Offer may end without notice.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / County chairmen and the dropping penny

SubjectAuthor
* County chairmen and the dropping pennymax.it
`* Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennyRH
 +* Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennyjack fredricks
 |`- Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennyRH
 `* Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennyJohn Hall
  `* Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennymax.it
   `- Re: County chairmen and the dropping pennyRH

1
County chairmen and the dropping penny

<jtj0vgdkcglpsqnmmcaipgag75kdg1k76q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19212&group=uk.sport.cricket#19212

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: County chairmen and the dropping penny
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:18:30 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:18 UTC

A couple of news reports today.
Middlesex chairman simply missed a point and I'm not even sure it was
his job to catch the point. His remarks that Afro/Carribean kids go
for football and south Asian kids go for education isn't racist it's
an observation that has been made before many times. Even the fact
that he didn't think to ask why isn't racist either. Why do these kids
leave the game is a legitimate question and the answer may well
include racisim.

The Glamorgan guy, similar line but he's noticed the figures of the
young players who don't go on to pro cricket and he's noticed that
they are Asian and black kids. He has concluded that it must be
racisim. Sounds a bit raw but perhaps there is passive racisim. There
is certainly passive secterianism where I live and it is accepted.

There is a feeling that these young people are a people apart, but
clearly from their recent protests, stories and experiences they want
to be part of regular cricket.
When you hear about the rich list and the privilaged 1% it sounds
gross and people complain, but in cricket there appears to be a
privilaged 96% that nobody is very bothered about regardless of
results.

max.it

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<48259cb0-d4f5-4095-b853-73001aa6aa9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19215&group=uk.sport.cricket#19215

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:53:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:53 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 8:18:36 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> A couple of news reports today.
> Middlesex chairman simply missed a point and I'm not even sure it was
> his job to catch the point. His remarks that Afro/Carribean kids go
> for football and south Asian kids go for education isn't racist it's
> an observation that has been made before many times. Even the fact
> that he didn't think to ask why isn't racist either. Why do these kids
> leave the game is a legitimate question and the answer may well
> include racisim.
>
> The Glamorgan guy, similar line but he's noticed the figures of the
> young players who don't go on to pro cricket and he's noticed that
> they are Asian and black kids. He has concluded that it must be
> racisim. Sounds a bit raw but perhaps there is passive racisim. There
> is certainly passive secterianism where I live and it is accepted.
>
> There is a feeling that these young people are a people apart, but
> clearly from their recent protests, stories and experiences they want
> to be part of regular cricket.

Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian only leagues

ROTFL!

RH

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<59589f24-5c52-4b72-85bb-b4fe0653f732n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19216&group=uk.sport.cricket#19216

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 22:57:02 -0800 (PST)
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:57 UTC

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 4:53:48 PM UTC+10, RH wrote:
> Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian only leagues

I thought you said that was a bad thing.

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<SyDn+KB5ES8hFw$w@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19222&group=uk.sport.cricket#19222

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:23:53 +0000
 by: John Hall - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:23 UTC

In message <48259cb0-d4f5-4095-b853-73001aa6aa9an@googlegroups.com>, RH
<anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
>On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 8:18:36 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>> A couple of news reports today.
>> Middlesex chairman simply missed a point and I'm not even sure it was
>> his job to catch the point. His remarks that Afro/Carribean kids go
>> for football and south Asian kids go for education isn't racist it's
>> an observation that has been made before many times. Even the fact
>> that he didn't think to ask why isn't racist either. Why do these kids
>> leave the game is a legitimate question and the answer may well
>> include racisim.
>>
>> The Glamorgan guy, similar line but he's noticed the figures of the
>> young players who don't go on to pro cricket and he's noticed that
>> they are Asian and black kids. He has concluded that it must be
>> racisim. Sounds a bit raw but perhaps there is passive racisim. There
>> is certainly passive secterianism where I live and it is accepted.
>>
>> There is a feeling that these young people are a people apart, but
>> clearly from their recent protests, stories and experiences they want
>> to be part of regular cricket.
>

>Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian
>only leagues
>
>ROTFL!
>
>RH

You don't think that white teams and leagues not making them welcome
might have had something to do with that?
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<5b37f364-a055-4c0b-a5df-87f6dd6cf32bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19225&group=uk.sport.cricket#19225

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:49:42 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:49 UTC

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 6:57:03 AM UTC, jzfre...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 4:53:48 PM UTC+10, RH wrote:
> > Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian only leagues
> I thought you said that was a bad thing.

Imagine how all white English teams in all white leagues. would be received in these pc days.

There is also a cricketing point to be made about all Asian side in all Asian leagues, ifd Asians play in such teams and leagues they could be reasonably expected to be playing in less demanding circumstances because they are drawing from a much smaller talent pool because there is a much smaller Asian population in the UK than than the totality of of the non-Asian people in the UK. Hence, when an Asian player tries to move into the pro game their lack of quality becomes apparent. RH

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<2sf2vg1fnipitl7kd6g2j211gldti3i0cm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19226&group=uk.sport.cricket#19226

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:54:29 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:54 UTC

On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:23:53 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <48259cb0-d4f5-4095-b853-73001aa6aa9an@googlegroups.com>, RH
><anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
>>On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 8:18:36 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>>> A couple of news reports today.
>>> Middlesex chairman simply missed a point and I'm not even sure it was
>>> his job to catch the point. His remarks that Afro/Carribean kids go
>>> for football and south Asian kids go for education isn't racist it's
>>> an observation that has been made before many times. Even the fact
>>> that he didn't think to ask why isn't racist either. Why do these kids
>>> leave the game is a legitimate question and the answer may well
>>> include racisim.
>>>
>>> The Glamorgan guy, similar line but he's noticed the figures of the
>>> young players who don't go on to pro cricket and he's noticed that
>>> they are Asian and black kids. He has concluded that it must be
>>> racisim. Sounds a bit raw but perhaps there is passive racisim. There
>>> is certainly passive secterianism where I live and it is accepted.
>>>
>>> There is a feeling that these young people are a people apart, but
>>> clearly from their recent protests, stories and experiences they want
>>> to be part of regular cricket.
>>

>>Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian
>>only leagues
>>
>>ROTFL!
>>
>>RH
>
>You don't think that white teams and leagues not making them welcome
>might have had something to do with that?

There you go a genuine real life demonstration of what the county
chairmen are beginning to wonder about. Henderson will never catch on,
his irrational beliefs have too much control over his simple mind..

max.it

Re: County chairmen and the dropping penny

<d1123966-5990-44d5-b59e-de26260dc95cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19228&group=uk.sport.cricket#19228

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:15:51 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:15 UTC

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 12:54:37 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:23:53 +0000, John Hall
> <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> >In message <48259cb0-d4f5-4095...@googlegroups.com>, RH
> ><anywh...@gmail.com> writes

> >>Like all the Asians who choose to play for Asian only teams and Asian
> >>only leagues
> >>
> >>ROTFL!
> >>
> >>RH
> >
> >You don't think that white teams and leagues not making them welcome
> >might have had something to do with that?
> There you go a genuine real life demonstration of what the county
> chairmen are beginning to wonder about. Henderson will never catch on,
> his irrational beliefs have too much control over his simple mind..
> max.it

Lazarus demonstrates his idea of what constitutes argument .... RH