Yow! It's a hole all the way to downtown Burbank!

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

SubjectAuthor
* Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
`* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
 `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
  `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'johnson
   +- Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   +* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   |`* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'johnson
   | `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   |  `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'Toby Briggs
   |   +- Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'max.it
   |   `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   |    `* Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'Toby Briggs
   |     +- Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   |     `- Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'RH
   `- Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'max.it

1
Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<46ced9fb-f7b8-4cc6-b27a-e6de84a9cd86n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19519&group=uk.sport.cricket#19519

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 04:42:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 12:42 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/02/18/yorkshires-civil-war-revealed-lord-patel-accused-reducing-cricket/
Yorkshire's civil war revealed: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'
Exclusive: Inside the bitter feud that could wreck Headingley’s chances of regaining its Test status and risk the club’s financial future

ByTom Morgan, SPORTS NEWS CORRESPONDENT
18 February 2022 • 6:13pm
Yorkshire cricket’s rebuild is descending into civil war as chairman Lord Patel faces claims his deal to get international cricket back has reduced the club to an "ECB franchise".

Ahead of a crunch members' vote on which Headingley's Test status depends, predecessors have accused Patel of acting without a mandate since he was parachuted in last autumn.

A feud has escalated since Patel accused Robin Smith, who stood down as chairman in 2020, of being part of a rebel group seeking to delay and derail his vision for reform.

Now Smith has returned fire, saying Patel's promises to the England and Wales Cricket Board will leave the club vulnerable to "commercial and political manipulation".

In two new letters seen by Telegraph Sport, Smith writes to Patel that a "four to one ratio of outsiders to members as non-executives on the club's board would so change the character of the club as to render it unrecognisable as a Yorkshire institution".

"A more appropriate name at that point would be 'ECB Subsidiary Number 1', because I suspect that the same threats will be issued as circumstances permit to the other seventeen counties," he added. "First class cricket would have become an ECB franchise. If that is what the ECB and you want, transparency requires that you say so now."

Smith's blistering criticism of Patel's planned governance changes comes weeks before the first major vote involving members since the crisis erupted.

The ECB has previously demanded the removal of vetoing "powers" for the Graves Trust, which is controlled by the family of another former chairman Colin Graves. Patel's plan to resolve the issue is to ask members to vote at an extraordinary general meeting for up to eight non-members to join Yorkshire’s board as independent non-executive directors.

However, Smith, whose comments are said to be supported by "countless" other former members of staff, intensifies his attack on Patel in his letter by saying the sackings of 16 staff will leave the club in a perilous financial state.

"The end result of your ill-considered, indeed reckless, actions is a series of claims against the club (which seem to me to be certain to succeed) which will cost the rumoured total sum of over £3million," Smith writes. "In a business the size of Yorkshire CCC, this is a huge sum threatening its future viability."

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/02/18/yorkshires-civil-war-revealed-lord-patel-accused-reducing-cricket/

RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<a650a0e6-d6cb-4472-90b3-0e54aee858f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19530&group=uk.sport.cricket#19530

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 00:37:53 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 08:37 UTC

On Sunday, February 20, 2022 at 12:42:32 PM UTC, RH wrote:
> [...]
>
> However, Smith, whose comments are said to be supported by "countless" other former members of staff, intensifies his attack on Patel in his letter by saying the sackings of 16 staff will leave the club in a perilous financial state.
>
> "The end result of your ill-considered, indeed reckless, actions is a series of claims against the club (which seem to me to be certain to succeed) which will cost the rumoured total sum of over £3million," Smith writes. "In a business the size of Yorkshire CCC, this is a huge sum threatening its future viability."

Oh where have all the liberal bigots gone
Very hypocritical every one
When will they ever learn
Long time double standarding ....

15 readers and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK

RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<09c26007-493a-4796-8c93-7ffc2cf05ea8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19543&group=uk.sport.cricket#19543

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 01:00:40 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:00 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 8:37:55 AM UTC, RH wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > However, Smith, whose comments are said to be supported by "countless" other former members of staff, intensifies his attack on Patel in his letter by saying the sackings of 16 staff will leave the club in a perilous financial state.
> >
> > "The end result of your ill-considered, indeed reckless, actions is a series of claims against the club (which seem to me to be certain to succeed) which will cost the rumoured total sum of over £3million," Smith writes. "In a business the size of Yorkshire CCC, this is a huge sum threatening its future viability."
> >
> > Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/02/18/yorkshires-civil-war-revealed-lord-patel-accused-reducing-cricket/
> >
> > RH
> Oh where have all the liberal bigots gone

UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<HS1RJ.887942$Xi4f.378520@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19544&group=uk.sport.cricket#19544

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
From: roo...@example.net (johnson)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:17:27 GMT
 by: johnson - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:17 UTC

