19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be consistent with Usenet standards.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)

SubjectAuthor
* Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Mike Ruddock
+* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Mike McMillan
|`* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)J. P. Gilliver
| +- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Iain Archer
| `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Jenny M Benson
|  `- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Nick Odell
+* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)J. P. Gilliver
|`* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Sam Plusnet
| `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Mike McMillan
|  `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Sam Plusnet
|   `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Rosie Mitchell
|    +- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Sam Plusnet
|    `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)krw
|     `- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Chris
+* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Joe Kerr
|`* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)J. P. Gilliver
| `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Joe Kerr
|  +* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Mike McMillan
|  |`* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Vicky
|  | +- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Iain Archer
|  | `- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)J. P. Gilliver
|  `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Nick Odell
|   +- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Joe Kerr
|   `- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Chris
`* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Rosie Mitchell
 `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Kate B
  `* Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)Chris
   `- Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)J. P. Gilliver

Pages:12
Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)

<pM1I6UErHzhlFwyK@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19637&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19637

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 19:15:55 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 19:15 UTC

In message <um4e1l$1ksjs$1@dont-email.me> at Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:38:13,
Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes
[]
>McT is becoming a very unhappy bunny with Auntie all round
>
>Mrs McT

"Big Auntie is watching you"?

"Bother," said the Borg, "we assimilated a Pooh."

Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)

<um9ev2$2jj5m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19663&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19663

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:24:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ttiW9Sle1vcHjJ/g0C+ZhIMhBWo=
 by: Chris - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:24 UTC

Nick Odell <nickodell49@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:38:17 +0000, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21/12/2023 16:17, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> In message <um1m8b$14f6j$1@dont-email.me> at Thu, 21 Dec 2023 15:39:54,
>>> Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> writes
>>> []
>>> []
>>> []
>>>>
>>> I think very well-known pieces - especially pop - will come; I think if
>>> you asked for "Walking back to happiness", for example, you'd get it,
>>> possibly even by the right performer. (Say "sing <song title>".) [I
>>> don't have one so can't check.]
>>
>> I got a good talking to about signing up for a Prime or Music Unlimited
>> subscription if I wanted to request specific tracks. I'm sure she was
>> wagging her finger at me. When I asked for a genre (smooth jazz to be
>> specific - I didn't want to upset the neighbours) I got a
>> recommendation to sign up for a Prime or Music Unlimited subscription
>> and a threat to play ads; a threat she carried out.
>
> Would it be too confusing for her if you requested: "Alexa, play me
> lots of advertisements."
>
> Nick

Don’t give her any more ideas Nick! It’s bad enough when she jumps up
breaking into a conversation with my friend in China and she’s trying to
answer him, not a word I said!

Mrs McT

Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)

<um9ev3$2jj5m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19664&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19664

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:24:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:4UtX7e9byzohUDkmjpRo4+vLCoQ=

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 22.12.23 00:23, Rosie Mitchell wrote:
>> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> writes:

>>> They have ended the perpetual job of painting the Forth Bridge, but
>>> now have to de-padlock pedestrian bridges on a frequent basis, to
>>> prevent the build-up of excessive weight.
>>
>> I believe the old Forth Bridge metaphor has been replaced, here in
>> Scotland at least, by starting the laying of the next release of
>> fibre-optic cabling as soon as the trench from the previous lot has been
>> filled in.
>>
>> Rosie
>
> We have had an outbreak of that around here. Does any use ZZoomm (or
> whatever they are called)?

Yes, I use Zoom for preference, but have to use Teams to be involved with
the local soc for the VI. To be fair, one can go via the phone but quality
is *naff*, and the ladies (for it is ladies we know) struggle to be heard.
I think zoom favours itself over the phone. McT joins me on these. A
weekly quiz and when we can get one if the staff who believes in this idea
as a weekly, not monthly, event to host it a coffee morning.

Mrs McT

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Are we still complaining about Alexa? (Other names are available)