Cloning is the sincerest form of flattery.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Lydia

SubjectAuthor
* LydiaSn!pe
+* LydiaAhem A Rivet's Shot
|`* LydiaSn!pe
| +* LydiaKerr-Mudd, John
| |`* Lydiamaus
| | `* LydiaKerr-Mudd, John
| |  +* LydiaRustyHinge
| |  |`* LydiaSam Plusnet
| |  | `- Ha! (Was: Re: Lydia).
| |  `* Lydiamaus
| |   `- Lydiamaus
| +* Lydiamaus
| |+- LydiaChris Elvidge
| |`- LydiaSn!pe
| +* LydiaJonG
| |+* LydiaRustyHinge
| ||+- LydiaJonG
| ||`* LydiaJonG
| || `* Lydiamaus
| ||  `- LydiaKerr-Mudd, John
| |+- LydiaRustyHinge
| |+* LydiaSn!pe
| ||`- LydiaJonG
| |+* Lydiame9
| ||`* LydiaSn!pe
| || `* Lydiame9
| ||  `* LydiaSn!pe
| ||   `* LydiaTone
| ||    `* LydiaSn!pe
| ||     `- LydiaRustyHinge
| |`* LydiaRichard Robinson
| | `- LydiaSn!pe
| `- LydiaNicholas D. Richards
`* LydiaBrian Gaff
 +* LydiaTease'n'Seize
 |`- LydiaJulian Macassey
 `* LydiaRobert Harvey
  +- LydiaAhem A Rivet's Shot
  `- LydiaJohn Williamson

Pages:12
Re: Lydia

<1q6wskv.13s2mw34wretlN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19747&group=uk.rec.sheds#19747

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Lydia
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38 UTC

Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:28:54 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > Lydia Dustbin asked if there are any Shedi of her era still standing.
> > I've mentioned Rusty, KMJ and Andy Burns; are there any others
> > around who might remember her?
> >

> A select group. If she would rejoin us, I'm sure a comfy BC cement bag
> and a nicecupoftea could be provided. And if you could stop pointing
> yer beak in the air as the political chat has gone away for a bit. Gorn,
> we need all the support we can get these days, Truss me.

I don't think Lydia does Usenet anymore, her health is rather poor and
even email on her Kindle seems to be a trial for her.

Hmm, me return to the Shed? I feel I've left the Shed way behind me
(or maybe the Shed left me...) Perhaps I might have a little lurk some
time. You could pass on a cheery wave of the wing for me, though.

[thinks]
I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it could get there
by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Re: Lydia

<20230301111752.96e2f36a320f1436741cecb2@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19748&group=uk.rec.sheds#19748

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 11:17:52 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Wed, 1 Mar 2023 11:17 UTC

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> [thinks]
> I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it could get there
> by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)

Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
with your imprint on it should you visit.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Lydia

<ttqllg$bkn6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19785&group=uk.rec.sheds#19785

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 17:16:29 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 17:16 UTC

I remember her, so its not that long ago.
Most of the world seems to think Usenet is dead. They have kind of
reinvented it I notice. Its called Mastodon.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Sn!pe" <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 22:28:54 +0000
>> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>> > Lydia Dustbin asked if there are any Shedi of her era still standing.
>> > I've mentioned Rusty, KMJ and Andy Burns; are there any others
>> > around who might remember her?
>> >

>> A select group. If she would rejoin us, I'm sure a comfy BC cement bag
>> and a nicecupoftea could be provided. And if you could stop pointing
>> yer beak in the air as the political chat has gone away for a bit. Gorn,
>> we need all the support we can get these days, Truss me.
>>

> I don't think Lydia does Usenet anymore, her health is rather poor and
> even email on her Kindle seems to be a trial for her.
>
> Hmm, me return to the Shed? I feel I've left the Shed way behind me
> (or maybe the Shed left me...) Perhaps I might have a little lurk some
> time. You could pass on a cheery wave of the wing for me, though.
>
> [thinks]
> I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it could get there
> by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ?:o)
>

>> > Any fraternal greetings will be gladly conveyed.
>
> --
> ^�^. - Sn!pe - My pet rock Gordon just is.
>
> If you want peace, prepare for war.

Re: Lydia

<1q6zldw.ycasvg1e58honN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19801&group=uk.rec.sheds#19801

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:43:01 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:43 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > [thinks]
> > I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it
> > could get there by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)
>
> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
> with your imprint on it should you visit.

It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
I think.

