Void where prohibited by law.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

SubjectAuthor
* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Brian Gaff
`* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.John Williamson
 +* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Nicholas D. Richards
 |+* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.RustyHinge
 ||`* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Nicholas D. Richards
 || `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.RustyHinge
 ||  `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
 ||   +* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Brian Gaff
 ||   |+- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Don Stockbauer
 ||   |+- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Julian Macassey
 ||   |`* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Tease'n'Seize
 ||   | `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Nicholas D. Richards
 ||   |  `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Tease'n'Seize
 ||   |   `- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Nicholas D. Richards
 ||   `- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Nicholas D. Richards
 |`* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Brian Gaff
 | `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Sam Plusnet
 |  `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Chris Elvidge
 |   +* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
 |   |`* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Sam Plusnet
 |   | `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
 |   |  `* Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Kerr-Mudd, John
 |   |   `- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
 |   `- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.RustyHinge
 `- Self healing road paint and other thoughts.Brian Gaff

1
Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<tro7dt$2gfjd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19062&group=uk.rec.sheds#19062

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 12:28:44 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 12:28 UTC

Has anyone else noticed the poor repairs in roads after gas, Electricity and
other utilities have made a repair? In the old days they would do a temp
fix, wait for it to sink, then come and fix it properly once the compaction
has happened. Increasingly, that latter stage seems to have been forgotten
and I wondered if it might be due to the way local authorities now can
charge companies to work on the roads and footways, ie, if they just bodge
it, then not come back they save money.

While on this subject, apparently local authorities have been along and
painted pretty blue lines around potholes in roads and footways again. They
never actually fix the holes, just mark them with this self healing paint. A
word to the gullible council, this paint is not working.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19064&group=uk.rec.sheds#19064

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:49:35 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 13:49 UTC

The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility
contractors are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have
to make good, and the council or the Highways Agency will come along
later and do a permanent repair after everything has settled down. The
odds are that in reality, there will be another utility provider along
soon to repair the damage done to their stuff when the first lot
disturbed the ground anyway.

The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet
in an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board,
the electricity board....

On 05/02/2023 12:28, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed the poor repairs in roads after gas, Electricity and
> other utilities have made a repair? In the old days they would do a temp
> fix, wait for it to sink, then come and fix it properly once the compaction
> has happened. Increasingly, that latter stage seems to have been forgotten
> and I wondered if it might be due to the way local authorities now can
> charge companies to work on the roads and footways, ie, if they just bodge
> it, then not come back they save money.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<SseLjXA+SE4jFAGH@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19073&group=uk.rec.sheds#19073

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 00:07:26 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 00:07 UTC

In article <k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2023 at 13:49:35 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility
>contractors are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have
>to make good, and the council or the Highways Agency will come along
>later and do a permanent repair after everything has settled down. The
>odds are that in reality, there will be another utility provider along
>soon to repair the damage done to their stuff when the first lot
>disturbed the ground anyway.
>
>The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet
>in an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board,
>the electricity board....

We contested and lost an appeal against planning permission for a 30
metre cell mast on the pavement right outside our houses, in fact right
outside my bedroom.

After loosing the appeal they started by installing a green box on the
pavement and started digging a hole for the mast, packed up and went
away. A little later the pavement was made good. Then the water company
appeared and dug up the pavement. On enquiry we were told that the 3 had
attempted to instal a thirty metre mast over the top of a large water
main which started to leak. It is still leaking after 6 months. Better
still one the UK Powers pavement distribution boxes, adjacent to the
proposed mast site went pooofff.

--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trplq6$2pm6s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19074&group=uk.rec.sheds#19074

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 01:40:23 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 01:40 UTC

On 06/02/2023 00:07, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2023 at 13:49:35 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>
>> The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility
>> contractors are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have
>> to make good, and the council or the Highways Agency will come along
>> later and do a permanent repair after everything has settled down. The
>> odds are that in reality, there will be another utility provider along
>> soon to repair the damage done to their stuff when the first lot
>> disturbed the ground anyway.
>>
>> The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet
>> in an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board,
>> the electricity board....
>>
> We contested and lost an appeal against planning permission for a 30
> metre cell mast on the pavement right outside our houses, in fact right
> outside my bedroom.
>
> After loosing the appeal they started by installing a green box on the
> pavement and started digging a hole for the mast, packed up and went
> away. A little later the pavement was made good. Then the water company
> appeared and dug up the pavement. On enquiry we were told that the 3 had
> attempted to instal a thirty metre mast over the top of a large water
> main which started to leak. It is still leaking after 6 months. Better
> still one the UK Powers pavement distribution boxes, adjacent to the
> proposed mast site went pooofff.

