Mother told me to be good but she's been wrong before.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Gough Whitlam's house restored

SubjectAuthor
* Gough Whitlam's house restoredOzix
+* Gough Whitlam's house restoredPetzl
|`- Gough Whitlam's house restored*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
+- Gough Whitlam's house restoredPeter Jason
`* Gough Whitlam's house restoredFran
 `- Gough Whitlam's house restoredchop

1
Gough Whitlam's house restored

<6389d611$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19214&group=aus.politics#19214

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: Gough Whitlam's house restored
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 18:40:16 +0800
 by: Ozix - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 10:40 UTC

Glad to see this happened, not just because of Gough, but Roy Appleton
wasn't a bad architect. Too many mid-century modernist houses have been
bulldozed because they only had one bathroom, and got replaced by a
McMansion. And even better, the restorers got rid of the ghastly wallpaper.

Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored

<quqkoh14bte1cpjnpc9agealaa11q1ddca@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19217&group=aus.politics#19217

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 08:21:04 +1100
 by: Petzl - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 21:21 UTC

<https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/gough-whitlams-preserved-cabramatta-family-home-unveiled-as-anthony-albanese-marks-50-years-since-its-time-victory/news-story/cae3ff031fc86cc17a88fc0c881f2336>
https://tinyurl.com/2ompx72m
Gough Whitlam's preserved Cabramatta family home unveiled as Anthony
Albanese marks 50 years since 'It's Time' victory
Anthony Albanese has marked 50 years since Gough Whitlam's election
victory by visiting the former prime minister's family home which has
been restored thanks to a government grant, as he responded to a
question about whether his public housing home will also be preserved.
--
Petzl

The entire Parliament was sacked,for treason under Whitlam
Constitutionally Parties are not recognised. So when a Government was
found to be removing ties to USA and Britain's orbit moving towards
that of the Communist and Third World powers, with strong support for
the "Arab lobby", Britain and USA would of found that treachery.

Arab financiers offered lower interest rates on governmental loans
than US banks/financiers. The Middle East at the time was awash with
"petro-dollars", as the price of oil quadrupled between 1973 and 1974.
Whitlam allowed Saudi Arabs to build a Mosque in Sydney/Lakemba.
Whitlam was a immoral communist working to remove ties to USA and
Britain's orbit moving towards that of the Communist and Third World
powers, with strong support for the "Arab lobby".
https://is.gd/IzhkxL

Whitlam did not want anti-communists to settle in Australia,
irrespective of whether they were genuine asylum seekers. Here his
stance differed from the position he took following the overthrow of
Salvador Allende's left-wing government in Chile in 1973.

Whitlam said on the ABC that Australia did not want “another
­reactionary right-wing minority”. Foreign minister Don Willesee
pleaded with him to take more. Whitlam replied: “I’m not having those
f..king Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their religious
and political prejudices against us.”

Whitlam opposed the entry of Vietnamese refugees, saying they stirred
no sympathy in him. He added: “There will be some resentment about the
people coming to Australia at a time of unemployment, and also people
from a very different way of life.”

In other words, Whitlam consciously stirred up ethnic and racial
prejudice against Vietnamese ­because he thought they might be
politically hostile to Labor.

Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored

<tmduj5$35j7u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19218&group=aus.politics#19218

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:35:15 +1100
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 22:35 UTC

Petz still likes to be Murdoched

/snip/

> skynews.com.au

/snip/

Only demented right-retards like you watch anything on Sky, the Murdoch
propaganda and manufactured lies outlet...even if on some random
occasion by accident it might bring something marginally related to
actual news.

/NOTE:
All of Petz's completely idiotic and mostly plagiarised alt-right
phantasms, conspiracy kookery and fundy propaganda sigs are consigned to
cyber nirvana w/o reading/

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored

<th0loh14munbk08dij7p8b6calnimdrf4c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19220&group=aus.politics#19220

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:05:02 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 23:05 UTC

On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 18:40:16 +0800, Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:

>Glad to see this happened, not just because of Gough, but Roy Appleton
>wasn't a bad architect. Too many mid-century modernist houses have been
>bulldozed because they only had one bathroom, and got replaced by a
>McMansion. And even better, the restorers got rid of the ghastly wallpaper.

I must raise an objection.

If I had my time again I would redecorate in the 1970s style...
https://www.journalism.co.uk/assets/33/ugliest-bathroom_%281%29.jpg
...observe the carpet and the richness of the colors!
In other rooms I would line the walls with the thickest of furry
wallpaper and similar treatments, to engage calmness and welcoming in
the home...
https://tinyurl.com/2psc96ou
....and to aid the poor of vision a chandelier in each room!

All so unlike the clinical and even latrine-like decor of today, all
white and with those hideous 3 lamps over the kitchen bench.

Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored

<tmegtb$39lfc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19230&group=aus.politics#19230

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 14:47:52 +1100
 by: Fran - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 03:47 UTC

On 2/12/2022 9:40 pm, Ozix wrote:
> Glad to see this happened, not just because of Gough, but Roy Appleton
> wasn't a bad architect. Too many mid-century modernist houses have been
> bulldozed because they only had one bathroom, and got replaced by a
> McMansion. And even better, the restorers got rid of the ghastly wallpaper.

I'm glad too but mostly because of Gough. Family Law Act, abolished
capital punishment, removed taxes on the pill, Medicare. Just those
alone are enough for him to be remembered as an amazingly visionary PM.
Unlike Morrison who clearly still doesn't 'get it'.

Re: Gough Whitlam's house restored

<op.1wk3qvp1nuhhzz@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19233&group=aus.politics#19233

From: chop...@gmail.com (chop)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 15:50:45 +1100
 by: chop - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 04:50 UTC

On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 14:47:52 +1100, Fran
<gettingmoredelusionalbythedayistheforger@nutcasewannabefran.com> wrote:

> On 2/12/2022 9:40 pm, Ozix wrote:
>> Glad to see this happened, not just because of Gough, but Roy Appleton
>> wasn't a bad architect. Too many mid-century modernist houses have been
>> bulldozed because they only had one bathroom, and got replaced by a
>> McMansion. And even better, the restorers got rid of the ghastly
>> wallpaper.

> I'm glad too but mostly because of Gough. Family Law Act,

> abolished capital punishment,

Bullshit. No federal govt can do that.

> removed taxes on the pill, Medicare. Just those alone are enough for
> him to be remembered as an amazingly visionary PM.

The voters clearly felt otherwise.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Gough Whitlam's house restored