Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature. -- Rich Kulawiec

aus+uk / aus.cars / Oh! What a feeling...

SubjectAuthor
* Oh! What a feeling...Noddy
+* Re: Oh! What a feeling...yosemite sam
|`- Re: Oh! What a feeling...Clocky
`* Re: Oh! What a feeling...Daryl
 +* Re: Oh! What a feeling...Noddy
 |`* Re: Oh! What a feeling...Daryl
 | `* Re: Oh! What a feeling...Noddy
 |  `- Re: Oh! What a feeling...Daryl
 `* Re: Oh! What a feeling...Clocky
  `- Re: Oh! What a feeling...keithr0

1
Oh! What a feeling...

<tiqchg$8h5s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19819&group=aus.cars#19819

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Oh! What a feeling...
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 13:41:51 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 02:41 UTC

Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
customers and get themselves in the shit:

> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/

Oh dear :)

I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?

:)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<jrbtslF4dhfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19823&group=aus.cars#19823

From: fel...@goaway.com (yosemite sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Oh! What a feeling...
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 14:35:00 +1100
 by: yosemite sam - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 03:35 UTC

Noddy wrote:

> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
> customers and get themselves in the shit:
>
>> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/
>>

> Oh dear :)
>
> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>
> :)

you'll never know cos you have them blocked. or have you forgotten?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<tiqkid$92pk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19827&group=aus.cars#19827

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 12:58:47 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 04:58 UTC

On 20/10/2022 11:35 am, yosemite sam wrote:
> Noddy wrote:
>>
>> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
>> customers and get themselves in the shit:
>>
>>> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/
>>>

>> Oh dear :)
>>
>> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
>> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>>
>> :)
>>

> you'll never know cos you have them blocked. or have you forgotten?

I'd say that unlike VW who were found guilty, Toyota is innocent until
proven otherwise.

It's easy to claim something but much harder to prove it. NoddyLiar
knows all about that :-)

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<jrc53sF59l3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19828&group=aus.cars#19828

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 16:37:00 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 05:37 UTC

On 20/10/2022 1:41 pm, Noddy wrote:

> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
> customers and get themselves in the shit:
>
>> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/
>
> Oh dear :)
>
> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>
> :)

Not gone to court yet so nothing proven, the quote below from the
article sounds very odd to me, if that's the claim I very much doubt
that they will succeed.

"When asked by Drive about the perceived differences between
Volkswagen’s actions and Toyota’s alleged defeat device, Brendan
Pendergast, Special Counsel for Maddens Lawyers, explained the
Volkswagen cheating software had a mode for laboratory testing and
another for normal road driving, whereas he alleges the Toyota software
gradually changed the engine setting until the vehicle produced more
harmful emissions than were allowed by law."

Very possible that over time a vehicles emissions will get worse but it
sounds very odd to claim that the software changed the engines
"settings" to deliberately make that happen, Toyota has nothing to gain
by doing that so why would they.
The VW case was very different in that VW could claim better fuel
economy to increase sales but no sales advantages for Toyota by doing
what is claimed.

--
Daryl

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<tir6ju$ac75$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19842&group=aus.cars#19842

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 21:06:51 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 10:06 UTC

On 20/10/2022 4:37 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/10/2022 1:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
>> customers and get themselves in the shit:
>>
>>> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/
>>>

>> Oh dear :)
>>
>> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
>> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>>
>> :)
>>

> Not gone to court yet so nothing proven, the quote below from the
> article sounds very odd to me, if that's the claim I very much doubt
> that they will succeed.
>
> "When asked by Drive about the perceived differences between
> Volkswagen’s actions and Toyota’s alleged defeat device, Brendan
> Pendergast, Special Counsel for Maddens Lawyers, explained the
> Volkswagen cheating software had a mode for laboratory testing and
> another for normal road driving, whereas he alleges the Toyota software
> gradually changed the engine setting until the vehicle produced more
> harmful emissions than were allowed by law."

They'd have to be able to show that as being the case obviously, but I
doubt that they'd be bringing a class action against someone like Toyota
unless they had a pretty good case.

> Very possible that over time a vehicles emissions will get worse but it
> sounds very odd to claim that the software changed the engines
> "settings" to deliberately make that happen, Toyota has nothing to gain
> by doing that so why would they.