Wot? It got bent?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<5krBxKAq+M4jFACj@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19076&group=uk.rec.sheds#19076

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 10:00:10 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 10:00 UTC

In article <trplq6$2pm6s$1@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@fooba
r.girolle.co.uk> on Mon, 6 Feb 2023 at 01:40:23 awoke Nicholas from his
slumbers and wrote
>On 06/02/2023 00:07, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> In article <k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
>> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2023 at 13:49:35 awoke
>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>>
>>> The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility
>>> contractors are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have
>>> to make good, and the council or the Highways Agency will come along
>>> later and do a permanent repair after everything has settled down. The
>>> odds are that in reality, there will be another utility provider along
>>> soon to repair the damage done to their stuff when the first lot
>>> disturbed the ground anyway.
>>>
>>> The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet
>>> in an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board,
>>> the electricity board....
>>>
>> We contested and lost an appeal against planning permission for a 30
>> metre cell mast on the pavement right outside our houses, in fact right
>> outside my bedroom.
>>
>> After loosing the appeal they started by installing a green box on the
>> pavement and started digging a hole for the mast, packed up and went
>> away. A little later the pavement was made good. Then the water company
>> appeared and dug up the pavement. On enquiry we were told that the 3 had
>> attempted to instal a thirty metre mast over the top of a large water
>> main which started to leak. It is still leaking after 6 months. Better
>> still one the UK Powers pavement distribution boxes, adjacent to the
>> proposed mast site went pooofff.
>
>Wot? It got bent?

You mean like a banana? No like an EU cucumber, straight up, but not
very vigorously.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trqrsc$32tg8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19078&group=uk.rec.sheds#19078

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30:05 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30 UTC

On 06/02/2023 10:00, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <trplq6$2pm6s$1@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@fooba
> r.girolle.co.uk> on Mon, 6 Feb 2023 at 01:40:23 awoke Nicholas from his
> slumbers and wrote
>> On 06/02/2023 00:07, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>> In article <k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
>>> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2023 at 13:49:35 awoke
>>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>>> We contested and lost an appeal against planning permission for a 30
>>> metre cell mast on the pavement right outside our houses, in fact right
>>> outside my bedroom.
>>>
>>> After loosing the appeal they started by installing a green box on the
>>> pavement and started digging a hole for the mast, packed up and went
>>> away. A little later the pavement was made good. Then the water company
>>> appeared and dug up the pavement. On enquiry we were told that the 3 had
>>> attempted to instal a thirty metre mast over the top of a large water
>>> main which started to leak. It is still leaking after 6 months. Better
>>> still one the UK Powers pavement distribution boxes, adjacent to the
>>> proposed mast site went pooofff.
>>
>> Wot? It got bent?
>>
> You mean like a banana? No like an EU cucumber, straight up, but not
> very vigorously.

O u c h !

EUuuuuuuch?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<20230206131219.4e4d0921294245e228fe637a@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19079&group=uk.rec.sheds#19079

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 13:12:19 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 13:12 UTC

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30:05 +0000
RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> EUuuuuuuch?

For a moment I saw an 'n' in there

<hangs Frank's glarses back on their hook>

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trr1tc$343m8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19081&group=uk.rec.sheds#19081

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:12:58 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:12 UTC

Here they get a discount for doing the work at the same time. Also most of
the pot holes which have sunk have been that way for over 5 years with the
self healing paint having worn away long ago.

