Hand me a pair of leather pants and a CASIO keyboard -- I'm living for today!

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

SubjectAuthor
* Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
+* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
|`* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
| +* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeDavid North
| |`- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
| +- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
| `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeRichard Dixon
|  `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeRH
|   `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeRichard Dixon
|    `- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
+* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemike
|`* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
| +- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeDavid North
| `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeJohn Hall
|  `- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
+* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
|`* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargeJohn Hall
| `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
|  +- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemike
|  +- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
|  `- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargewlsut...@gmail.com
`* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
 `* Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it
  `- Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker chargemax.it

1
Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<54clvgtbuvfgs1sqkritf70jj9sk06imu9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19320&group=uk.sport.cricket#19320

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 16:49:55 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 16:49 UTC

A reshuffle on the way?

Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
humiliation
England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
the sack
Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
West Indies

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-10465877/Cricket-Alec-Stewart-keen-caretaker-charge-Englands-Test-team-Silverwood-sacked.html

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<8rnlvg1ekj01loft77s7ocsi55t4cssa7j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19321&group=uk.sport.cricket#19321

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 19:49:34 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 19:49 UTC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 19:42:58 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 16:49:55 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>A reshuffle on the way?
>>
>>Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
>>humiliation
>>England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
>>the sack
>>Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
>>West Indies
>>
>>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-10465877/Cricket-Alec-Stewart-keen-caretaker-charge-Englands-Test-team-Silverwood-sacked.html
>
>Giles has been sacked and Strauss has taken the job on an interim
>basis.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

It isn't a fresh broom but it's one that is known to sweep nicely.
I thought Giles would have been the most secure from all of the
management staff.
Do you think that Silverwood's position is safe?

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<9kplvgpairaedubd26q04dgp6282n2m2c6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19322&group=uk.sport.cricket#19322

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 20:50:21 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 20:50 UTC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 20:10:15 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 19:49:34 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 19:42:58 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:

>>>Giles has been sacked and Strauss has taken the job on an interim
>>>basis.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>It isn't a fresh broom but it's one that is known to sweep nicely.
>>I thought Giles would have been the most secure from all of the
>>management staff.
>
>Giles was always my first candidate for the chop. There is no evidence
>that he has done anything at all during his time in office other than
>appoint Silverwood.
>
>Strauss's job now is to decide whether to sack Silverwood and Thorpe
>and go from there.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

I would back Strauss to be honest and fair and even ruthless if
necessary. I'd like "interim" to be more like see how it goes, rather
than until a new candidate is found.
Alec as coach? I don't know really. I'd share the Farbrace lament.
The assistant coach who done it for real but, the head coach who never
was but should have been.

For team Ireland, interim Ripley done rightly in WI.Try saying that
after 14 pints of stout. Why don't CI just give Ripley the job?
I know that there is horse trading involved and interim is perfect
for the personal situation of the coach/manager person sometmes. There
seems to the good a demand for 'interim' caretakers.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<fca3d989-34c3-47ba-bddf-00d203c87e9fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19323&group=uk.sport.cricket#19323

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 13:34:49 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 21:34 UTC

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 4:50:00 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> A reshuffle on the way?
>
> Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
> humiliation

strauss is the right man in a crisis

> England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
> the sack
> Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
> West Indies

stewart is so enthusiastic he might appoint himself captain, keeper and opener, even though
hes 58 ;)

but if it happens, it could be good news for foakes.

mike

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<r40mvg1n9gavtqv282hfq2oefnrl0brsul@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19325&group=uk.sport.cricket#19325

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 22:13:42 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 22:13 UTC

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 13:34:49 -0800 (PST), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 4:50:00 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>> A reshuffle on the way?
>>
>> Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
>> humiliation
>
>strauss is the right man in a crisis
>
>> England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
>> the sack
>> Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
>> West Indies
>>

>stewart is so enthusiastic he might appoint himself captain, keeper and opener, even though
>hes 58 ;)
>
>but if it happens, it could be good news for foakes.
>
>mike

I'm 58 or 57, well I know I'm not 59, or am I?
Is there an England F curse of keepers? Foakes Foster, ok I can't
think of anymore.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<j61cp6FaiebU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19328&group=uk.sport.cricket#19328

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 06:58:44 +0000
 by: David North - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 06:58 UTC

On 02/02/2022 20:50, max.it wrote:

> I would back Strauss to be honest and fair and even ruthless

That's an unfortunate choice of word.

