You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

SubjectAuthor
* Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Testmax.it
`* Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first TestRH
 `* Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first TestJohn Hall
  +- Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Testmax.it
  +* Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Testmax.it
  |`- Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Testmike
  +- Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first TestJohn Hall
  `- Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first TestRH

1
Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<ve3a2hh51q83okjdgm5ukt811jreu5e3t5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19745&group=uk.sport.cricket#19745

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 19:42:14 +0000
 by: max.it - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 19:42 UTC

Back injury.
Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
certainly have been worse thing to happen.

max.it

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<860a3c94-5947-421f-ad5f-cd1c5d4b965an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19754&group=uk.sport.cricket#19754

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 02:03:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:03 UTC

On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 7:42:17 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> Back injury.
> Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
> match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
> certainly have been worse thing to happen.
>

> max.it

Oh dear, Lazarus exposes his ignorance most horribly . . If you want someone to bowl flat out in a Test you need a warm up match which allows you to bowl flat out against decent opposition It is no good bowling less than flat out in a warm up and then bowling flat out in a Test which exposes any fitness problems. . RH

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<pp8dGxDTLeJiFw8w@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19756&group=uk.sport.cricket#19756

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:47:47 +0000
 by: John Hall - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:47 UTC

In message <860a3c94-5947-421f-ad5f-cd1c5d4b965an@googlegroups.com>, RH
<anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
>On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 7:42:17 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>> Back injury.
>> Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
>> match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
>> certainly have been worse thing to happen.
>>

>> max.it
>
>Oh dear, Lazarus exposes his ignorance most horribly . . If you want
>someone to bowl flat out in a Test you need a warm up match which
>allows you to bowl flat out against decent opposition It is no good
>bowling less than flat out in a warm up and then bowling flat out in a
>Test which exposes any fitness problems. . RH

Since his lack of fitness WAS exposed in the warm-up match, it would
seem that the match wasn't as "gentle" as all that. It seems to be the
same back issue that he had in Australia, which is rather worrying.
Robinson's doubtful fitness makes the decision to take neither Anderson
nor Broad on the tour look even more ill-advised.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<ehsb2hd5672lq1piuo1c3aoeisidgllr1k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19757&group=uk.sport.cricket#19757

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 12:07:00 +0000
 by: max.it - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:07 UTC

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:47:47 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <860a3c94-5947-421f-ad5f-cd1c5d4b965an@googlegroups.com>, RH
><anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
>>On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 7:42:17 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>>> Back injury.
>>> Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
>>> match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
>>> certainly have been worse thing to happen.
>>>

>>> max.it
>>
>>Oh dear, Lazarus exposes his ignorance most horribly . . If you want
>>someone to bowl flat out in a Test you need a warm up match which
>>allows you to bowl flat out against decent opposition It is no good
>>bowling less than flat out in a warm up and then bowling flat out in a
>>Test which exposes any fitness problems. . RH
>
>Since his lack of fitness WAS exposed in the warm-up match, it would
>seem that the match wasn't as "gentle" as all that. It seems to be the
>same back issue that he had in Australia, which is rather worrying.
>Robinson's doubtful fitness makes the decision to take neither Anderson
>nor Broad on the tour look even more ill-advised.

England have had problems with fragile fast bowlers. When I done ECB
coaching there was a lot of focus on 'mixed actions' and how to spot
it and correct it. This was all about preventing back injuries but the
bowlers who have a good straight action either side or front on are
still getting injured.

The only sport that it is advisable to practice flat out is motor
sports. I'm sure you understand why that is and why fast bowlers and
raptors and the big cats and many other predators don't practice flat
out..