It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

We are the punchline to the cosmic joke:
<http://www.last-thursday.org>

Re: Lydia

<20230303083147.e9fa3cb91c7ef58c6ee51ab2@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19804&group=uk.rec.sheds#19804

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:31:47 +0000
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:31 UTC

On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:43:01 +0000
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
> > snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
> >
> > > [thinks]
> > > I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it
> > > could get there by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)
> >
> > Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
> > wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
> > with your imprint on it should you visit.
>
> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> I think.
>
> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.

It's pretty quiet in ye shedde these days, mostly it's oomeleg info.

Another log on the fire please mein host, the weather's getting a
bit parky again.

I'll get a round in; an Old Peculier for me, what's everyone else
having? Just a minute!, form an orderly queueuee.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Lydia

<t_KcnRxdKv-_nZ_5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19817&group=uk.rec.sheds#19817

Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:11:46 +0000
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:11 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> Most of the world seems to think Usenet is dead. They have kind of
> reinvented it I notice. Its called Mastodon.

Mastodon may be a decentralised version of twitter, can't see how it's a
re-invention of usenet though ...

Re: Lydia

<slrnu0412t.rbeo.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19818&group=uk.rec.sheds#19818

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:29:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:29 UTC

On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 14:11:46 +0000, Tease'n'Seize <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote:
> Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> Most of the world seems to think Usenet is dead. They have kind of
>> reinvented it I notice. Its called Mastodon.
>
> Mastodon may be a decentralised version of twitter, can't see how it's a
> re-invention of usenet though ...

reddit is a chaotic version of usenet, with pictures.

--
"You show me a highly unequal society, and I will show you a
police state." - Nick Hanauer, https://tinyurl.com/amcvjuxx

Re: Lydia

<k6ehu8F3praU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19819&group=uk.rec.sheds#19819

Followup: uk.rec.sheds
From: mau...@mail.com (maus)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Mar 2023 15:27:04 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:27 UTC

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
On 2023-03-02, Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
>> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>> > [thinks]
>> > I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it
>> > could get there by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)
>>
>> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
>> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
>> with your imprint on it should you visit.
>
> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> I think.
>
> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.

Brought me to mind of a poem about a woodnymph called Lydia, thats all I
remember.

``We who are about to die, salute you.''

--
greymausg@mail.com
where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Lydia

<k6ei16F3praU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19820&group=uk.rec.sheds#19820

From: mau...@mail.com (maus)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:28 UTC

On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:43:01 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
>> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

>> > Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
>> > wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
>> > with your imprint on it should you visit.
>>
>> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
>> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
>> I think.
>>
>> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
>> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
>>
> It's pretty quiet in ye shedde these days, mostly it's oomeleg info.
>
> Another log on the fire please mein host, the weather's getting a
> bit parky again.
>
> I'll get a round in; an Old Peculier for me, what's everyone else
> having? Just a minute!, form an orderly queueuee.

Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
a bushmills.

--
greymausg@mail.com
where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Lydia

<ttt5ff$m15j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19825&group=uk.rec.sheds#19825

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:58:39 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 15:58 UTC

On 03/03/2023 15:27, maus wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
> On 2023-03-02, Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

>>> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
>>> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
>>> with your imprint on it should you visit.
>>
>> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
>> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
>> I think.
>>
>> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
>> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
>>

> Brought me to mind of a poem about a woodnymph called Lydia, thats all I
> remember.
>
> ``We who are about to die, salute you.''

Or a tattooed lady.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Lydia

<20230303174417.efefe0641e21221977f48cda@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19830&group=uk.rec.sheds#19830

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 17:44:17 +0000
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 17:44 UTC

On 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:

> On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2 Mar 2023 22:43:01 +0000
> > snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> >> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> >> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> >> I think.
> >>
> >> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> >> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
> >>
> > It's pretty quiet in ye shedde these days, mostly it's oomeleg info.
> >
> > Another log on the fire please mein host, the weather's getting a
> > bit parky again.
> >
> > I'll get a round in; an Old Peculier for me, what's everyone else
> > having? Just a minute!, form an orderly queueuee.
> >

> Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
> a bushmills.

Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Lydia

<tttel4$mtsv$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19833&group=uk.rec.sheds#19833

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:35:17 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 18:35 UTC

On 03/03/2023 17:44, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
> maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>> It's pretty quiet in ye shedde these days, mostly it's oomeleg info.
>>>
>>> Another log on the fire please mein host, the weather's getting a
>>> bit parky again.
>>>
>>> I'll get a round in; an Old Peculier for me, what's everyone else
>>> having? Just a minute!, form an orderly queueuee.
>>>

>> Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
>> a bushmills.
>>
> Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?