--
David North

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<j61dneFao76U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19329&group=uk.sport.cricket#19329

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 07:14:51 +0000
 by: David North - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 07:14 UTC

On 02/02/2022 22:13, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 13:34:49 -0800 (PST), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 4:50:00 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>>> A reshuffle on the way?
>>>
>>> Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
>>> humiliation
>>
>> strauss is the right man in a crisis
>>
>>> England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
>>> the sack
>>> Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
>>> West Indies
>>>

>> stewart is so enthusiastic he might appoint himself captain, keeper and opener, even though
>> hes 58 ;)
>>
>> but if it happens, it could be good news for foakes.
>>
>> mike
>
> I'm 58 or 57, well I know I'm not 59, or am I?
> Is there an England F curse of keepers? Foakes Foster, ok I can't
> think of anymore.

Farbrace (if he wasn't implied already) - not that he played for England.
French
Farrimond
Fowler also kept in a couple of ODIs.

--
David North

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<THGdY1AKm5+hFwcW@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19330&group=uk.sport.cricket#19330

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 08:59:54 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 08:59 UTC

In message <r40mvg1n9gavtqv282hfq2oefnrl0brsul@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes
>Is there an England F curse of keepers? Foakes Foster, ok I can't think
>of anymore.

It's not the F curse but the B blessing: Buttler, Bairstow, Billings,
Bracey (and even Banton). Foakes is only allowed to play a Test when
there's no B available.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<cajnvg97reou3icaaqo0817r0mplhttv4s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19331&group=uk.sport.cricket#19331

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 12:45:04 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 12:45 UTC

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 06:58:44 +0000, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 02/02/2022 20:50, max.it wrote:
>
>> I would back Strauss to be honest and fair and even ruthless
>
>That's an unfortunate choice of word.

Indeed, I didn't spot that.
I was at a funeral in December and the minister was preaching on about
happy memories. The man died with dementia and the service was 20
minutes of cringe.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<fv6ovg123eijsbfnj692ucs4gts9rao19h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19333&group=uk.sport.cricket#19333

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 18:44:49 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 18:44 UTC

On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 14:55:48 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 21:18:15 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:

>>>I would back Strauss to be honest and fair and even ruthless if
>>>necessary. I'd like "interim" to be more like see how it goes, rather
>>>than until a new candidate is found....interim is perfect
>>>for the personal situation of the coach/manager person sometmes.
>>
>>I think the ECB would be only too happy to give him the job forever,
>>for the reasons you mention, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to
>>learn that Strauss has other plans for the rest of his life.
>
>There's a rather good article about the situation by Chris Stocks in
>the i today:
>https://inews.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-cricket-tom-harrison-test-failings-follow-ashley-giles-sacking-1439699
>
>Reading what he had to say about Giles, I was reminded of him as a
>Test-level SLA - well-meaning, and you couldn't but admire the effort,
>but not really very good.
>
>But it wasn't really his fault - he was left in an effectively
>impossible position by the incompetence of Harrison as ECB CEO.
>
>He's abysmal and has to leave asap. Strauss can come up with a
>sensible structure for managing the playing end of things and get the
>right people appointed to it, and the rest of the board need to find a
>CEO who isn't going to squeeze the life out of the product in search
>of ever more cash.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Two elements you need to get anything done are a target and a plan.
Strauss should be able to sort that out.
England had a covid isolation problem and a rotation policy that
should have been scrapped early on. If your plan is shite the target
gets further away.

CEO are appointed for the wrong reasons. The new NCU one is a hockey
coach. He comes from a background in sports construction and I noticed
he was wearing a Clive Richardson logo on his shirt. CRC look after
all the major cricket grounds here and most of the other sporting
grounds too.They do a lot of overseas work as well.............
We'll just have to see how it goes.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl5kd1juihkf10o6s92@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19334&group=uk.sport.cricket#19334

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 20:30:38 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:30 UTC

wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 16:49:55 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>A reshuffle on the way?
>>
>>Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
>>humiliation
>>England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
>>the sack
>>Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
>>West Indies
>>
>>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-10465877/Cricket-Alec-Stewart-keen-caretaker-charge-Englands-Test-team-Silverwood-sacked.html
>
>Giles has been sacked and Strauss has taken the job on an interim
>basis.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Sliverwood gone now too.
I wonder who it will be next. Farbrace?

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<oJKMTxCPCE$hFwDS@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19335&group=uk.sport.cricket#19335

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52:31 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52 UTC

In message <7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl5kd1juihkf10o6s92@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>Sliverwood gone now too.
>I wonder who it will be next. Farbrace?

According to the Beeb:

Silverwood, a former fast bowler who played six Tests for England, said:
"It's been an absolute honour to be England head coach and I'm extremely
proud to have worked alongside our players and staff.

