To err is human, to purr feline. To err is human, two curs canine. To err is human, to moo bovine.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Postscription

SubjectAuthor
* PostscriptionTone
+* PostscriptionJohn Williamson
|`* PostscriptionTone
| `- PostscriptionJohn Williamson
+* PostscriptionMike Fleming
|`* PostscriptionBob Henson
| +- PostscriptionTone
| `* PostscriptionJulian Macassey
|  `* PostscriptionPeter
|   `* PostscriptionAhem A Rivet's Shot
|    `* PostscriptionMike Fleming
|     `- PostscriptionBob Henson
`- PostscriptionBrian Gaff

1
Postscription

<tuqfd5$f281$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20091&group=uk.rec.sheds#20091

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Postscription
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 18:45:57 +0000
 by: Tone - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 18:45 UTC

Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
delivered today!

I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.

If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.

Tone

Re: Postscription

<k7dldnFsgrjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20130&group=uk.rec.sheds#20130

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Postscription
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:36:37 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:36 UTC

On 14/03/2023 18:45, Tone wrote:
> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
> delivered today!
>
> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
> the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>
> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.

Scripts here are dealt with well enough, but the DVLA wrote to my doctor
at the start of December and haven't had a reply yet. Until they get
that, they can't renew my PCV licence. Luckily, section 88 applies, so I
can still drive at work...

I spoke to the practice yesterday, and was told, basically, "We'll do it
when we can be @rsed". I have informed DVLA of what I was told.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Postscription

<tusg6n$t1p0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20137&group=uk.rec.sheds#20137

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:11:50 +0000
 by: Tone - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:11 UTC

On 15/03/2023 10:36, John Williamson wrote:
> On 14/03/2023 18:45, Tone wrote:
>> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
>> delivered today!
>>
>> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
>> the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>>
>> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.
>>
> Scripts here are dealt with well enough, but the DVLA wrote to my doctor
> at the start of December and haven't had a reply yet. Until they get
> that, they can't renew my PCV licence. Luckily, section 88 applies, so I
> can still drive at work...
>
> I spoke to the practice yesterday, and was told, basically, "We'll do it
> when we can be @rsed". I have informed DVLA of what I was told.

With great similitude my surgery wouldn't pass me fit to drive after the
malicious report by the X^4's jealous pillock of a son '...because we
don't do that any more. You'll have to go private."

Hence I had to pass a DVLA driving assessment, which I did. Straight
'A's. But I'm glad now as that has given me confidence on the road, in
my 80s.

Tone

Re: Postscription

<k7dvniFtmjvU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20142&group=uk.rec.sheds#20142

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:32:33 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:32 UTC

On 14/03/2023 18:45, Tone wrote:
> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
> delivered today!
>
> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
> the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>
> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.

I picked up one of my batch of prescriptions yesterday, and noticed a
sign in the pharmacy that said that due to some interoperability issue
between surgery and pharmacy, if you needed a repeat prescription made
up from a batch you had to contact them to order it. Nobody knows
whether it's the surgery or the pharmacy software that's the issue.

Re: Postscription

<k7dvv6Fo55oU13@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20143&group=uk.rec.sheds#20143

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:36:39 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:36 UTC

On 15/3/23 1:32 pm, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 14/03/2023 18:45, Tone wrote:
>> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
>> delivered today!
>>
>> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
>> the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>>
>> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.
>
> I picked up one of my batch of prescriptions yesterday, and noticed a
> sign in the pharmacy that said that due to some interoperability issue
> between surgery and pharmacy, if you needed a repeat prescription made
> up from a batch you had to contact them to order it. Nobody knows
> whether it's the surgery or the pharmacy software that's the issue.

I really don't know, but I'd guess it was neither - it sounds like yet
another problem with the NHS spine. There was a snag a short while back
where the doctors could upload to it, but the pharmacies couldn't
download them because of a software problem with the spine and this
could well be similar.

--
Regards,

Bob

Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus
Licence, which fools call Liberty.

Re: Postscription

<k7e24vFudlmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20145&group=uk.rec.sheds#20145

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:13:50 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:13 UTC

On 15/03/2023 13:11, Tone wrote:
> On 15/03/2023 10:36, John Williamson wrote:

>> I spoke to the practice yesterday, and was told, basically, "We'll do
>> it when we can be @rsed". I have informed DVLA of what I was told.
>>

> With great similitude my surgery wouldn't pass me fit to drive after the
> malicious report by the X^4's jealous pillock of a son '...because we
> don't do that any more. You'll have to go private."

I was told that this counts as private work and "We do that when we can
fit it in". Back in November, when I needed the usual medical exam, I
was told "We don't do those, even if you pay." So I found someone who
did it the following day in a room behind a shop for less than half
their published price.

> Hence I had to pass a DVLA driving assessment, which I did. Straight
> 'A's. But I'm glad now as that has given me confidence on the road, in
> my 80s.

