From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Docks Leave
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:59:12 +0000
 by: Tone - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:59 UTC

Just watched 'The Long Good Friday' (1980) again after many years.

Leaving aside the gratuitous violence, Bob Hoskins' superb acting,
especially in the last scene, Helen Mirren of course and a very young
Pierce Brosnan, plus a believable plot, the shots of London Docks post
closure and pre redevelopment were really interesting.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-long-good-friday

Tone

Re: Docks Leave

<0E+CpXAz087jFAZX@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19306&group=uk.rec.sheds#19306

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Docks Leave
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:53:39 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 18:53 UTC

In article <tsmjh5$3dov0$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <tone@email.com> on
Fri, 17 Feb 2023 at 00:59:12 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Just watched 'The Long Good Friday' (1980) again after many years.
>
>Leaving aside the gratuitous violence, Bob Hoskins' superb acting,
>especially in the last scene, Helen Mirren of course and a very young
>Pierce Brosnan, plus a believable plot, the shots of London Docks post
>closure and pre redevelopment were really interesting.
>
>https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-long-good-friday

At times a much under rated actor. I did not really understand The Long
Good Friday and all I remember of it is the almost continious violence.

For a dark, bleak and very believable film my money is on Mona Lisa. I
could feel emotions of George and Simone (Hoskins and Tyson).

On the other extreme there is that delightful film Who Killed Roger
Rabbit.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"