From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Mary Gentle ….
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:34:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8dKes5dN1E3Zv4m93txO550ScYo=
 by: Chris - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 17:34 UTC

Our young friend, Cissie, who arrived in the UK with her mum and dad,
Myron, and Cissie when she was 7, with a smattering of English, is now a 17
yr old voracious reader of fantasy novels so I offered her Mary G. I
enjoyed Ash and Witchbreed but I found the print too tiny and the books too
heavy to hold so I haven’t kept them.

The 1,000+ page “Ash”, is that one story or a compendium? I can’t
remember,: that write up is pants. Were there more than the two Witchbreed
titles? Have just realised I didn’t explain to Cissie she can use a Kindle
app: her mum uses a real kindle as I do.

A proper bookworm! Much impressed I’d met the author.

Mrs McT

Re: Mary Gentle ….

<878r5ii0bq.fsf@golgonooza.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19741&group=uk.media.radio.archers#19741

From: rcmitch...@golgonooza.co.uk (Rosie Mitchell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Mary Gentle ….
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:50:01 +0000
sha1:bmjSbJjTfHFsF3X3+nMiYsZybrA=
 by: Rosie Mitchell - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 18:50 UTC

Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Our young friend, Cissie, who arrived in the UK with her mum and dad,
> Myron, and Cissie when she was 7, with a smattering of English, is now a 17
> yr old voracious reader of fantasy novels so I offered her Mary G. I
> enjoyed Ash and Witchbreed but I found the print too tiny and the books too
> heavy to hold so I haven’t kept them.
>
> The 1,000+ page “Ash”, is that one story or a compendium? I can’t
> remember,: that write up is pants. Were there more than the two Witchbreed
> titles? Have just realised I didn’t explain to Cissie she can use a Kindle
> app: her mum uses a real kindle as I do.
>
> A proper bookworm! Much impressed I’d met the author.

Ash is not for the faint-hearted! Yes, it's one story with an
astonishingly wide scope.

Mary G also writes as Roxanne Morgan. Those are, er, a different kind of
fantasy.

Rosie