"I leave with fond memories and I am now looking forward to spending
some quality time at home with my family and embracing the next
chapter."

Taking the positives from a defeat right up to the very end, I see.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<r7hovghofptn9ane5j0los6o6t2vm19g24@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19336&group=uk.sport.cricket#19336

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 21:15:28 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:15 UTC

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52:31 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl5kd1juihkf10o6s92@4ax.com>, max. it
><max@tea.time> writes
>>
>>Sliverwood gone now too.
>>I wonder who it will be next. Farbrace?
>
>According to the Beeb:
>
>Silverwood, a former fast bowler who played six Tests for England, said:
>"It's been an absolute honour to be England head coach and I'm extremely
>proud to have worked alongside our players and staff.
>
>"I leave with fond memories and I am now looking forward to spending
>some quality time at home with my family and embracing the next
>chapter."
>
>Taking the positives from a defeat right up to the very end, I see.

That could just be the heavy pockets of restitution at work.
Is anyone else in the frame for the job?

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<de5b08b1-7e6c-43b3-9b21-74398205ad0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19337&group=uk.sport.cricket#19337

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 13:37:10 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 21:37 UTC

On Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 9:15:35 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52:31 +0000, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >In message <7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl...@4ax.com>, max. it
> ><m...@tea.time> writes
> >>
> >>Sliverwood gone now too.
> >>I wonder who it will be next. Farbrace?

Most people in the CC setup seem to have it in for harrison but how
can they get ECB to replace him?

> >According to the Beeb:
> >
> >Silverwood, a former fast bowler who played six Tests for England, said:
> >and embracing the next
> >chapter."

is he already writing his autobiography or touting for a book deal?

mike

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<sbnovg9fd9bkik96s52v3vfq0btj8pm38j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19340&group=uk.sport.cricket#19340

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 23:23:05 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:23 UTC

On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 22:33:31 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 21:15:28 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52:31 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message <7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl5kd1juihkf10o6s92@4ax.com>, max. it
>>><max@tea.time> writes

>>>According to the Beeb:
>>>
>>>Silverwood, a former fast bowler who played six Tests for England, said:
>>>"It's been an absolute honour to be England head coach and I'm extremely
>>>proud to have worked alongside our players and staff.
>>>
>>>"I leave with fond memories and I am now looking forward to spending
>>>some quality time at home with my family and embracing the next
>>>chapter."
>>>
>>>Taking the positives from a defeat right up to the very end, I see.
>>
>>That could just be the heavy pockets of restitution at work.
>>Is anyone else in the frame for the job?
>
>They need someone from outside. Gary Kirsten is known to be
>interested.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

I'd heard his name mentioned. He knows the ropes, plenty of
experience, probably on the same page as Strauss.
With Phil Simmons currently unavailable Kirsten could be the perfect
choice ;-)

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<7970cbb6-1b25-4293-92a9-e21d6b11832fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19341&group=uk.sport.cricket#19341

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 15:35:57 -0800 (PST)
From: wlsutto...@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:35 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 9:33:47 AM UTC+11, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2022 21:15:28 +0000, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:52:31 +0000, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>In message <7oeovgpr9of2mbkkl...@4ax.com>, max. it
> >><m...@tea.time> writes

> >>According to the Beeb:
> >>
> >>Silverwood, a former fast bowler who played six Tests for England, said:
> >>"It's been an absolute honour to be England head coach and I'm extremely
> >>proud to have worked alongside our players and staff.
> >>
> >>"I leave with fond memories and I am now looking forward to spending
> >>some quality time at home with my family and embracing the next
> >>chapter."
> >>
> >>Taking the positives from a defeat right up to the very end, I see.
> >
> >That could just be the heavy pockets of restitution at work.
> >Is anyone else in the frame for the job?
> They need someone from outside. Gary Kirsten is known to be
> interested.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

looks like Langer will be available soon

and what better to have with the Ashes in England........

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<6vqovgpled7690pha2meeumqqcib4cqko9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19343&group=uk.sport.cricket#19343

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 00:29:18 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 00:29 UTC

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 08:59:54 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <r40mvg1n9gavtqv282hfq2oefnrl0brsul@4ax.com>, max. it
><max@tea.time> writes
>>Is there an England F curse of keepers? Foakes Foster, ok I can't think
>>of anymore.
>
>It's not the F curse but the B blessing: Buttler, Bairstow, Billings,
>Bracey (and even Banton). Foakes is only allowed to play a Test when
>there's no B available.

