Gay Grables might have a function room ready, that might be
> available at reasonable rates ...
>
> Left-field possibility: Aldi has heard of our alternative name for the
> place, and has decided to reopen it under that name, in the hope of
> getting extra custom from the LGBT+* community.
> []
> (* I know there are more letters, I just can't remember what they are. Q
> is the next one, I think.)

Perhaps they are French Letters?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<JmPqe5HfshalFwta@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18978&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18978

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:42:55 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:42 UTC

In message <ukd4i7$1urol$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:19:03,
Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> writes
>J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
[]
>> Well, Gay Grables might have a function room ready, that might be
>> available at reasonable rates ...
>>
>> Left-field possibility: Aldi has heard of our alternative name for the
>> place, and has decided to reopen it under that name, in the hope of
>> getting extra custom from the LGBT+* community.
>> []
>> (* I know there are more letters, I just can't remember what they are. Q
>> is the next one, I think.)
>
>Perhaps they are French Letters?

LOL - I'm still grinning! (More than Sykesie's ['70s?] line on the same
subject about Australians asking for a roll ...)

There should be a place on the ballot paper for 'None of the above', and if
enough people filled that in, the system might start to change. - Jeremy
Paxman in RT, 2014/1/25-31

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<W%paN.11$AUY8.9@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18980&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18980

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 18:56:54 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 18:56 UTC

On 01-Dec-23 9:19, John Ashby wrote:

<snip>

> As I was saying the BTM understands that times are hard, money is tight
> and water is wet and so this year's Bad Taste Award Ceremony will be
> held at 19.00h on the 6th January, 2024 (it should be the 5th but I
> think I have a choir rehearsal then) at the luxurious and resplendent
> Nuneaton TravelLodge.

An important point M'Lud!

I do hope the attending Umrats will not end up at the
"Travelodge Nuneaton Bedworth"
instead of
"Travelodge Nuneaton".

The two are only a couple of miles apart, and both the juxtaposition and
almost identical names seem guaranteed to cause problems.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<mickmit72bfeooee61t0hi90tk0650q7ap@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=18982&group=uk.media.radio.archers#18982

From: nickodel...@yahoo.ca (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 19:32:26 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 19:32 UTC

On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:19:32 +0000, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On this, the first day of December, it is time to announce the date,
>time and venue for the Umra Bad Taste Awards Ceremony, 2023 which will,
>naturally, be held in 2024. First though here is a warning that
>nominations for a Bad Taste award will close at 23.59h on the 24th
>December, 2023. Nominations for awards for 2024 will then re-open at
>00.01h on the 25th December, 2023. This will give the Bad Taste Monitor
>a well deserved rest (or a two minute silence).
>
>The past two years have seen the Award Ceremony take place in luxurious
>and resplendent venues. This year the BTM is cognisant of the straitened
>circumstances umra, and indeed the country, finds itself in,
>notwithstanding the ability of Borsetshire to support luxury hotels,
>equine spas, oogly boogly therapy centres, organic tearooms, sorry,
>terooms, and the multiple rich landowners, property developers, and
>businessmen and women keen to dip into their small change to buy ten
>acres of Grundy land. Sorry, got a bit carried away with lefty wokery there.
>
>As I was saying the BTM understands that times are hard, money is tight
>and water is wet and so this year's Bad Taste Award Ceremony will be
>held at 19.00h on the 6th January, 2024 (it should be the 5th but I
>think I have a choir rehearsal then) at the luxurious and resplendent
>Nuneaton TravelLodge.
>
>Rest assured that the savings this represents for the BTA budget will be
>invested wisely. On another matter entirely, does anyone have any
>experience of Caribbean cruises they can share?

My other concern about the Nuneaton Travelodge[1][2] is all those
fellow travelers. Or should I say fellow Travelodgers? If anything
comes down to a nailbitingly close decision, will they be called upon
to support the BTM?

Nick
[1]The first concern being that I will be Slighty Far Away at the
time.
[2]I'm visualising the scene, back in the days before I resigned from
the Labour Party because of their support of the Iraq war, when most
of our CLP wanted to deselect our MP because of their support of the
Iraq war. The "regulars" of the CLP turned up at the meeting room to
find that it was already full of people that we had never seen before
but who the sitting MP had persuaded to join the party and come along
to the meeting. They kept their seat.

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<kt19b1Fvt3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19008&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19008

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:54:41 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:54 UTC

On 01/12/2023 17:42, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> There should be a place on the ballot paper for 'None of the above', and if
> enough people filled that in, the system might start to change. - Jeremy
> Paxman in RT, 2014/1/25-31

In elections for the Welsh Assembly we can vote for the Abolish the
Welsh Assembly party.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<bquuNZUaG5alFwuS@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19013&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19013

Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 20:20:42 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 20:20 UTC

In message <kt19b1Fvt3U1@mid.individual.net> at Sat, 2 Dec 2023
17:54:41, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> writes
>On 01/12/2023 17:42, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> There should be a place on the ballot paper for 'None of the above', and if
>> enough people filled that in, the system might start to change. - Jeremy
>> Paxman in RT, 2014/1/25-31
>
>In elections for the Welsh Assembly we can vote for the Abolish the
>Welsh Assembly party.

Is that just an actual party, who you just have to trust would do what
their name says if elected, or is it a genuine automatic abolish option?

Q. How much is 2 + 2?
A. Thank you so much for asking your question.
Are you still having this problem? I'll be delighted to help you. Please
restate the problem twice and include your Windows version along with
all error logs.
- Mayayana in alt.windows7.general, 2018-11-1

Re: Bad Taste Award Ceremonty, 2023 - An Announcement

<kt1pbbFvt4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19021&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19021

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 22:27:55 +0000
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 22:27 UTC

On 02/12/2023 20:20, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> Is that just an actual party, who you just have to trust would do what
> their name says if elected, or is it a genuine automatic abolish option?

An actual Party, but I don't think they've got any seats in the Senedd
at the moment.
--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK