From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: What did Jason Roy do?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:58:28 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:58 UTC

Cricket Discipline Commission says Roy admitted "conducting himself in
a manner which may be prejudicial to the interests of cricket or which
may bring cricket, the ECB and himself into disrepute"; batter's
two-match England ban suspended for 12 months "dependent on good
behaviour"

max.it

Re: What did Jason Roy do?

<f55k3ht3h25a2o9sfditakrpsh623shc88@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20080&group=uk.sport.cricket#20080

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: What did Jason Roy do?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:26:32 +0000
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:26 UTC

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:58:28 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>Cricket Discipline Commission says Roy admitted "conducting himself in
>a manner which may be prejudicial to the interests of cricket or which
>may bring cricket, the ECB and himself into disrepute"; batter's
>two-match England ban suspended for 12 months "dependent on good
>behaviour"

"Roy's ban is for the next two England matches for which he is
eligible for selection, but has been "suspended for 12 months
dependent on good behaviour". He must pay a fine of £2,500 by March
31.

The statement made no mention of the action which caused a sanction to
be made against Roy and, in a departure from usual protocol, the
written reasons were not published in full."

So they're not saying.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: What did Jason Roy do?

<x12QhGB1OiOiFwmr@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20081&group=uk.sport.cricket#20081

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:29:57 +0000
 by: John Hall - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:29 UTC

In message <f55k3ht3h25a2o9sfditakrpsh623shc88@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
<spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:58:28 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>

>>Cricket Discipline Commission says Roy admitted "conducting himself in
>>a manner which may be prejudicial to the interests of cricket or which
>>may bring cricket, the ECB and himself into disrepute"; batter's
>>two-match England ban suspended for 12 months "dependent on good
>>behaviour"
>

>"Roy's ban is for the next two England matches for which he is
>eligible for selection, but has been "suspended for 12 months
>dependent on good behaviour". He must pay a fine of £2,500 by March
>31.
>
>The statement made no mention of the action which caused a sanction to
>be made against Roy and, in a departure from usual protocol, the
>written reasons were not published in full."
>
>So they're not saying.

These things usually leak out before long, so we'll probably soon find
out what he did. Given the mildness of his punishment, it seems unlikely
to be anything too serious.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: What did Jason Roy do?

<t2dk3hpmhl606tompe0fntfq22m0fkpof0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20082&group=uk.sport.cricket#20082

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:46:15 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:46 UTC

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:29:57 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <f55k3ht3h25a2o9sfditakrpsh623shc88@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
><spam@jackalope.uk> writes
>>On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:58:28 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>>

>>>Cricket Discipline Commission says Roy admitted "conducting himself in
>>>a manner which may be prejudicial to the interests of cricket or which
>>>may bring cricket, the ECB and himself into disrepute"; batter's
>>>two-match England ban suspended for 12 months "dependent on good
>>>behaviour"
>>

>>"Roy's ban is for the next two England matches for which he is
>>eligible for selection, but has been "suspended for 12 months
>>dependent on good behaviour". He must pay a fine of £2,500 by March
>>31.
>>
>>The statement made no mention of the action which caused a sanction to
>>be made against Roy and, in a departure from usual protocol, the
>>written reasons were not published in full."
>>
>>So they're not saying.
>
>These things usually leak out before long, so we'll probably soon find
>out what he did. Given the mildness of his punishment, it seems unlikely
>to be anything too serious.

He had some bubble fatigue issues when he pulled out of IPL for his
'short indefinite' break from cricket. Work that one out. If his break
is to be indefinite how does he know it will be short? That bugs me.
He must have known that a sanction of some kind was on the way.
Maybe he kissed the cat and kicked the waitress.

max.it

Re: What did Jason Roy do?

<1cbfcb10-c6cf-41ca-9a92-605b4a41ca8an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20084&group=uk.sport.cricket#20084

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 01:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 08:10 UTC

On Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 8:46:21 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:29:57 +0000, John Hall
> <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In message <f55k3ht3h25a2o9sf...@4ax.com>, Mike Holmans
> ><sp...@jackalope.uk> writes

> >>"Roy's ban is for the next two England matches for which he is
> >>eligible for selection, but has been "suspended for 12 months
> >>dependent on good behaviour". He must pay a fine of £2,500 by March
> >>31.
> >>
> >>The statement made no mention of the action which caused a sanction to
> >>be made against Roy and, in a departure from usual protocol, the
> >>written reasons were not published in full."
> >>
> >>So they're not saying.
> >
> >These things usually leak out before long, so we'll probably soon find
> >out what he did. Given the mildness of his punishment, it seems unlikely
> >to be anything too serious.
> He had some bubble fatigue issues when he pulled out of IPL for his
> 'short indefinite' break from cricket. Work that one out. If his break
> is to be indefinite how does he know it will be short? That bugs me.
> He must have known that a sanction of some kind was on the way.
> Maybe he kissed the cat and kicked the waitress.
> max.it

I'll put my money on Roy having transgressed against the political correct tyranny ... RH

Re: What did Jason Roy do?

<b26781e5-290d-4440-9865-c8dae8b98c40n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20088&group=uk.sport.cricket#20088

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 06:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
 by: David North - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 13:52 UTC

On Tuesday, 22 March 2022 at 20:46:21 UTC, max.it wrote:
> He had some bubble fatigue issues when he pulled out of IPL for his
> 'short indefinite' break from cricket. Work that one out. If his break
> is to be indefinite how does he know it will be short?

Presumably he knew it would be short, but not exactly how short.

indefinite: "Lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time."

https://www.lexico.com/definition/indefinite

Unknown or unstated, but not necessarily unlimited.