Laphroaig 10 year old for me, tapoleidh

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Lydia

<KpsML.341572$Cvae.58296@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19841&group=uk.rec.sheds#19841

Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 20:04:57 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 20:04 UTC

On 03-Mar-23 18:35, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 03/03/2023 17:44, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
>> On 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
>> maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
>>> a bushmills.
>>>
>> Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?
>
> Laphroaig 10 year old for me, tapoleidh

10 year-olds are not supposed to drink.
I'll have his.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Lydia

<k6f5dhF6ovgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19846&group=uk.rec.sheds#19846

From: mau...@mail.com (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Mar 2023 20:59:29 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 20:59 UTC

On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
> maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> > It's pretty quiet in ye shedde these days, mostly it's oomeleg info.
>> >
>> > Another log on the fire please mein host, the weather's getting a
>> > bit parky again.
>> >
>> > I'll get a round in; an Old Peculier for me, what's everyone else
>> > having? Just a minute!, form an orderly queueuee.
>> >

>> Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
>> a bushmills.
>>
> Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?

Far too expensive, and they can't even spell, oh well, if you insist, a
Black and White.

--
greymausg@mail.com
where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Lydia

<k6f96cF7a17U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19851&group=uk.rec.sheds#19851

From: mau...@mail.com (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 3 Mar 2023 22:03:56 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 3 Mar 2023 22:03 UTC

On 2023-03-03, maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:
> On 2023-03-03, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>> On 3 Mar 2023 15:28:38 GMT
>> maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Jameson. Funny old stories about that. For you of the other persuasion,
>>> a bushmills.
>>>
>> Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?
>>

> Far too expensive, and they can't even spell, oh well, if you insist, a
> Black and White.

Which was reduced to White when my sister-in-law drove in without
looking.

--
greymausg@mail.com
where is our money gone, Dude?

Ha! (Was: Re: Lydia)

<CwEML.1752479$US27.1461065@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19866&group=uk.rec.sheds#19866

From: dot...@dot.dot (.)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Ha! (Was: Re: Lydia)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 09:51:30 GMT
 by: . - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:51 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

[...]

>>> Nowt for our Scottish-leaning types?
>>
>> Laphroaig 10 year old for me, tapoleidh
>
> 10 year-olds are not supposed to drink.
> I'll have his.

In view of the general slowness of trade, now for some politics in the
Pub (unashamedly purloined from The Thunderer):-

-----
My Week: Matt Hancock’s WhatsApp*

Monday
Matt Hancock Hey Isabel! Just catching up, mate. Not heard from you for
ages.
Matt Hancock It’s just, Gina and I were wondering if you’d like to come
for dinner.
Matt Hancock I meant to ask ages ago but Gina always thought you were
about as trustworthy as a fox in a henhouse. But I’ve finally convinced
her that you’re actually a really solid person and all those stories are
totally unfair! So let me know!
Matt Hancock Weird you’re not replying to these, actually.
Matt Hancock Maybe you’ve got a new phone.

Tuesday
Rishi Sunak has added you to the group “FFS Matt what have you done?”
Matt Hancock Guys? What’s this?
Matt Hancock Is it about Love Island? Because that’s just a rumour.
Rishi Sunak Matt, people are saying you’ve given all of our WhatsApps to
a newspaper.
Matt Hancock OMG what? I’d never be so stupid.
Rishi Sunak Phew.
Matt Hancock No, I gave them to Isabel Oakeshott.
Rishi Sunak Oh dear.
Gavin Williamson For God’s sake, Matt. What did you think was going to
happen? People don’t change!
Dominic Cummings Bit rich from you.
Boris Johnson Bit rich from you.
Rishi Sunak Bit rich from you.
Matt Hancock Guys, relax. We have a deal about the messages. They’re
safe.
Dominic Cummings Is it a protective ring?
Boris Johnson We’re screwed.
Matt Hancock Well if we are, I’ll be the first up against the wall.
Nadine Dorries Thought you’d already been up against the wall.
Matt Hancock Actually that was a door.