I'm actually having a kind of F curse at the moment. Gallbladder
disease. The diet is no Fat low Fat, nothing Fatty, no Fukn eggs. I
think you can tease yourself with an egg or two a week or a burger
with no Fukn cheese if you're really brave, I'm too terrified.
It's more like a no Fukn Food diet.
I'm taking it seriously because the gallstone episodes are really bad.
I don't eat pork anyway or any kind of farmed pig meat (I use lard in
pastry), I don't eat processed meats, like pressed meats,hams, spams
and that stuff. I used to like fish and I have a regular supply of
trout and mackerel, but I had a "biliary colic" attack shortly after
eating some lovely mackerel fillets recently. It's a taste trauma
connection,it wasn't the fish but no more fish for me for now.

On the + side I like baked potatoes and steamed chicken and beans and
I have had porridge and honey every morning since the olden days of
school. I like to make my own custard but it looks like I'll have to
settle for Alfred Bird's imitation.

There was a saying, eat like a king in the morning, a merchant at mid
day and a pauper in the evening. Wise words if your gallbladder is
messing around.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<2e4acbf1-52a1-457f-95a2-81f7f3871dacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19344&group=uk.sport.cricket#19344

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 03:57:18 -0800 (PST)
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 11:57 UTC

On Thursday, 3 February 2022 at 14:56:03 UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:

> But it wasn't really his fault - he was left in an effectively
> impossible position by the incompetence of Harrison as ECB CEO.

Is it me or are Downing St and ECB rather paralleling (if that's a verb) one other at the moment with plenty of senior folks losing their heads but the main man really should be the one to get the chop?

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<87b0de6b-2dff-4787-90ba-a7a69e97c4d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19345&group=uk.sport.cricket#19345

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 06:08:17 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 14:08 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 2:04:16 PM UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 03:57:18 -0800 (PST), Richard Dixon
> <richsdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, 3 February 2022 at 14:56:03 UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> >
> >> But it wasn't really his fault - he was left in an effectively
> >> impossible position by the incompetence of Harrison as ECB CEO.
> >
> >Is it me or are Downing St and ECB rather paralleling (if that's a verb) one other at the moment with plenty of senior folks losing their heads but the main man really should be the one to get the chop?
> Not just you. A US-based Sri Lankan has been pointing it out on a
> private politico-social-sports discussion group I frequent, where
> we're hugely enjoying both soap operas.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

master Unwholesome betrays England ... RH

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<013f057c-7704-490e-b19f-1876b6aa6138n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19346&group=uk.sport.cricket#19346

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 07:31:26 -0800 (PST)
References: <54clvgtbuvfgs1sqkritf70jj9sk06imu9@4ax.com> <tjnlvglddtn8debhmci1pv4qsh29hjbgpu@4ax.com> <8rnlvg1ekj01loft77s7ocsi55t4cssa7j@4ax.com> <f5plvghk2hnk3m0tib6m3nih1dln473ncc@4ax.com> <9kplvgpairaedubd26q04dgp6282n2m2c6@4ax.com> <mrslvg15eknp5kkivdiknl7793dil4or3t@4ax.com> <6hqnvgdkle8oku15q196684c9vjmkpfjns@4ax.com> <2e4acbf1-52a1-457f-95a2-81f7f3871dacn@googlegroups.com> <7dcqvgl857oai2mgk7kqummiahe18ju8rp@4ax.com> <87b0de6b-2dff-4787-90ba-a7a69e97c4d8n@googlegroups.com>
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 15:31 UTC

On Friday, 4 February 2022 at 14:08:18 UTC, RH wrote:

> master Unwholesome betrays England ... RH

"But Nurse, Boris hasn't put a foot wrong..."

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<9vpqvg1011s7rpvf2fl0cq7o79p65ns2p7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19348&group=uk.sport.cricket#19348

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 18:10:04 +0000
References: <f5plvghk2hnk3m0tib6m3nih1dln473ncc@4ax.com> <9kplvgpairaedubd26q04dgp6282n2m2c6@4ax.com> <mrslvg15eknp5kkivdiknl7793dil4or3t@4ax.com> <6hqnvgdkle8oku15q196684c9vjmkpfjns@4ax.com> <2e4acbf1-52a1-457f-95a2-81f7f3871dacn@googlegroups.com> <7dcqvgl857oai2mgk7kqummiahe18ju8rp@4ax.com> <87b0de6b-2dff-4787-90ba-a7a69e97c4d8n@googlegroups.com> <013f057c-7704-490e-b19f-1876b6aa6138n@googlegroups.com> <5jpqvgdurpvd6ics0sd16remfdhlu9vt19@4ax.com>
 by: max.it - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:10 UTC