That's just the way they've worded the story. It may operate completely
differently.

> The VW case was very different in that VW could claim better fuel
> economy to increase sales but no sales advantages for Toyota by doing
> what is claimed.

There would be if they could show that advertised economy figures were
vastly different from real world stuff. At the end of the day if it's a
software hack to fudge emissions and economy testing then it's no
different to Dieselgate, and if it turns out to be true it'll be nasty
for Toyota.

It's all over the media, and I read about it in this morning's
Herald-Sun before looking for the online story. It would be very unusual
for it to have had the kind of press it's got already if there was
nothing in it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<jre1ouFefcoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19851&group=aus.cars#19851

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 09:52:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 22:52 UTC

On 20/10/2022 9:06 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/10/2022 4:37 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 20/10/2022 1:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
>>> customers and get themselves in the shit:

>>> Oh dear :)
>>>
>>> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
>>> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> Not gone to court yet so nothing proven, the quote below from the
>> article sounds very odd to me, if that's the claim I very much doubt
>> that they will succeed.
>>
>> "When asked by Drive about the perceived differences between
>> Volkswagen’s actions and Toyota’s alleged defeat device, Brendan
>> Pendergast, Special Counsel for Maddens Lawyers, explained the
>> Volkswagen cheating software had a mode for laboratory testing and
>> another for normal road driving, whereas he alleges the Toyota
>> software gradually changed the engine setting until the vehicle
>> produced more harmful emissions than were allowed by law."
>
> They'd have to be able to show that as being the case obviously, but I
> doubt that they'd be bringing a class action against someone like Toyota
> unless they had a pretty good case.
>
>> Very possible that over time a vehicles emissions will get worse but
>> it sounds very odd to claim that the software changed the engines
>> "settings" to deliberately make that happen, Toyota has nothing to
>> gain by doing that so why would they.
>
> That's just the way they've worded the story. It may operate completely
> differently.
>
>> The VW case was very different in that VW could claim better fuel
>> economy to increase sales but no sales advantages for Toyota by doing
>> what is claimed.
>
> There would be if they could show that advertised economy figures were
> vastly different from real world stuff. At the end of the day if it's a
> software hack to fudge emissions and economy testing then it's no
> different to Dieselgate, and if it turns out to be true it'll be nasty
> for Toyota.
>
> It's all over the media, and I read about it in this morning's
> Herald-Sun before looking for the online story. It would be very unusual
> for it to have had the kind of press it's got already if there was
> nothing in it.

There have been rumors for years that car makers other than VW have done
similar things to their diesel engine management systems but so far
nothing has been proven, time will tell if there is anything to the claims.

--
Daryl

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<tisn98$ei5k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19854&group=aus.cars#19854

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 10:57:25 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 20 Oct 2022 23:57 UTC

On 21/10/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/10/2022 9:06 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> There would be if they could show that advertised economy figures were
>> vastly different from real world stuff. At the end of the day if it's
>> a software hack to fudge emissions and economy testing then it's no
>> different to Dieselgate, and if it turns out to be true it'll be nasty
>> for Toyota.
>>
>> It's all over the media, and I read about it in this morning's
>> Herald-Sun before looking for the online story. It would be very
>> unusual for it to have had the kind of press it's got already if there
>> was nothing in it.
>
> There have been rumors for years that car makers other than VW have done
> similar things to their diesel engine management systems but so far
> nothing has been proven, time will tell if there is anything to the claims.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if others weren't doing similar things. VW were
just unlucky enough to be the only ones who were caught :)

As I said, I don't expect a law firm would be launching a case against a
company like Toyota unless they were fairly well convinced of their
case, and the fact that they've launched a class action suggests that
they have a number of affected clients. Either way they had better be
right as it has the potential to go horribly badly for the law firm if
it's shown to be frivolous bullshit.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<tit0sv$hv57$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19870&group=aus.cars#19870

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 10:41:35 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 02:41 UTC

On 20/10/2022 1:37 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/10/2022 1:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
>> customers and get themselves in the shit:
>>
>>> https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-hit-with-new-legal-class-action-over-diesel-emissions/
>>>

>> Oh dear :)
>>
>> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
>> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>>
>> :)
>>

