Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse. -- James Dean

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: TOG Tour 2022

SubjectAuthor
* TOG Tour 2022Cab
+* TOG Tour 2022YTC#1
|+- TOG Tour 2022Colin Irvine
|+* TOG Tour 2022wessie
||`* TOG Tour 2022YTC#1
|| `- TOG Tour 2022Bruce Horrocks
|`* TOG Tour 2022Cab
| `* TOG Tour 2022YTC#1
|  `* TOG Tour 2022Cab
|   `- TOG Tour 2022YTC#1
+* TOG Tour 2022Turby
|`- TOG Tour 2022Cab
+* TOG Tour 2022WUN
|+- TOG Tour 2022Salad Dodger
|`- TOG Tour 2022wessie
+* TOG Tour 2022Champ
|`* TOG Tour 2022Champ
| `* TOG Tour 2022Cab
|  +* TOG Tour 2022Mark Olson
|  |+- TOG Tour 2022Cab
|  |+- TOG Tour 2022Sqirrel99
|  |`- TOG Tour 2022Ben Blaney
|  `* TOG Tour 2022Champ
|   `- TOG Tour 2022Cab
+* TOG Tour 2022Paul Carmichael
|+* TOG Tour 2022Cab
||`* TOG Tour 2022Paul Carmichael
|| `- TOG Tour 2022Turby
|`- TOG Tour 2022Gyp
`* TOG Tour 2022CT
 `* TOG Tour 2022Cab
  +- TOG Tour 2022Mark Olson
  `* TOG Tour 2022CT
   `- TOG Tour 2022Dave Brown

Pages:12
TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0p54h1so7lj000@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2030&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2030

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: TOG Tour 2022
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000
 by: Cab - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17 UTC

Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG is
going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
celebration of the ol' bugger.

I've asked Col to take over the ferry aspect of the run, whilst I
continue to look after the hotel and restaurant. The good news is that
both places have agreed to move to the nights of Friday 29th
April/Saturday 30th April. Fortunately, he's agreed to help out, which
is good, as he's used to herding cats.

The only change is that the menu rates have gone up from €35 to €39
(not much considering this was originally planned for 2020).

I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that time,
as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ + Vanessa, Col
and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed without asking, that
Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me know what your plans
are.

As mentioned on FB, Niall reckons a few more of the Wimbledon mob may
want to attend (Niall, can you find out and pass on my details).

WUN has also expressed an interest.

Obv, we need to make sure we don't run out of rooms. I'll check how
many are available in total.

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdcg3c$2r2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2031&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2031

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: TOG Tour 2022
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:14:52 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:14 UTC

On 22/07/2021 19:17, Cab wrote:
> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
> have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG is
> going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
> celebration of the ol' bugger.
>
> I've asked Col to take over the ferry aspect of the run, whilst I
> continue to look after the hotel and restaurant. The good news is that
> both places have agreed to move to the nights of Friday 29th
> April/Saturday 30th April. Fortunately, he's agreed to help out, which
> is good, as he's used to herding cats.
>
> The only change is that the menu rates have gone up from €35 to €39
> (not much considering this was originally planned for 2020).
>
> I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that time,
> as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ + Vanessa, Col
> and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed without asking, that
> Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me know what your plans
> are.
>
> As mentioned on FB, Niall reckons a few more of the Wimbledon mob may
> want to attend (Niall, can you find out and pass on my details).
>
> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>
> Obv, we need to make sure we don't run out of rooms. I'll check how
> many are available in total.

As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
accommodation.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<4uhjfg1j3lt866cqqgkdopa8b06dp4ou1v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2033&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2033

From: loo...@colinandpat.co.uk (Colin Irvine)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:32:57 +0100
 by: Colin Irvine - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:32 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:14:52 +0100, YTC#1
<bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote:

>As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
>someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
>accommodation.

Dieppe, 29th and 30th April.