On Fri, 04 Feb 2022 17:51:36 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 07:31:26 -0800 (PST), Richard Dixon
><richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, 4 February 2022 at 14:08:18 UTC, RH wrote:
>>
>>> master Unwholesome betrays England ... RH
>>
>>"But Nurse, Boris hasn't put a foot wrong..."
>
>Indeed. I'm not surprised that a sociopathic illiberal bigot who lies
>all the time thinks that having an incompetent, sociopathic unfunny
>comedian who lies all the time as prime minister and an incompetent
>whose main contribution has been the 100 running English cricket is a
>marvellous state of affairs, but I see it as a patriotic duty to get
>rid of such.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

You have only one muppet to worry about and the possibility of a
muppet from the other side of the spectrum at some stage.
We have a 5 muppet mandatory coalition all with various degrees of
muppetry available at any time. Unfortunately there is not the making
of a statesman between them.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<5jl20hl4ku43kefi76r170mo164birq02s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19383&group=uk.sport.cricket#19383

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 17:32:47 +0000
 by: max.it - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 17:32 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 14:55:13 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 16:49:55 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>A reshuffle on the way?
>>
>>Strauss set to recommend on how England can recover from Ashes
>>humiliation
>>England coach Chris Silverwood and his assistant Graham Thorpe face
>>the sack
>>Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge of the Test team in the
>>West Indies
>
>Collingwood has been given the job of dealing with the WI tour. I
>notice that the ECB are saying they are willing to break the bank to
>get the right person, so I suspect Stewart is well out of the running
>because they could get him for about £200/week plus a knighthood.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Collingwood is sort of the man in posession anyway. Which makes me
think will it be more of the same?
Throwing money at the coaching problem is probably not a smart
approach. Maybe they mean to buy out an existing coach from his
contract.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<3gp20hhe294grp9kcko9aqij4e4bdiot5v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19387&group=uk.sport.cricket#19387

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 18:37:40 +0000
 by: max.it - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 18:37 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 18:08:26 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 17:32:47 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 14:55:13 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:

>>>Collingwood has been given the job of dealing with the WI tour. I
>>>notice that the ECB are saying they are willing to break the bank to
>>>get the right person, so I suspect Stewart is well out of the running
>>>because they could get him for about £200/week plus a knighthood.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>Collingwood is sort of the man in posession anyway. Which makes me
>>think will it be more of the same?
>
>It's clearly a holding pattern. Colly doesn't need any briefing to get
>up to speed with the current players, and his job is simply to get
>them thrugh the tur without too many embarrassments.
>
>>Throwing money at the coaching problem is probably not a smart
>>approach. Maybe they mean to buy out an existing coach from his
>>contract.
>
>Since CA were paying Langer £900k, the ECB would probably have to
>offer him £1m, which is way above what they currently pay Silverwood.
>I'm not sure it's desperately clever as a negotiating position to
>advertise that candidates can add at least £200k to what they were
>thinking of asking for, but then you wouldn't expect this ECB to be
>all that clever.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Yup, that's what I thought. The talk of Kirsten has gone quiet.

max.it

Re: Alec Stewart is keen to take caretaker charge

<sf330ht823hcu85jq1jiddjr3br770u00d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19389&group=uk.sport.cricket#19389

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 21:28:59 +0000
 by: max.it - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 21:28 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 18:37:40 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 18:08:26 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 17:32:47 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>>>Collingwood is sort of the man in posession anyway. Which makes me
>>>think will it be more of the same?
>>
>>It's clearly a holding pattern. Colly doesn't need any briefing to get
>>up to speed with the current players, and his job is simply to get
>>them thrugh the tur without too many embarrassments.
>>
>>>Throwing money at the coaching problem is probably not a smart
>>>approach. Maybe they mean to buy out an existing coach from his
>>>contract.
>>
>>Since CA were paying Langer £900k, the ECB would probably have to
>>offer him £1m, which is way above what they currently pay Silverwood.
>>I'm not sure it's desperately clever as a negotiating position to
>>advertise that candidates can add at least £200k to what they were
>>thinking of asking for, but then you wouldn't expect this ECB to be
>>all that clever.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Mike
>
>Yup, that's what I thought. The talk of Kirsten has gone quiet.
>
>max.it

In fact the bitchery coming from Australian twitterers, influencers,
other assholes and even players and the mainstream media about Langer
has become a bit ott.

Is this just modern news reporting or have I missed something?

max.it