Brian

--

--:
"John Williamson" <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility contractors
> are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have to make good,
> and the council or the Highways Agency will come along later and do a
> permanent repair after everything has settled down. The odds are that in
> reality, there will be another utility provider along soon to repair the
> damage done to their stuff when the first lot disturbed the ground anyway.
>
> The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet in
> an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board, the
> electricity board....
>
> On 05/02/2023 12:28, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Has anyone else noticed the poor repairs in roads after gas, Electricity
>> and
>> other utilities have made a repair? In the old days they would do a temp
>> fix, wait for it to sink, then come and fix it properly once the
>> compaction
>> has happened. Increasingly, that latter stage seems to have been
>> forgotten
>> and I wondered if it might be due to the way local authorities now can
>> charge companies to work on the roads and footways, ie, if they just
>> bodge
>> it, then not come back they save money.
>>

> --
> Tciao for Now!
>
> John.

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trr253$34538$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19082&group=uk.rec.sheds#19082

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:17:05 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:17 UTC

Sadly your story is not a one off. A lot of the utilities have no idea where
the services are other than a rough plan. This was evident when they put in
new street lights and makde the gas main leak and cut off Virgins cable in
three places.
I know that somebody is supposedly no using ground penetrating radar to map
under footways and small green patches. I'm assuming that this is going to
take a number of years, however.
Brian

--

--:
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in message
> In article <k49qffFdndoU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
> <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 5 Feb 2023 at 13:49:35 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>
>>The normal rule is that after working on the road, the utility
>>contractors are not allowed to make a permanent repair, they just have
>>to make good, and the council or the Highways Agency will come along
>>later and do a permanent repair after everything has settled down. The
>>odds are that in reality, there will be another utility provider along
>>soon to repair the damage done to their stuff when the first lot
>>disturbed the ground anyway.
>>
>>The disturbance is why, after they install the shiny new fast internet
>>in an area you see holes being dug by the water board, the gas board,
>>the electricity board....
>>
> We contested and lost an appeal against planning permission for a 30
> metre cell mast on the pavement right outside our houses, in fact right
> outside my bedroom.
>
> After loosing the appeal they started by installing a green box on the
> pavement and started digging a hole for the mast, packed up and went
> away. A little later the pavement was made good. Then the water company
> appeared and dug up the pavement. On enquiry we were told that the 3 had
> attempted to instal a thirty metre mast over the top of a large water
> main which started to leak. It is still leaking after 6 months. Better
> still one the UK Powers pavement distribution boxes, adjacent to the
> proposed mast site went pooofff.
>

> --
> 0sterc@tcher -
>
> "O� sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trr2th$349nb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19083&group=uk.rec.sheds#19083

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:30:08 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:30 UTC

Yes then there was once a nice triangle of grass and flowers with a seat.
Along come one of the mobile networks and put in for permission to build a 5
g mast with six antennas and two dishes plus ancillary works and wrap
around cabinets right where the seat was. They were refused due to public
outcry. Then they tried to install it by the railway line in a park half a
mile up the road. They were refused. This is really silly as it was within
a few yards of the tallest building in sw London which you either love or
hate, called Tolworth Tower. It transpired that there are a lot of
transmitters up there already, and hence the cost is going up, and it was
seen as cheaper to put up an ugly grey monopole of 30 meters than ut it on
that roof.
Surely designers of these poles and aerials could make them look more
attractive in some way?
Brian

--

--:
"Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <steveo@eircom.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30:05 +0000
> RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> EUuuuuuuch?
>
> For a moment I saw an 'n' in there
>
> <hangs Frank's glarses back on their hook>
>
> --
> Steve O'Hara-Smith
> Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<310f7712-9092-4526-b4fd-f79febde2467n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19084&group=uk.rec.sheds#19084

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 06:32:42 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:32 UTC