--
Colin Irvine
FJR1300A

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<XnsAD6FD20053C49wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2034&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2034

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:38:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:38 UTC

YTC#1 <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote in

> On 22/07/2021 19:17, Cab wrote:
>> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
>> have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
>> is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
>> celebration of the ol' bugger.
>>
>> I've asked Col to take over the ferry aspect of the run, whilst I
>> continue to look after the hotel and restaurant. The good news is
>> that both places have agreed to move to the nights of Friday 29th
>> April/Saturday 30th April. Fortunately, he's agreed to help out,
>> which is good, as he's used to herding cats.
>>
>> The only change is that the menu rates have gone up from €35 to
>> €39 (not much considering this was originally planned for 2020).>>
>> I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that
>> time, as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ +
>> Vanessa, Col and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed
>> without asking, that Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me
>> know what your plans are.
>>
>> As mentioned on FB, Niall reckons a few more of the Wimbledon mob may
>> want to attend (Niall, can you find out and pass on my details).
>>
>> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>>
>> Obv, we need to make sure we don't run out of rooms. I'll check how
>> many are available in total.
>>

> As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
> someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
> accommodation.

dates in the 1st paragraph, location is in Dieppe, same place they used
last time

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdco58$h17$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2036&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2036

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:32:23 -0700
 by: Turby - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 21:32 UTC

On 7/22/2021 11:17 AM, Cab wrote:
> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
> have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG is
> going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
> celebration of the ol' bugger.
>
> I've asked Col to take over the ferry aspect of the run, whilst I
> continue to look after the hotel and restaurant. The good news is that
> both places have agreed to move to the nights of Friday 29th
> April/Saturday 30th April. Fortunately, he's agreed to help out, which
> is good, as he's used to herding cats.
>
> The only change is that the menu rates have gone up from €35 to €39
> (not much considering this was originally planned for 2020).
>
> I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that time,
> as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ + Vanessa, Col
> and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed without asking, that
> Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me know what your plans
> are.
>
> As mentioned on FB, Niall reckons a few more of the Wimbledon mob may
> want to attend (Niall, can you find out and pass on my details).
>
> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>
> Obv, we need to make sure we don't run out of rooms. I'll check how
> many are available in total.

Add my name, please (surname being Keener, IYDK.) I'll need to book a
flight and pick up my bike in Heidelberg. Here's hoping no hiccups crop up.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<879d6972-5948-43c7-b15d-3e1480bc501cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2038&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2038

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:06:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: nigel.ea...@gmail.com (WUN)
 by: WUN - Thu, 22 Jul 2021 23:06 UTC

On Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:20:14 PM UTC+1, Cab wrote:

> WUN has also expressed an interest.

Can I just point out that mine is rather stronger than Lesley's[1]
"Definitely interested", in that I will send you some money when
you ask for it....

[1] Whatever became of her?

--
WUN

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<hm1kfg907ve7lm42hjd8hnq36oiqag6duq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2040&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2040

From: salad.do...@idnet.com (Salad Dodger)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 01:02:13 +0100
 by: Salad Dodger - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 00:02 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:06:33 -0700 (PDT), WUN <nigel.eaton@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:20:14 PM UTC+1, Cab wrote:
>>
>> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>
>Can I just point out that mine is rather stronger than Lesley's[1]
>"Definitely interested", in that I will send you some money when
>you ask for it....
>
>[1] Whatever became of her?

She's still around in the "other place".
Commented on the announcement thread.
--
Salad Dodger
1690 FLHTK;GL1800D

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<fikkfglrkvlr44ilu4dcdd7on0q4atf137@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2041&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2041

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 06:23:55 +0100
 by: Champ - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 05:23 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000, "Cab" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that time,
>as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ + Vanessa, Col
>and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed without asking, that
>Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me know what your plans
>are.