> Not gone to court yet so nothing proven, the quote below from the
> article sounds very odd to me, if that's the claim I very much doubt
> that they will succeed.
>
> "When asked by Drive about the perceived differences between
> Volkswagen’s actions and Toyota’s alleged defeat device, Brendan
> Pendergast, Special Counsel for Maddens Lawyers, explained the
> Volkswagen cheating software had a mode for laboratory testing and
> another for normal road driving, whereas he alleges the Toyota software
> gradually changed the engine setting until the vehicle produced more
> harmful emissions than were allowed by law."
>
> Very possible that over time a vehicles emissions will get worse but it
> sounds very odd to claim that the software changed the engines
> "settings" to deliberately make that happen, Toyota has nothing to gain
> by doing that so why would they.
> The VW case was very different in that VW could claim better fuel
> economy to increase sales but no sales advantages for Toyota by doing
> what is claimed.

Wow Daryl, that's the smartest thing you have posted in years. Mind you,
you have set the bar pretty low but still...

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if
it is unproven, he is lying."

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<jreijeFgpoiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19871&group=aus.cars#19871

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 14:39:26 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 03:39 UTC

On 21/10/2022 10:57 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 21/10/2022 9:52 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 20/10/2022 9:06 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> There would be if they could show that advertised economy figures
>>> were vastly different from real world stuff. At the end of the day if
>>> it's a software hack to fudge emissions and economy testing then it's
>>> no different to Dieselgate, and if it turns out to be true it'll be
>>> nasty for Toyota.
>>>
>>> It's all over the media, and I read about it in this morning's
>>> Herald-Sun before looking for the online story. It would be very
>>> unusual for it to have had the kind of press it's got already if
>>> there was nothing in it.
>>
>> There have been rumors for years that car makers other than VW have
>> done similar things to their diesel engine management systems but so
>> far nothing has been proven, time will tell if there is anything to
>> the claims.
>
> Yeah, I'd be surprised if others weren't doing similar things. VW were
> just unlucky enough to be the only ones who were caught :)
>
> As I said, I don't expect a law firm would be launching a case against a
> company like Toyota unless they were fairly well convinced of their
> case, and the fact that they've launched a class action suggests that
> they have a number of affected clients. Either way they had better be
> right as it has the potential to go horribly badly for the law firm if
> it's shown to be frivolous bullshit.

No doubt Toyota will fight it to the bitter end so I hope whoever is
involved in the case has very deep pockets.
When we took legal advice about our cleaning contracts I found out how
expensive it can get, a group of 10 small contractors engaged a
solicitor then a barrister and then a Queens Council, between us we
spent $100,000.00 only to be told we were wasting our time, didn't take
much to rack up a $100k bill.
If our case had proceeded we could have easily multiplied the bill by at
least 10 times.

--
Daryl

Re: Oh! What a feeling...

<jrguc0Fs3osU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19890&group=aus.cars#19890

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:12:32 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 01:12 UTC

On 21/10/2022 12:41 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 20/10/2022 1:37 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 20/10/2022 1:41 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems like Big T can do little these days other than lie to the
>>> customers and get themselves in the shit:

>>> Oh dear :)
>>>
>>> I wonder what the Toyota loving flogs in this group who were heavily
>>> critical of Volkswagen and Dieselgate will have to say about this?
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> Not gone to court yet so nothing proven, the quote below from the
>> article sounds very odd to me, if that's the claim I very much doubt
>> that they will succeed.
>>
>> "When asked by Drive about the perceived differences between
>> Volkswagen’s actions and Toyota’s alleged defeat device, Brendan
>> Pendergast, Special Counsel for Maddens Lawyers, explained the
>> Volkswagen cheating software had a mode for laboratory testing and
>> another for normal road driving, whereas he alleges the Toyota
>> software gradually changed the engine setting until the vehicle
>> produced more harmful emissions than were allowed by law."
>>
>> Very possible that over time a vehicles emissions will get worse but
>> it sounds very odd to claim that the software changed the engines
>> "settings" to deliberately make that happen, Toyota has nothing to
>> gain by doing that so why would they.
>> The VW case was very different in that VW could claim better fuel
>> economy to increase sales but no sales advantages for Toyota by doing
>> what is claimed.
>>

> Wow Daryl, that's the smartest thing you have posted in years. Mind you,
> you have set the bar pretty low but still...

Wow clocky that could be the snidest thing that you've posted today, but
it's well below your best efforts.