From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Women's World Cup
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:30:16 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:30 UTC

In message <cr673h9sgc7pn4vvr8imof3fb1l1p604ab@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
<spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>The WWC has largely been on at times when I'm not desperate to watch
>TV, so I have only seen bits - although I did see all of the Ind v Eng
>game.
>
>As the imbecile so helpfully points out whenever the opportunity
>presents itself, the women don't bowl very fast.
>
>The corollary of that is that keepers spend a lot of time up at the
>stumps. People commenting on the England men's side are fond of
>advancing the hypothesis that Ben Foakes is the best keeper in the
>world. I agree that England have the best keeper in the world, but her
>name is Amy Jones. And there are at least half a dozen other female
>keepers who are a class above just about every male keeper.

If she's as good as her England predecessor, Sarah Taylor, then she's
very good indeed.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: Women's World Cup

<mtb73hh98a923mt4d56qfk6jgmg62ubonu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19973&group=uk.sport.cricket#19973

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 22:04:52 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 22:04 UTC

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:30:16 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <cr673h9sgc7pn4vvr8imof3fb1l1p604ab@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
><spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>>The WWC has largely been on at times when I'm not desperate to watch
>>TV, so I have only seen bits - although I did see all of the Ind v Eng
>>game.
>>
>>As the imbecile so helpfully points out whenever the opportunity
>>presents itself, the women don't bowl very fast.
>>
>>The corollary of that is that keepers spend a lot of time up at the
>>stumps. People commenting on the England men's side are fond of
>>advancing the hypothesis that Ben Foakes is the best keeper in the
>>world. I agree that England have the best keeper in the world, but her
>>name is Amy Jones. And there are at least half a dozen other female
>>keepers who are a class above just about every male keeper.
>
>If she's as good as her England predecessor, Sarah Taylor, then she's
>very good indeed.

the only parts of the wwc I have seen are online clips of great
catches and fielding. I haven't seen a match or even a short session.

max.it

Re: Women's World Cup

<dhj73ht53e1stnm0o9tfopr42ojsdtft15@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=19975&group=uk.sport.cricket#19975

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:15:49 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 00:15 UTC

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 23:55:03 +0000, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 22:04:52 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>the only parts of the wwc I have seen are online clips of great
>>catches and fielding. I haven't seen a match or even a short session.
>
>I'm currently watching the Bangles strangle the Windies as effectively
>as any passing anaconda. Vast array of flighty spinners completely
>bamboozling them.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

I watched a bit of the European competition today. There was a bowler
who bamboozled everyone, especially the umpires with wides and no
balls and wide free hits. In club cricket I suppose the ability goes
from one extreme to the other.

max.it