Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 05:17:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 12:17 UTC

Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff - and rubbishes talk of replacing Joe Root as Test captain
Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week

By
Tim Wigmore
5 April 2022 • 8:45pm
Ben Stokes chats with Joe Root
Ben Stokes (left) is not interested in replacing Joe Root (right) as Test captain CREDIT: ACTION IMAGES

England star Ben Stokes faces an anxious wait to determine whether he faces another lengthy injury layoff after sustaining a knee injury during England’s three Test series in the West Indies last month.

“I think it was pretty obvious that I was struggling with my knee a bit out in the Caribbean,” Stokes, the England vice-captain, told 4C’s Round the Wicket podcast.

Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week.

“At the moment there is no training,” he said. “So I will go and get the scans and then we can find out what’s going on, and then hopefully can make a plan from there.”

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/04/05/ben-stokes-fears-another-injury-layoff-rubbishes-talk-replacing/

RH

Re: Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff

<3d0bc4a9-6691-47e7-ae0e-46a6348785d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20388&group=uk.sport.cricket#20388

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 08:06:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff
From: najeeb...@gmail.com (Najeeb ybo)
 by: Najeeb ybo - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 15:06 UTC

On Friday, 8 April 2022 at 13:17:26 UTC+1, RH wrote:
> Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff - and rubbishes talk of replacing Joe Root as Test captain
> Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week
>
> By
> Tim Wigmore
> 5 April 2022 • 8:45pm
> Ben Stokes chats with Joe Root
> Ben Stokes (left) is not interested in replacing Joe Root (right) as Test captain CREDIT: ACTION IMAGES
>
> England star Ben Stokes faces an anxious wait to determine whether he faces another lengthy injury layoff after sustaining a knee injury during England’s three Test series in the West Indies last month.
>
> “I think it was pretty obvious that I was struggling with my knee a bit out in the Caribbean,” Stokes, the England vice-captain, told 4C’s Round the Wicket podcast.
>
> Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week.
>
> “At the moment there is no training,” he said. “So I will go and get the scans and then we can find out what’s going on, and then hopefully can make a plan from there.”
>
> Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/04/05/ben-stokes-fears-another-injury-layoff-rubbishes-talk-replacing/
>
> RH

Boring old yesterday's news again from Robert Henderson.

"England all-rounder Ben Stokes is planning a return to action for Durham in early May after a scan of his knee showed no new problem.
The 30-year-old has not been training after suffering pain in his left knee during England's tour of the West Indies in March.
Stokes still has some tenderness in his knee but he and England will continue to manage the problem alongside Durham.
He is set to appear in the County Championship next month."

Re: Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff

<17b069a5-24a0-471b-9d5b-51369a19e759n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20395&group=uk.sport.cricket#20395

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 23:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (RH)
 by: RH - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 06:29 UTC

On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 4:06:06 PM UTC+1, Najeeb ybo wrote:
> On Friday, 8 April 2022 at 13:17:26 UTC+1, RH wrote:
> > Ben Stokes fears another injury layoff - and rubbishes talk of replacing Joe Root as Test captain
> > Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week
> >
> > By
> > Tim Wigmore
> > 5 April 2022 • 8:45pm
> > Ben Stokes chats with Joe Root
> > Ben Stokes (left) is not interested in replacing Joe Root (right) as Test captain CREDIT: ACTION IMAGES
> >
> > England star Ben Stokes faces an anxious wait to determine whether he faces another lengthy injury layoff after sustaining a knee injury during England’s three Test series in the West Indies last month.
> >
> > “I think it was pretty obvious that I was struggling with my knee a bit out in the Caribbean,” Stokes, the England vice-captain, told 4C’s Round the Wicket podcast.
> >
> > Stokes will have a scan on a knee injury this week.
> >
> > “At the moment there is no training,” he said. “So I will go and get the scans and then we can find out what’s going on, and then hopefully can make a plan from there.”
> >
> > Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/04/05/ben-stokes-fears-another-injury-layoff-rubbishes-talk-replacing/
> >
> > RH
> Boring old yesterday's news again from Robert Henderson.
>
> "England all-rounder Ben Stokes is planning a return to action for Durham in early May after a scan of his knee showed no new problem.
> The 30-year-old has not been training after suffering pain in his left knee during England's tour of the West Indies in March.
> Stokes still has some tenderness in his knee but he and England will continue to manage the problem alongside Durham.
> He is set to appear in the County Championship next month."

Translation: nothing reported in this ng until I posted it here... Next! RH