Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Subject: Warning! Elon at work ... misinformation is spiking
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 08:16:19 +1100
 by: Ördög - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:16 UTC

Thank you Space Karen Elon! So much for your ideological 'improvements'
done to Twitter!
This is what we needed urgently....NOT!

~~~~~ ~~~~~
*COVID, vaccine misinformation 'spiking' on Twitter after Elon Musk
fires moderators*
/By technology reporter James Purtill, ABC Science, Australia/

<https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2022-12-08/covid-misinformation-spiking-on-twitter-elon-musk/101742276?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=abc_news_newsmail_am_sfmc&utm_term=&utm_id=1988814&sfmc_id=126532366>

<https://tinyurl.com/26ys2y62>

"Elon Musk's first month at Twitter has seen a surge in hate speech and
COVID misinformation.(NTB: Carina Johansen via Reuters )"

*Key points*

- For years, Twitter heavily moderated COVID and anti-vaccine
misinformation

- Within weeks of Elon Musk taking over, this misinformation surged
back onto the platform

- Other research found a dramatic increase in hate speech, contrary
to Mr Musk's claim

"The volume of COVID misinformation has jumped alarmingly on Twitter,
while anti-vaccination networks that had formerly been dispersed are
already reforming and reorganising, according to research.
When Elon Musk took over the social media platform in late October, he
set about dismantling certain moderation policies as well as the teams
tasked with enforcing them.

By the end of November, a system that had been painstakingly built by
many people over many years lay in tatters.
Mr Musk made a special point of allowing COVID misinformation,
announcing on November 30 that his new company was "no longer enforcing
the COVID-19 misleading information policy".

Given these changes, researchers expected to see an increase in COVID
misinformation when they analysed the volume of tweets containing
certain keywords associated with established conspiratorial tropes, such
as "Covid AND hoax", "Fauci AND lied" and "Ivermectin".
Now that data is in — and the size and speed of the increase has
surprised even these seasoned observers.
"This is a watershed moment," said Timothy Graham, the misinformation
expert at the Queensland University of Technology who ran the analysis.
"This is a clear signal that COVID misinformation is back on the menu."

*A new documentary drove the return of COVID misinfo*

...The spike in the second half of November is partly due to the launch
of an anti-vax propaganda documentary, Died Suddenly, which spread
widely and served as a timely vehicle for the return of COVID
misinformation on Mr Musk's Twitter.
Whereas once it would probably have been banned, the Died Suddenly
Twitter account has amassed over 155,000 followers and features the
$8-per-month blue checkmark, which means the owner has paid for a
premium service that will promote their tweets.

"I think that it would have been specially moderated if the Twitter
safety team were still working at Twitter," Dr Graham said. ..."
~~~ ~~~

This is what happens when ideological zealotry is given full reign for
reasons of stupidity and incompetence letting well organised alt-right
loony-tunes take over a social media platform without the necessary
moderation. They wreck the platform in no time with conspiracy kookery,
political and religious hate-speech and call for discrimination and
violence.

There is no question about it, Elon Musk is quite satisfied with this
result, after all he was already quite intent on sucking up to GOP and
the political far-right. Rabid anarcho-capitalists are like that.

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

Re: Warning! Elon at work ... misinformation is spiking

<062e7a5a-e0f9-4fa5-8448-e17367c74e47n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19312&group=aus.politics#19312

Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 13:36:23 -0800 (PST)
From: pet...@gmail.com (petzl)
 by: petzl - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:36 UTC

On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:16:23 AM UTC+11, Ördög wrote:
> Thank you Space Karen Elon! So much for your ideological 'improvements'
> done to Twitter!
> This is what we needed urgently....NOT!

“The truth will set you free” John 8:32, John 17.
Can't have Elon Musk buying a company to just tell truth?
--
Petzl
**On March fourteenth, in the year of our Lord, one thousand, eight hundred and eighty-three.
Karl Marx made his most important contribution to mankind...
He died**
Cultural Marxism aims
1. The creation of racism offenses.
2. Continual change to create confusion
3. The teaching of sex and homosexuality to children
4. The undermining of schools' and teachers' authority
5. Huge immigration and multiculturalism to destroy a countries identity.
6. The promotion of drug taking (while pretending it is bad)
7. Emptying of churches
(Only the Christian churches as the underlying basis of our society is Judaeo Christian) Other religions are to be promoted and protected.
8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime (Soft sentencing, revolving doors, more concern for the welfare of criminals than victims)
9. Creating dependency on the state or state benefits
10. Control and dumbing down of media
11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family by:
(a) Attack the authority of the father.
(b) deny the specific roles of father and mother.
(c) Wrest away from families their rights as primary educators of their children.
(d) Abolish differences in the education of boys and girls
(e) Abolish all forms of male dominance
(f) Declare women to be an 'oppressed class' and men as 'oppressors'

Re: Warning! Elon at work ... misinformation is spiking

<tr8kL.2019528$MJk2.8938@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19314&group=aus.politics#19314

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 09:27:35 +1100
 by: Ördög - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 22:27 UTC

Petz continues unabated his amazing "Village Idiot Show"

> Ördög

/Discussion context restored below/
~~~~
Thank you Space Karen Elon! So much for your ideological 'improvements'
done to Twitter!
This is what we needed urgently....NOT!
~~~~~ ~~~~~
*COVID, vaccine misinformation 'spiking' on Twitter after Elon Musk
fires moderators*
/By technology reporter James Purtill, ABC Science, Australia/
<https://tinyurl.com/26ys2y62>

"Elon Musk's first month at Twitter has seen a surge in hate speech and
COVID misinformation.(NTB: Carina Johansen via Reuters )"
*Key points*

- For years, Twitter heavily moderated COVID and anti-vaccine
misinformation

- Within weeks of Elon Musk taking over, this misinformation surged
back onto the platform

- Other research found a dramatic increase in hate speech, contrary
to Mr Musk's claim

> “The truth will set you free” John 8:32, John 17.

Stop proselytising in a political newsgroup Petz dear.
Nobody cares for that.

> Can't have Elon Musk buying a company to just tell truth?

Whose "truth"? Your alt-right extremist ilk's alternate version of it?
Twitter was never about truth, and from the capitalist point of view it
was a company selling display space and personal data of its users to
advertisers. That is the business model of that company.

Now your favourite Space Karen has decided that he needs to polish a
little his own ego and improve his good standing with the US far-right
so he allowed all those dangerous crazies spewing misinfo and hatred
back to Twitter, while removing anyone critical of that move from the
platform. So much for adhering to truth and unbiased principles.

No wonder you are so enamored by Elon's actions.

/NOTE:
All of Petz's completely idiotic and mostly plagiarised alt-right loon
and/or Xtian fundy propaganda sigs are consigned to cyber nirvana w/o
reading/

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Warning! Elon at work ... misinformation is spiking