I'm sure Henderson is incapable of understanding why and I think it
would be rude and patronising to explain to him.

max.it

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<q3vb2hl4p0dr8gfh6qa8hp57vgj6449ni4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19759&group=uk.sport.cricket#19759

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 12:40:09 +0000
 by: max.it - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:40 UTC

wrote:

>In message <860a3c94-5947-421f-ad5f-cd1c5d4b965an@googlegroups.com>, RH
><anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
>>On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 7:42:17 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
>>> Back injury.
>>> Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
>>> match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
>>> certainly have been worse thing to happen.
>>>

>>> max.it
>>
>>Oh dear, Lazarus exposes his ignorance most horribly . . If you want
>>someone to bowl flat out in a Test you need a warm up match which
>>allows you to bowl flat out against decent opposition It is no good
>>bowling less than flat out in a warm up and then bowling flat out in a
>>Test which exposes any fitness problems. . RH
>
>Since his lack of fitness WAS exposed in the warm-up match, it would
>seem that the match wasn't as "gentle" as all that. It seems to be the
>same back issue that he had in Australia, which is rather worrying.
>Robinson's doubtful fitness makes the decision to take neither Anderson
>nor Broad on the tour look even more ill-advised.

I read just there that Robinson hurt his back fielding on the
boundary. His foot wedged in the ground and he got a back spasm
afterwards.
Maybe more poor luck than poor fitness.

max.it

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<mPQA5yAvNjJiFwui@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19760&group=uk.sport.cricket#19760

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:31:43 +0000
 by: John Hall - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:31 UTC

In message <5tub2hpm6u23pscb9sicacla330cukeoer@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
<spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>I wasn't as appalled as lots of other people that Strauss had decided
>to wean England off the Anderson teat, and regard this latest setback
>for Robinson as an opportunity for Saqib.

It might be if England could be persuaded to play him, but the rumours
are that the England attack will be Woakes, Overton, Wood and Leach,
probably with a few overs from Stokes.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<1b19b22d-79c2-4cde-8437-00d06be86865n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19762&group=uk.sport.cricket#19762

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 08:48:20 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:48 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 12:40:12 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:47:47 +0000, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >In message <860a3c94-5947-421f...@googlegroups.com>, RH
> ><anywh...@gmail.com> writes
> >Since his lack of fitness WAS exposed in the warm-up match, it would
> >seem that the match wasn't as "gentle" as all that. It seems to be the
> >same back issue that he had in Australia, which is rather worrying.
> >Robinson's doubtful fitness makes the decision to take neither Anderson
> >nor Broad on the tour look even more ill-advised.
> I read just there that Robinson hurt his back fielding on the
> boundary. His foot wedged in the ground and he got a back spasm
> afterwards.
> Maybe more poor luck than poor fitness.

lets hope it doesnt become a regular thing like pucks concussion.
I agree they should have taken Broad, he didnt have much of a workout
in OZ so he would still be pretty fresh. Although I think last time we played in
Antigua, we had both Anderson and Broad and still got thrashed,
our batters undone by roach and holder, while Moeen was our best
bowler.

mike

Re: Ollie Robinson ruled out of first Test

<3a5bf12f-7b1c-493b-982a-571ac0bc5e08n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19765&group=uk.sport.cricket#19765

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:08:07 -0800 (PST)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 18:08 UTC

On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 10:49:38 AM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <860a3c94-5947-421f...@googlegroups.com>, RH
> <anywh...@gmail.com> writes
> >On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 7:42:17 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> >> Back injury.
> >> Thank goodness his fragility was exposed in a gentle friendly warm up
> >> match. If he had pulled up during a tough test match it would
> >> certainly have been worse thing to happen.
> >>

> >> max.it
> >
> >Oh dear, Lazarus exposes his ignorance most horribly . . If you want
> >someone to bowl flat out in a Test you need a warm up match which
> >allows you to bowl flat out against decent opposition It is no good
> >bowling less than flat out in a warm up and then bowling flat out in a
> >Test which exposes any fitness problems. . RH
> Since his lack of fitness WAS exposed in the warm-up match, it would
> seem that the match wasn't as "gentle" as all that. It seems to be the
> same back issue that he had in Australia, which is rather worrying.
> Robinson's doubtful fitness makes the decision to take neither Anderson
> nor Broad on the tour look even more ill-advised.
> --
> John Hall
> "Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
> But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
> Ogden Nash (1902-1971)

You miss the point. An undemanding game of cricket is likely not to show up a weakness, a demanding game will be likely to up a weakness.

RH