Put me + Vanessa back on the list, please. I'll confirm this by email
too
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<3nkkfgp704imm1p2c317sh3qeh1f55hlqb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2042&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2042

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 06:26:40 +0100
 by: Champ - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 05:26 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 06:23:55 +0100, Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000, "Cab" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>I'll confirm this by email too

Sent to your rosbig.org address
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<XnsAD704EA48D5DDwtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2043&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2043

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 06:43:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 06:43 UTC

WUN <nigel.eaton@gmail.com> wrote in news:879d6972-5948-43c7-b15d-
3e1480bc501cn@googlegroups.com:

> On Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 7:20:14 PM UTC+1, Cab wrote:
>>
>> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>
> Can I just point out that mine is rather stronger than Lesley's[1]
> "Definitely interested", in that I will send you some money when
> you ask for it....
>
> [1] Whatever became of her?

she was at a soir�e at Hog's last summer in the inter lockdown period.

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0q2ly2kywq6001@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2044&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2044

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:29:35 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:29 UTC

Turby wibbled:

> Add my name, please (surname being Keener, IYDK.) I'll need to book a
> flight and pick up my bike in Heidelberg. Here's hoping no hiccups
> crop up.

Done. I've managed to squeeze a couple more rooms out of the hotel
(they like some buffer for their regulars).

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0q2na2l0toe002@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2045&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2045

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:31:04 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:31 UTC

YTC#1 wibbled:

> As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
> someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
> accommodation.

I assume you've seen the replies. Well then? Coming or not?

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sddrun$ibe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2046&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2046

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:43:17 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:43 UTC

On 23/07/2021 08:31, Cab wrote:
> YTC#1 wibbled:
>

>> As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
>> someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
>> accommodation.
>
> I assume you've seen the replies. Well then? Coming or not?

Just a highly likely "maybe".

Most likely I will sort out my own accom/boat nearer the time.
I'm finding it harder than ever to commit to anything more than a few
weeks in advance.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sddrvk$ibe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2047&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2047

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:43:46 +0100

On 22/07/2021 20:38, wessie wrote:
> YTC#1 <bdporter@ytc1-removespam.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> On 22/07/2021 19:17, Cab wrote:
>>> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
>>> have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
>>> is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
>>> celebration of the ol' bugger.
>>>
>>> I've asked Col to take over the ferry aspect of the run, whilst I
>>> continue to look after the hotel and restaurant. The good news is
>>> that both places have agreed to move to the nights of Friday 29th
>>> April/Saturday 30th April. Fortunately, he's agreed to help out,
>>> which is good, as he's used to herding cats.
>>>
>>> The only change is that the menu rates have gone up from €35 to
>>> €39 (not much considering this was originally planned for 2020).>>
>>> I have a room list that TOG sent to me on the 3rd March. At that
>>> time, as we were thinking of doing the run in August, Champ +
>>> Vanessa, Col and Pat, and Kevin + Lynn had cancelled. I assumed
>>> without asking, that Col and Pat would attend :-). Kev, Champ, let me
>>> know what your plans are.
>>>
>>> As mentioned on FB, Niall reckons a few more of the Wimbledon mob may
>>> want to attend (Niall, can you find out and pass on my details).
>>>
>>> WUN has also expressed an interest.
>>>
>>> Obv, we need to make sure we don't run out of rooms. I'll check how
>>> many are available in total.
>>>

>> As I have no idea of the dates or location, I am sure nearer the time
>> someone will spill the beans and I can just catch my own ferry and
>> accommodation.
>>

> dates in the 1st paragraph, location is in Dieppe, same place they used
> last time

TL;DR :-)

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0q45x2n2r98003@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2049&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2049

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:28:34 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:28 UTC

YTC#1 wibbled:

> Just a highly likely "maybe".

With Jean?

> Most likely I will sort out my own accom/boat nearer the time.
> I'm finding it harder than ever to commit to anything more than a few
> weeks in advance.

Yeah, I know what it's like. But if you can give me a firm yes/no when
you figure things out, that'd be handy, ta.

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sddvsd$aag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2050&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2050

From: bdpor...@ytc1-removespam.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:50:17 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:50 UTC

On 23/07/2021 09:28, Cab wrote:
> YTC#1 wibbled:
>

>> Just a highly likely "maybe".
>
> With Jean?

Maybe :-)
It would be preferable :-)

>> Most likely I will sort out my own accom/boat nearer the time.
>> I'm finding it harder than ever to commit to anything more than a few
>> weeks in advance.
>
> Yeah, I know what it's like. But if you can give me a firm yes/no when
> you figure things out, that'd be handy, ta.