Well done, if I forgot to mention it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Postscription

<tusr17$v130$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20155&group=uk.rec.sheds#20155

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 16:16:38 +0000
 by: Tone - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 16:16 UTC

On 15/03/2023 13:36, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 15/3/23 1:32 pm, Mike Fleming wrote:
>> On 14/03/2023 18:45, Tone wrote:
>>> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
>>> delivered today!
>>>
>>> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause
>>> of the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>>>
>>> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.
>>
>> I picked up one of my batch of prescriptions yesterday, and noticed a
>> sign in the pharmacy that said that due to some interoperability issue
>> between surgery and pharmacy, if you needed a repeat prescription made
>> up from a batch you had to contact them to order it. Nobody knows
>> whether it's the surgery or the pharmacy software that's the issue.
>>

> I really don't know, but I'd guess it was neither - it sounds like yet
> another problem with the NHS spine. There was a snag a short while back
> where the doctors could upload to it, but the pharmacies couldn't
> download them because of a software problem with the spine and this
> could well be similar.

Email received today:

Hello Tony,

The medication was not fully signed by the pharmacist on 03.03.23, it
was moved to the pile to go to the pharmacy but not fully sent. This was
human error and we can only apologise for this.

I have raised this error with the pharmacist to hopefully reduce the
risk of this happening in the future.

Apologies again for any inconvenience/distress this may have caused you.

Tone

Re: Postscription

<tuuvnn$1d8b4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20192&group=uk.rec.sheds#20192

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 11:49:08 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 11:49 UTC

I'm sticking to the local Pharmacy who will deliver.
I just don't see the point in getting involved with Royal Mail.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message news:tuqfd5$f281$1@dont-email.me...
> Hooray! My prescription, ordered through the NHS App 14 days ago was
> delivered today!
>
> I have persuaded the surgery miggle management to look into the cause of
> the delay on pain of raising an official complaint.
>
> If that had been warfarin, that delay could have been life threatening.
>
> Tone

Re: Postscription

<slrnu18dju.1vdj.julian@n6are.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20220&group=uk.rec.sheds#20220

From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:44:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:44 UTC

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:36:39 +0000, Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net> wrote:

> I really don't know, but I'd guess it was neither - it sounds like yet
> another problem with the NHS spine. There was a snag a short while back
> where the doctors could upload to it, but the pharmacies couldn't
> download them because of a software problem with the spine and this
> could well be similar.

Remember when websites worked and could talk to someone in
tech support or the NOC? Those were the days.

The irony of phoning your ISP beacuse yet again they have
fucked up your DSLAM and the ACD announce tells you that you can log
into their web server if you are having problems.

--
"Any Tom, Dick or Harry can be in Oasis, you know what I mean, if
you've got the right haircut" - Noel Gallagher

Re: Postscription

<XnsAFCA6BFA71D8BFactura3476@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20225&group=uk.rec.sheds#20225

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:36:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:36 UTC

Julian Macassey <julian@n6are.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:36:39 +0000, Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> I really don't know, but I'd guess it was neither - it sounds like
>> yet another problem with the NHS spine.

Had a problem with my spine this morning. Backache until I had a nice hot
shower.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Postscription

<20230317112307.8658f5e17c8de2e65286b914@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20227&group=uk.rec.sheds#20227

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:23:07 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 11:23 UTC

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:36:52 -0000 (UTC)
Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

> Julian Macassey <julian@n6are.com> wrote in
>
> > On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:36:39 +0000, Bob Henson <fake@obfuscation.net>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I really don't know, but I'd guess it was neither - it sounds like
> >> yet another problem with the NHS spine.
>
> Had a problem with my spine this morning. Backache until I had a nice hot
> shower.

From comments in here it seems those responsible for the NHS spine
are a shower (not so sure about the hot bit though).

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Postscription

<k7j51cFnrrkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20230&group=uk.rec.sheds#20230

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:33:47 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:33 UTC

On 17/03/2023 11:23, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:36:52 -0000 (UTC)
> Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Julian Macassey <julian@n6are.com> wrote in

>> Had a problem with my spine this morning. Backache until I had a nice hot
>> shower.
>
> From comments in here it seems those responsible for the NHS spine
> are a shower (not so sure about the hot bit though).

It's probably developed from HISS ,which I goove Fujitsu were in charge
of shpxing up. Last time I had anything to do with NHS data interchange
was in the mid 90s, jbexing on a pathology system - the NHS was working
on establishing fixed protocols for transmitting data. At the time I was
at ICL, which Fujitsu absorbed, but I got made redundant from there and
the pathology system was then maintained by a couple of amateurs
instead, who shpxed up some mods -
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/sep/14/martinwainwright and no, it
wasn't a millennium bug error at all. The system had perfectly good
capability to work out the difference in days between two dates but the
amateurs ignored that and came up with their own "solution" which
calculated the dates for amniocentesis tests differently correctly.

Re: Postscription

<k7j5k0Fn3toU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20231&group=uk.rec.sheds#20231

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:43:45 +0000
 by: Bob Henson - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:43 UTC

On 17/3/23 12:33 pm, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 17/03/2023 11:23, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 10:36:52 -0000 (UTC)
>> Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Julian Macassey <julian@n6are.com> wrote in

>>> Had a problem with my spine this morning. Backache until I had a nice hot
>>> shower.
>>
>> From comments in here it seems those responsible for the NHS spine
>> are a shower (not so sure about the hot bit though).
>
> It's probably developed from HISS ,which I goove Fujitsu were in charge
> of shpxing up.

And a giant cockup they made of it. can't remember who took over from
them, but the cockup was even worse.

--
Regards,

Bob

Don't remarry - just find a women you hate and give her a house.