On 2022-02-22, RH <anywhere156@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> >
>> > "The end result of your ill-considered, indeed reckless, actions is a series of claims against the club (which seem to me to be certain to succeed) which will cost the rumoured total sum of over £3million," Smith writes. "In a business the size of Yorkshire CCC, this is a huge sum threatening its future viability."
>> >
>> > Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/02/18/yorkshires-civil-war-revealed-lord-patel-accused-reducing-cricket/
>> >
>> > RH
>> Oh where have all the liberal bigots gone
>> Very hypocritical every one
>> When will they ever learn
>> Long time double standarding ....
>>

>> 15 readers and
>>
>> RH
>
> UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH

That is not how Usenet works

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<468b6851-0a7b-4ff2-9d77-1583e85730bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19546&group=uk.sport.cricket#19546

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 02:53:09 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:53 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:27:05 AM UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:17:27 GMT, johnson <ro...@example.net> wrote:
>
> >On 2022-02-22, RH <anywh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH
> >
> >That is not how Usenet works
> Since nobody with a brain reads the illiberal bigot's posts, it's not
> surprising no-one has replied to him. Especially since he appears to
> think people would want to condemn the constructive efforts being made
> by the ECB and Lord Patel rather than the destructive crap emanating
> from the people who steered the club on to the rocks in the first
> place.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

master Unwholesome replies frequently to my posts so we must conclude he has no brain.,.. RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<fc51a4c8-f803-454b-831d-563d155a9d5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19547&group=uk.sport.cricket#19547

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 02:56:57 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:56 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:17:28 AM UTC, johnson wrote:
> On 2022-02-22, RH <anywh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Oh where have all the liberal bigots gone
> >> Very hypocritical every one
> >> When will they ever learn
> >> Long time double standarding ....
> >>

> >> 15 readers and
> >>
> >> RH
> >
> > UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH
> That is not how Usenet works

Now let me see, objectively Usenet relies on people making initial post and people following up...

Dot tell us how you think Usenet works ... RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<e45RJ.206303$CVjd.138451@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19548&group=uk.sport.cricket#19548

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
From: roo...@example.net (johnson)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:56:42 GMT
 by: johnson - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 12:56 UTC

On 2022-02-22, RH <anywhere156@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:17:28 AM UTC, johnson wrote:

>> > UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH
>> That is not how Usenet works
>
> Now let me see, objectively Usenet relies on people making initial post and people following up...
>
> Dot tell us how you think Usenet works ... RH

reading an article is not reported to any central authority
(there is none), so nobody knows how many times a particular
article has been read.

'Google groups' is a special case where 'views' are counted
from those using that method plus an unknown number of bots
and scrapers.

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<732f846c-5472-4458-862e-cf6f41c081d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19550&group=uk.sport.cricket#19550

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 06:55:31 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:55 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 12:56:45 PM UTC, johnson wrote:
> On 2022-02-22, RH <anywh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That is not how Usenet works
> >
> > Now let me see, objectively Usenet relies on people making initial post and people following up...
> >
> > Dot tell us how you think Usenet works ... RH
> reading an article is not reported to any central authority
> (there is none), so nobody knows how many times a particular
> article has been read.
>
> 'Google groups' is a special case where 'views' are counted
> from those using that method plus an unknown number of bots
> and scrapers.

Usenet gives views and posts. RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<097d157a-3c2d-426f-8a3f-d3fb71da84e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19551&group=uk.sport.cricket#19551

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:29:58 -0800 (PST)
From: toby.bri...@gmail.com (Toby Briggs)
 by: Toby Briggs - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 16:29 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 14:55:32 UTC, RH wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 12:56:45 PM UTC, johnson wrote:

> > > Now let me see, objectively Usenet relies on people making initial post and people following up...
> > >
> > > Dot tell us how you think Usenet works ... RH
> > reading an article is not reported to any central authority
> > (there is none), so nobody knows how many times a particular
> > article has been read.
> >
> > 'Google groups' is a special case where 'views' are counted
> > from those using that method plus an unknown number of bots
> > and scrapers.
> Usenet gives views and posts. RH

Won’t lie - I just kept refreshing the page to up the views to wind you up ;-)

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<mcda1hd1n6r1nfsg1c0nbphot9asrbj02f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19552&group=uk.sport.cricket#19552

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:16:31 +0000
References: <46ced9fb-f7b8-4cc6-b27a-e6de84a9cd86n@googlegroups.com> <a650a0e6-d6cb-4472-90b3-0e54aee858f1n@googlegroups.com> <09c26007-493a-4796-8c93-7ffc2cf05ea8n@googlegroups.com> <HS1RJ.887942$Xi4f.378520@usenetxs.com> <fc51a4c8-f803-454b-831d-563d155a9d5en@googlegroups.com> <e45RJ.206303$CVjd.138451@usenetxs.com> <732f846c-5472-4458-862e-cf6f41c081d6n@googlegroups.com> <097d157a-3c2d-426f-8a3f-d3fb71da84e8n@googlegroups.com> <mo4a1hlf0cr7h1mrshcaaa8rhiib3emb46@4ax.com>
 by: max.it - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:16 UTC

