From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Clever sponsors for YCCC
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 14:56:58 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 13:56 UTC

There's an Indian media company called Clean Slate, which has had the
nous to swoop in and grab the naming rights for Headingley, which will
be known as Clean Slate Headingley for the next two years (at least).
The company describes itself in terms which will make the illiberal
bigot physically sick (with any luck) - to be honest, their statement
lays it on a bit thick, but their hearts seem to be in the right
place.

With the membership having overwhelmingly backed the new management at
last week's EGM, the only cloud on that front is the pledge of Robin
Smith, the leader of the Racist Rump which brought the club to its
knees while in charge, to bleed the club dry and enrich lawyers for no
very good reason. On the other hand, the ECB have awarded them a Test
and an ODI, so they should be able to make a bit of cash to pay them.

I had my doubts about appointing Darren Gough as Director of Cricket,
given his CV of whole-hearted player, winner of Strictly and some
fairly unininteresting adventures into commentary. But one advantage
of completely revamping a club's management tier is that the job
descriptions can be written round those appointed, so if there are
things which a DoC would normally do but Gough would be useless at,
they can define them as someone else's job. The advantage of Gough is
that he spent his time at Yorks and England being lion-hearted and
optimistic, so he can sound pretty convincing when addressing troops
on the subject of pride in the White Rose. And that's what's going to
be needed for the next two or three years while they rebuild from th
wreckage.

They've managed to sign Haris Rauf for the first load of CC games,
which will at least make sure that their opponents get the chance to
face 90mph+ bowling of high quality.

It's going to be interesting to see how they go as a playing entity,
but at least the management seem to be doing a lot right.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Clever sponsors for YCCC

<af7d49d2-64f7-49e3-8f91-c7bf7d8dfd3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20363&group=uk.sport.cricket#20363

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Clever sponsors for YCCC
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 01:56 UTC

On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 11:57:02 PM UTC+10, Mike Holmans wrote:
> They've managed to sign Haris Rauf for the first load of CC games,
> which will at least make sure that their opponents get the chance to
> face 90mph+ bowling of high quality.

Great. Let's hope they support him with a worthy pitch.

Re: Clever sponsors for YCCC

<cdd3e55d-db3f-4afd-ac4a-96c33c0659a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20406&group=uk.sport.cricket#20406

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: anamiim...@gmail.com (Anami Imana)
 by: Anami Imana - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:11 UTC

On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:27:02 PM UTC+5:30, Mike Holmans wrote:
> There's an Indian media company called Clean Slate, which has had the
> nous to swoop in and grab the naming rights for Headingley, which will
> be known as Clean Slate Headingley for the next two years (at least).

I'd never heard of Clean Slate technologies, but a google search reveals that it has been acquired by Bizongo, which presumably has inherited the naming rights as well.

Welcome to Bizongo Headingley.

Regards,
Jayen

Re: Clever sponsors for YCCC

<d9n55hpc5r185aqpcsvhb6mc5hch71eqq5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20408&group=uk.sport.cricket#20408

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:38:35 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 13:38 UTC

On Sun, 10 Apr 2022 06:11:31 -0700 (PDT), Anami Imana
<anamiimana@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:27:02 PM UTC+5:30, Mike Holmans wrote:
>> There's an Indian media company called Clean Slate, which has had the
>> nous to swoop in and grab the naming rights for Headingley, which will
>> be known as Clean Slate Headingley for the next two years (at least).
>
>I'd never heard of Clean Slate technologies, but a google search reveals that it has been acquired by Bizongo, which presumably has inherited the naming rights as well.
>
>Welcome to Bizongo Headingley.

Since it's not Clean Slate Technologies but Clean Slate Studioz, a
streaming platform set to launch in April 2023, Bizongo will have
nothing to do with it.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Clever sponsors for YCCC

<DASYWfAARvUiFwCP@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20412&group=uk.sport.cricket#20412

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:14:08 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:14 UTC

In message <cdd3e55d-db3f-4afd-ac4a-96c33c0659a4n@googlegroups.com>,
Anami Imana <anamiimana@gmail.com> writes
>On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 7:27:02 PM UTC+5:30, Mike Holmans wrote:
>> There's an Indian media company called Clean Slate, which has had the
>> nous to swoop in and grab the naming rights for Headingley, which will
>> be known as Clean Slate Headingley for the next two years (at least).
>
>I'd never heard of Clean Slate technologies, but a google search
>reveals that it has been acquired by Bizongo, which presumably has
>inherited the naming rights as well.
>
>Welcome to Bizongo Headingley.

I imagine they'll stick with "Clean Slate Headingley", since it sounds
so remarkably appropriate.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,