From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: The Hundred ruins f-c cricket
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:04:39 +0000
 by: David North - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:04 UTC

On 09/03/2022 18:47, Mike Holmans wrote:
> At least, I presume that will be the reaction from the idiot corner to
> the news that the 100's playing condition that if a batsman is caught,
> the new batsman goes to the end where the out batsman was - ie the new
> batsman will take strike unless it was the last ball of the over, no
> matter how many runs were attempted while the ball was in the air - is
> incorporated in the latest Laws update.
>
> They've also moved the Law regarding non-strikers being run out by
> bowlers from Unfair Play to Run Out because it's a legitimate way to
> get a run out, not sharp practice.

I believe it was under Unfair Play on the basis that the "non-striker
leaving his/her ground early" (which is its heading) could be unfair if
it is deemed to be an attempt to steal a run. I don't think there was
ever any suggestion in the Laws that running him/her out is unfair.

--
David North

Re: The Hundred ruins f-c cricket

<4qfi2htr2hf9uike025n2pg51laa4ph4tl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19795&group=uk.sport.cricket#19795

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:06:48 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 00:06 UTC

On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:04:39 +0000, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 09/03/2022 18:47, Mike Holmans wrote:
>> At least, I presume that will be the reaction from the idiot corner to
>> the news that the 100's playing condition that if a batsman is caught,
>> the new batsman goes to the end where the out batsman was - ie the new
>> batsman will take strike unless it was the last ball of the over, no
>> matter how many runs were attempted while the ball was in the air - is
>> incorporated in the latest Laws update.
>>
>> They've also moved the Law regarding non-strikers being run out by
>> bowlers from Unfair Play to Run Out because it's a legitimate way to
>> get a run out, not sharp practice.
>
>I believe it was under Unfair Play on the basis that the "non-striker
>leaving his/her ground early" (which is its heading) could be unfair if
>it is deemed to be an attempt to steal a run. I don't think there was
>ever any suggestion in the Laws that running him/her out is unfair.

I noticed that Broad had said that "Dismissing a batter is about
skill & the Mankad requires zero skill".

He must mean zero skill from the non striker.

max.it