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 16:53:42 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 08:29:58 -0800 (PST), Toby Briggs
><toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 14:55:32 UTC, RH wrote:
>
>>> Usenet gives views and posts. RH
>>
>>Won’t lie - I just kept refreshing the page to up the views to wind you up ;-)
>
>But that's still only a count of views via Google Groups. It doesn't
>count the views/downloads from all the other Usenet nodes such as
>news.individual.net. It is literally impossible to determine how many
>people have read a Usenet post; there is no conceivable method by
>which the figures could be compiled, because that's inherent in the
>design of the transfer protocol NNTP. The illiberal bigot's fantasy
>about how Usenet works is as in touch with reality as his opinions on
>cricket - not at all.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Not all news server accounts have read / write permissions. Some poor
victims out there think they might be about to read a discussion about
a cricket article.

max.it

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<l8ja1htbudla00kes8n0aflek3so062bat@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19554&group=uk.sport.cricket#19554

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:01:05 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 21:01 UTC

On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:26:40 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:17:27 GMT, johnson <root@example.net> wrote:
>
>>On 2022-02-22, RH <anywhere156@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> UP to 83 views and nary a condemnation of what is happening in the ECB and Yorkshire ..YUK RH
>>
>>That is not how Usenet works
>
>Since nobody with a brain reads the illiberal bigot's posts, it's not
>surprising no-one has replied to him. Especially since he appears to
>think people would want to condemn the constructive efforts being made
>by the ECB and Lord Patel rather than the destructive crap emanating
>from the people who steered the club on to the rocks in the first
>place.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

I would think that every club is a franchise of it's own membership
and the affiliation to a governing body is secondary.
Fulfilling the terms of affiliation doesn't make the club a franchise
of the governing body. It simply allows it to operate within a
structured system as defined by the governing body.

If the headline was to be true in a business setting. I would be a
franchise of the environment agency NI.

max.it

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<451f3774-ce4a-4667-8ca6-1b20e8ca9dc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19564&group=uk.sport.cricket#19564

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:52:37 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 08:52 UTC

On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:30:00 PM UTC, Toby Briggs wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 14:55:32 UTC, RH wrote:

> > > reading an article is not reported to any central authority
> > > (there is none), so nobody knows how many times a particular
> > > article has been read.
> > >
> > > 'Google groups' is a special case where 'views' are counted
> > > from those using that method plus an unknown number of bots
> > > and scrapers.
> > Usenet gives views and posts. RH
> Won’t lie - I just kept refreshing the page to up the views to wind you up ;-)

There are 121 views at present. How many of them are you claiming? RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<8c95d92e-9b30-4404-8af8-dfcd5e10887cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19566&group=uk.sport.cricket#19566

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 04:02:59 -0800 (PST)
From: toby.bri...@gmail.com (Toby Briggs)
 by: Toby Briggs - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:02 UTC

On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 08:52:38 UTC, RH wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:30:00 PM UTC, Toby Briggs wrote:

> > > Usenet gives views and posts. RH
> > Won’t lie - I just kept refreshing the page to up the views to wind you up ;-)

> There are 121 views at present. How many of them are you claiming? RH

Probably about 80 of them at the time yesterday. Don’t get so uptight when people don’t reply to your posts

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<f0d78edc-bc3e-4150-bb0c-30e6c591805an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19567&group=uk.sport.cricket#19567

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 04:53:18 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:53 UTC

On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 12:03:01 PM UTC, Toby Briggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 08:52:38 UTC, RH wrote:

> > > Won’t lie - I just kept refreshing the page to up the views to wind you up ;-)
>
> > There are 121 views at present. How many of them are you claiming? RH
> Probably about 80 of them at the time yesterday. Don’t get so uptight when people don’t reply to your posts

I don't for the very good reason that liberal bigots generally don't reply to posts which they should reply to based on their supposed political views.Their silence speaks volumes .. RH

Re: Lord Patel accused of reducing cricket club to an 'ECB franchise'

<bcf54fbf-6876-4ae3-896a-96e7b486db56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19570&group=uk.sport.cricket#19570

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:01:21 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 17:01 UTC

On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 2:25:02 PM UTC, Mike Holmans wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 04:02:59 -0800 (PST), Toby Briggs
> <toby....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 at 08:52:38 UTC, RH wrote:
>
> >> There are 121 views at present. How many of them are you claiming? RH
> >
> >Probably about 80 of them at the time yesterday. Don’t get so uptight when people don’t reply to your posts
> Priceless. The Man Who Knows Nothing About Anything thinks that 100+
> bots "reading" his posts are actual people (I'll accept that a few
> people using Google Groups have actually read whatever rubbish he's
> spewed, being generous).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

master Unwholesome makes a fool of himself yet again.... RH