Wednesday
George Osborne Hi Matt. Assume you’ve seen the Telegraph. Just to say,
if you want a front-page rebuttal in my newspaper, I’ll sort it.
George Osborne Oh wait, maybe I don’t work there any more. Will ask my
PA.
Jacob Rees-Mogg APPALLED AT LEAK SUGGESTING I DEMANDED SPECIAL TREATMENT
FOR COVID TESTS STOP IT WASN’T THAT SPECIAL STOP. WE EXPECTED IT TO
ARRIVE IN A HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE STOP
Matt Hancock I’m hugely disappointed and sad. Shame on Isabel for this
partial account.
Boris Johnson They’ll probably publish the rest tomorrow, though.
Matt Hancock Whatever they say, I’m just not ashamed for going all guns
to hit my target of 100,000 a day.
Rishi Sunak Seems like some days you might have sent more than that.

Thursday
Matt Hancock OK I’m speaking to my lawyers.
Boris Johnson Folks, I still don’t understand why a rate of 0.04 isn’t
the same as 0.04 per cent. Help me out.
Chris Whitty Well. Imagine you were 1.04 times stupider than you are
now. What would be the percentage change?
Boris Johnson Pretty sure you never used to talk to me like this.
Chris Whitty Such a relief I now can.
Gavin Williamson Not sorry for slagging off the teachers. They really
just do hate work.
Chris Whitty Especially at Eton.
Matt Hancock Guys, does anyone remember this thing Lord Bethell is
saying about killing all the cats?
Dominic Cummings Dead cats were my department.
Matt Hancock Yeah but 12 million of them?
Dominic Cummings Missed opportunity. Totally would have owned the news
cycle.
Boris Johnson Dunno, Dom. Hard to herd cats with dignity.
Chris Whitty Tell me about it.

Friday
Matt Hancock Hey everybody, I really am sorry about all this. But I just
couldn’t imagine that anybody would leak messages like that.
Nadine Dorries Like you did, you mean?
Boris Johnson Forget it, folks. Yesterday’s story. Have you heard about
Sue Gray? Joining Labour! Means she must be biased and I’m totally
vindicated over the party stuff.
Rishi Sunak But Boris, the privileges committee has just said the same
thing! And half of them are Tory MPs! Are they going to be joining
Labour, too?
Dominic Cummings Wouldn’t be surprised at this stage, tbh.
Matt Hancock Anyway, like I said, really sorry. And rest assured that
I’ll be much more careful with the next volume of my memoirs. And so
will my ghostwriter.
Boris Johnson Who is it this time? Julian Assange?
Isabel Oakeshott No, it’s me again. Matt added me to the group.
Matt Hancock Look, I know what you are thinking. But this time she
swears.

*according to Hugo Rifkind

--
..

Re: Lydia

<1q72bxz.2v15lexgc3vkN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19867&group=uk.rec.sheds#19867

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:10:26 +0000
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:10 UTC

[fu2: urs denied; fbt reinstated as I'm not subbed to urs]

maus <maus@mail.com> wrote:

> > It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> > Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> > I think.
> >
> > It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> > hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
>
> Brought me to mind of a poem about a woodnymph called Lydia, thats all I
> remember.

That is now officially my 'Thing Wot I Learned Today'.
I had no idea that Lydia was associated with Naiads and all.

> --
> greymausg@mail.com
> where is our money gone, Dude?

Top .siggy, oh yes.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

We are the punchline to the cosmic joke:
<http://www.last-thursday.org>

Re: Lydia

<42106cff-a6eb-6a24-8837-625eea5a01a8@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20427&group=uk.rec.sheds#20427

Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
From: new...@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk (JonG)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 22:36:41 +0000
 by: JonG - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 22:36 UTC

On 02/03/2023 22:43, Sn!pe wrote:
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:38:08 +0000
>> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>>> [thinks]
>>> I suppose I could xpoast this to the Shed; I expect it
>>> could get there by piggybacking on fbt. Hello, Shed. ≈:o)
>>
>> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
>> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
>> with your imprint on it should you visit.
>
> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> I think.
>
> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.

I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello from Wet Yorkshire,
too.

JonG

www.avg.com

Re: Lydia

<tvo0jn$2cpgk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20428&group=uk.rec.sheds#20428

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:37:27 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:37 UTC

On 25/03/2023 22:36, JonG wrote:
> On 02/03/2023 22:43, Sn!pe wrote:
>> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

>>>        Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
>>> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo
>>> circle bag
>>> with your imprint on it should you visit.
>>
>> It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
>> Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
>> I think.
>>
>> It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
>> hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
>>

> I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello from Wet Yorkshire,
> too.

Hello JonG - LTNS!

