From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Afternoon Tea
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:13:02 +0100
 by: Jim S - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:13 UTC

My wife likes Afternoon Tea
As usual we could not finish it all so asked for a box to take the remains
home. Normally that is a 'given' and normal.
For your information
We were told, politely, that we would have to sign a disclaimer for taking
food from the premises and that shortly it would not be allowed!
--
Jim S

Re: Afternoon Tea

<si57pq$ocj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1966&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1966

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Afternoon Tea
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:31:37 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:31 UTC

On 18/09/2021 16:13, Jim S wrote:
> My wife likes Afternoon Tea
> As usual we could not finish it all so asked for a box to take the remains
> home. Normally that is a 'given' and normal.
> For your information
> We were told, politely, that we would have to sign a disclaimer for taking
> food from the premises and that shortly it would not be allowed!

Next time, take a box with you and don't ask permission to take the
remains away.

Jim

Re: Afternoon Tea

<sia8ie$dqc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1980&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1980

From: who...@me.nul (Who, me?)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:15:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Who, me? - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:15 UTC

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:13:02 +0100, Jim S wrote:

> My wife likes Afternoon Tea As usual we could not finish it all so asked
> for a box to take the remains home. Normally that is a 'given' and
> normal.
> For your information We were told, politely, that we would have to sign
> a disclaimer for taking food from the premises and that shortly it would
> not be allowed!
Wow!

We had afternoon tea in the New Forest a couple of Weeks ago - they
actually asked if we wanted the box before we had finished - 'just in
case'.

Not a treat we would normally have but it was a Christmas gift from a
couple of Christmases back.

--
david

Re: Afternoon Tea

<1knkvn169dfao$.gz2meu46sgd3$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1982&group=uk.people.silversurfers#1982

From: jim...@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim S)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 17:12:05 +0100
 by: Jim S - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:12 UTC

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:15:26 -0000 (UTC), Who, me? wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:13:02 +0100, Jim S wrote:
>
>> My wife likes Afternoon Tea As usual we could not finish it all so asked
>> for a box to take the remains home. Normally that is a 'given' and
>> normal.
>> For your information We were told, politely, that we would have to sign
>> a disclaimer for taking food from the premises and that shortly it would
>> not be allowed!
> Wow!
>
> We had afternoon tea in the New Forest a couple of Weeks ago - they
> actually asked if we wanted the box before we had finished - 'just in
> case'.
>
> Not a treat we would normally have but it was a Christmas gift from a
> couple of Christmases back.

I think it's a sort of tradition/ritual that for an exhorbitant price you
are presented with more food than you can eat and then expected to take the
reat home in a box - without having to sign for it and be presented with
your creamcake wrapped in foil!
--
Jim S