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 8:30:11 AM UTC-6, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Yes then there was once a nice triangle of grass and flowers with a seat.
> Along come one of the mobile networks and put in for permission to build a 5
> g mast with six antennas and two dishes plus ancillary works and wrap
> around cabinets right where the seat was. They were refused due to public
> outcry. Then they tried to install it by the railway line in a park half a
> mile up the road. They were refused. This is really silly as it was within
> a few yards of the tallest building in sw London which you either love or
> hate, called Tolworth Tower. It transpired that there are a lot of
> transmitters up there already, and hence the cost is going up, and it was
> seen as cheaper to put up an ugly grey monopole of 30 meters than ut it on
> that roof.
> Surely designers of these poles and aerials could make them look more
> attractive in some way?
> Brian
>
> --
>
> --:
> This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
> The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
> bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
> Blind user, so no pictures please
> Note this Signature is meaningless.!
> "Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <ste...@eircom.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30:05 +0000
> > RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> EUuuuuuuch?
> >
> > For a moment I saw an 'n' in there
> >
> > <hangs Frank's glarses back on their hook>
> >
> > --
> > Steve O'Hara-Smith
> > Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

I once to posted some thing here about if the moon could be directly over Victoria Texas but I can't find it now can somebody help me?

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<slrntu275q.eqt3.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19085&group=uk.rec.sheds#19085

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:28:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:28 UTC

On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 14:30:08 -0000, Brian Gaff <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely designers of these poles and aerials could make them look more
> attractive in some way?

The rule tends to be when the aerial is for your use it
is OK otherwise, it is an eyesore. I'm sure customers of
Satellite TV think all those antennas stuck on the sides of
buildings are OK.

Or the municipalities with bylaws forbidding radio maks
for anyone but the municipality.

--
That’ll teach the English for trying to behave like Frenchmen. -
president De Gaulle on the Profumo scandal

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<HqEuCtAXJS4jFAEW@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19087&group=uk.rec.sheds#19087

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:52:55 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 15:52 UTC

In article <20230206131219.4e4d0921294245e228fe637a@eircom.net>, Ahem A
Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Mon, 6 Feb 2023 at 13:12:19 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On Mon, 6 Feb 2023 12:30:05 +0000
>RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> EUuuuuuuch?
>
> For a moment I saw an 'n' in there

+1

><hangs Frank's glarses back on their hook>

Frank's glarses are not much use to me. I am told that without my
glarses I am functionally blind. Without them I would not see the
proverbially big red bus until it was too late.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<wodEL.2686970$YC96.2481575@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19092&group=uk.rec.sheds#19092

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:27:10 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 20:27 UTC

On 06-Feb-23 14:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Sadly your story is not a one off. A lot of the utilities have no idea where
> the services are other than a rough plan. This was evident when they put in
> new street lights and makde the gas main leak and cut off Virgins cable in
> three places.
> I know that somebody is supposedly no using ground penetrating radar to map
> under footways and small green patches. I'm assuming that this is going to
> take a number of years, however.

I suspect that those areas have been dug up and disturbed so many times
over the last century or so, that ground penetrating radar will probably
just see a jumbled mass of squiggles.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<trteah$3ngn6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19094&group=uk.rec.sheds#19094

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:57:05 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:57 UTC

On 06/02/2023 20:27, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 06-Feb-23 14:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
>> Sadly your story is not a one off. A lot of the utilities have no idea
>> where
>> the services are other than a rough plan. This was evident when they
>> put in
>> new street lights and makde the gas main leak and cut off Virgins
>> cable in
>> three places.
>> I know that somebody is supposedly no using ground penetrating radar
>> to map
>> under footways and small green patches. I'm assuming that this is
>> going to
>> take a number of years, however.
>
> I suspect that those areas have been dug up and disturbed so many times
> over the last century or so, that ground penetrating radar will probably
> just see a jumbled mass of squiggles.

But who is burying the squiggles?

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<20230207121447.ff1d42f70a9194a11e057e4f@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19095&group=uk.rec.sheds#19095

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 12:14:47 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 12:14 UTC

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:57:05 +0000
Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:

> But who is burying the squiggles?

Terrible news! SAVE THE SQUIGGLES!