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Lydia

<tvo17p$2cv1c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20429&group=uk.rec.sheds#20429

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:48:08 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:48 UTC

On 25/03/2023 22:36, JonG wrote:

> I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello from Wet Yorkshire,
> too.

Cor! Don't see one for yomks, then two come along at once!

Nice to see you again again!

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Lydia

<1q86aop.rxxnhzhg7phyN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20430&group=uk.rec.sheds#20430

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 00:04:48 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 00:04 UTC

JonG <news@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk> wrote:

> On 02/03/2023 22:43, Sn!pe wrote:
> > Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> >> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our favourite
> >> wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle bag
> >> with your imprint on it should you visit.
> >
> > It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers
> > Lydia, so I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie,
> > I think.
> >
> > It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread;
> > hail and farewell, see you elsewhere.
> >

> I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello from Wet Yorkshire,
> too.
>
> JonG

Hi, Jon, how nice to see you again after all these years.
I will certainly pass on your greeting to Ms Lydia Dustbin;
I'm sure she will be pleased to hear from an old friend.

If you're still in touch with any Shedi from the days of yore,
please pass on my own greetings to them. [cheery wave]

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Lydia

<mpro.rs3t0y00a6fy004ro.me9@privacy.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20431&group=uk.rec.sheds#20431

From: me9...@privacy.net (me9)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:20:05 +0100
 by: me9 - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 01:20 UTC

JonG <news@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk> wrote:

> On 02/03/2023 22:43, Sn!pe wrote:
> > Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> >> Oh lookee it's a charabanc from the pub and is that our
favourite
> > > wading bird I spy on the benches ? I goeve there's still a bloo circle
> > > bag with your imprint on it should you visit.
> >
> > It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers Lydia, so
> > I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie, I think.
> >
> > It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread; hail and
> > farewell, see you elsewhere.
> >

> I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello from Wet Yorkshire,
> too.
>
> JonG

Good heavens! It's getting busy with long lost sheddi!

Hello to all.

--
braind

Re: Lydia

<1q86ij1.vqdfa4jkdrg1N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20432&group=uk.rec.sheds#20432

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:52:02 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 01:52 UTC

me9 <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> JonG <news@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk> wrote:

> favourite
> > >
> > > It seems that only a tiny subsection of the Shed remembers Lydia, so
> > > I'll relay your greetings and let sleeping sheds lie, I think.
> > >
> > > It was nice to see those of you who joined this thread; hail and
> > > farewell, see you elsewhere.
> >
> > I remember Lydia very well, do say a (belated) hello
> >from Wet Yorkshire, too.
> >
> > JonG
>
> Good heavens! It's getting busy with long lost sheddi!
>
> Hello to all.

Hi, Brain, LTNS. Howzit hangin'?

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Lydia

<mpro.rs3vcr00bz4ay04ro.me9@privacy.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20433&group=uk.rec.sheds#20433

From: me9...@privacy.net (me9)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 03:10:06 +0100
 by: me9 - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:10 UTC

snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> me9 <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> > Good heavens! It's getting busy with long lost sheddi!
> >
> > Hello to all.
>
> Hi, Brain, LTNS. Howzit hangin'?

Well, teh water is still flowing under the bridge, Now enjoying life on my
own.

--
braind

Re: Lydia

<1q86jsf.1lx17c1pltg1xN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20434&group=uk.rec.sheds#20434

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 03:20:54 +0100
References: <1q6vvis.1tnfpu41crx9c4N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <20230301093053.02e8c668b14eb4eddf2188da@127.0.0.1> <1q6wskv.13s2mw34wretlN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <20230301111752.96e2f36a320f1436741cecb2@eircom.net> <1q6zldw.ycasvg1e58honN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <42106cff-a6eb-6a24-8837-625eea5a01a8@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk> <mpro.rs3t0y00a6fy004ro.me9@privacy.net> <1q86ij1.vqdfa4jkdrg1N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <mpro.rs3vcr00bz4ay04ro.me9@privacy.net>
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:20 UTC

me9 <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
> > me9 <me9@privacy.net> wrote:
[...]
> > > Good heavens! It's getting busy with long lost sheddi!
> > >
> > > Hello to all.
> >
> > Hi, Brain, LTNS. Howzit hangin'?
> >
> Well, teh water is still flowing under the bridge,
> Now enjoying life on my own.

I'm on a diuretic too...
Glad to hear that you're enjoying life, albeit solo.