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<tru729$3r4vs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19097&group=uk.rec.sheds#19097

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:59:22 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 18:59 UTC

On 07/02/2023 11:57, Chris Elvidge wrote:
> On 06/02/2023 20:27, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>> On 06-Feb-23 14:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>> Sadly your story is not a one off. A lot of the utilities have no
>>> idea where
>>> the services are other than a rough plan. This was evident when they
>>> put in
>>> new street lights and makde the gas main leak and cut off Virgins
>>> cable in
>>> three places.
>>>   I know that somebody is supposedly no using ground penetrating
>>> radar to map
>>> under footways and small green patches. I'm assuming that this is
>>> going to
>>> take a number of years, however.
>>
>> I suspect that those areas have been dug up and disturbed so many
>> times over the last century or so, that ground penetrating radar will
>> probably just see a jumbled mass of squiggles.
>>

> But who is burying the squiggles?

And are they self-healing?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<1HxEL.471372$MVg8.144108@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19098&group=uk.rec.sheds#19098

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:32:13 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:32 UTC

On 07-Feb-23 12:14, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:57:05 +0000
> Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:
>
>> But who is burying the squiggles?
>
> Terrible news! SAVE THE SQUIGGLES!

Nah! Their second album was rubbish.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<05adnVcT_co2M3_-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19099&group=uk.rec.sheds#19099

Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:03:51 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:03 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> Along come one of the mobile networks and put in for permission to build a 5g mast

I thought they got automatic consent, or has that changed?

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<20230207204845.ea62d45982d0ea95d299d8fa@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19100&group=uk.rec.sheds#19100

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:48:45 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:48 UTC

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:32:13 +0000
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> On 07-Feb-23 12:14, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:57:05 +0000
> > Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:
> >
> >> But who is burying the squiggles?
> >
> > Terrible news! SAVE THE SQUIGGLES!
>
> Nah! Their second album was rubbish.

Try The Wiggles instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9rT_W38ks

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<$1EQFJAV4t4jFASL@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19104&group=uk.rec.sheds#19104

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 23:26:13 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 23:26 UTC

In article <05adnVcT_co2M3_-nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>,
Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid.?> on Tue, 7 Feb 2023 at
20:03:51 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> Along come one of the mobile networks and put in for permission to build a 5g
>mast
>
>I thought they got automatic consent, or has that changed?
They applied for permission to put the mast that they have b*lls *p
outside my house. I know because I was one of the objectors. The
planners approved it without going to the planning committee.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<20230208101851.ce7a5f49d2c150e371a104dd@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19106&group=uk.rec.sheds#19106

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 10:18:51 +0000
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 10:18 UTC

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:48:45 +0000
Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:32:13 +0000
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
> > On 07-Feb-23 12:14, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:

> > > Terrible news! SAVE THE SQUIGGLES!
> >
> > Nah! Their second album was rubbish.
>
> Try The Wiggles instead:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9rT_W38ks

ITYF they're also well past it.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<20230208103157.119a249bae92f98ef9eff165@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19109&group=uk.rec.sheds#19109

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 10:31:57 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 8 Feb 2023 10:31 UTC

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 10:18:51 +0000
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 20:48:45 +0000
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:32:13 +0000
> > Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> > > Nah! Their second album was rubbish.
> >
> > Try The Wiggles instead:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9rT_W38ks
> >
> ITYF they're also well past it.

They've had several sets of members since I first had the
displeasure.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<AtacnT8TIt2zyHj-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19153&group=uk.rec.sheds#19153

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:18:53 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:18 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards wrote:

> Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>
>> I thought they got automatic consent, or has that changed?
>
> They applied for permission to put the mast that they have b*lls *p
> outside my house. I know because I was one of the objectors. The
> planners approved it without going to the planning committee.
Izzit over 15m tall, parrotly that molishes a difference.

Re: Self healing road paint and other thoughts.

<Q+$r3XA+QW5jFAuC@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19155&group=uk.rec.sheds#19155

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:23:10 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Thu, 9 Feb 2023 21:23 UTC

In article <AtacnT8TIt2zyHj-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>,
Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid.?> on Thu, 9 Feb 2023 at
20:18:53 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>
>> Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>>
>>> I thought they got automatic consent, or has that changed?
>>
>> They applied for permission to put the mast that they have b*lls *p
>> outside my house. I know because I was one of the objectors. The
>> planners approved it without going to the planning committee.
>Izzit over 15m tall, parrotly that molishes a difference.

Yes, and I am told once they have their permission they can, without
further application, increase its height.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"