Will do, it is an almost certainly yes. But TBH, don't expect 100% until
after 1/1/22

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<pan$e79d$6e179cdd$7683c801$d2deec6@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2053&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2053

From: wibbleyp...@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 23 Jul 2021 10:44:56 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 10:44 UTC

El Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000, Cab escribió:

> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably have
> whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG is going
> to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a celebration
> of the ol' bugger.

I'd love to attend, but it's a fuck of a long ride and we now have cats.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0q9hu2ucz56004@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2054&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2054

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52:28 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52 UTC

Paul Carmichael wibbled:

> El Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000, Cab escribió:
>
> > Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
> > have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
> > is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be
> > a celebration of the ol' bugger.
>
> I'd love to attend, but it's a fuck of a long ride and we now have
> cats.

Go on, you know you want to.

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdej8k$8on$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2056&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2056

From: a...@b.c (Gyp)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:21:06 +0100
 by: Gyp - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 14:21 UTC

On 23/07/2021 11:44, Paul Carmichael wrote:

> I'd love to attend, but it's a fuck of a long ride and we now have cats.

On DVD or BluRay?

I gave up watching it after 5 minutes. Definitely didn't want to see a
feline Judi Dench lick her own arse hole

--
Gyp

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdemmc$6te$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2057&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2057

From: me...@christrollen.co.uk (CT)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:19:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: CT - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:19 UTC

Cab wrote:

> Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
> have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG is
> going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
> celebration of the ol' bugger.

Deffo put me on the list for this, please, assuming a room is available.

--
Chris

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<xn0n0qfpd32rqq5005@www.rosbif.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2058&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2058

From: me...@privacy.net (Cab)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:47:53 +0000
 by: Cab - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:47 UTC

CT wibbled:

> Cab wrote:
>
> > Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
> > have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
> > is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
> > celebration of the ol' bugger.
>
> Deffo put me on the list for this, please, assuming a room is
> available.

Will do. I think there _may_ be one room left after all this :-)

--
Cab
Z1000 and CB1300 and VeloSolex 3800

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdep5t$o2s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2059&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2059

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:02:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:02 UTC

Cab <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> CT wibbled:
>
>> Cab wrote:
>>
>> > Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
>> > have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
>> > is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
>> > celebration of the ol' bugger.
>>
>> Deffo put me on the list for this, please, assuming a room is
>> available.
>
> Will do. I think there _may_ be one room left after all this :-)

I'd love to attend but have no bike at the ready, a la Mr. Keener. I
do remember talking to TOG about possibly buying his GTR1000 and
having it domiciled in one of his garages for just this sort of thing.

If by some magic I can manage it, I'll be doing it YTC#1-style on
my own.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdeqh4$4jo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2060&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2060

From: me...@christrollen.co.uk (CT)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:25:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: CT - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:25 UTC

Cab wrote:

> CT wibbled:
>
> > Deffo put me on the list for this, please, assuming a room is
> > available.
>
> Will do. I think there may be one room left after all this :-)

Cool!

--
Chris

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<pan$ddc01$2b91c25f$4a43da15$6bc6956f@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2061&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2061

From: wibbleyp...@gmail.com (Paul Carmichael)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 23 Jul 2021 17:08:12 GMT
 by: Paul Carmichael - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 17:08 UTC

El Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52:28 +0000, Cab escribió:

> Paul Carmichael wibbled:
>
>> El Thu, 22 Jul 2021 18:17:27 +0000, Cab escribió:
>>
>> > Well folks, it's still going ahead as you know. Mr M would probably
>> > have whinged if we called this off. It goes without saying that TOG
>> > is going to leave a big hole in our lives, so this weekend will be a
>> > celebration of the ol' bugger.
>>
>> I'd love to attend, but it's a fuck of a long ride and we now have
>> cats.
>
> Go on, you know you want to.

Oh fuck. I just remembered, I don't have a bike.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Re: TOG Tour 2022

<sdg30o$ggf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2064&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#2064

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 20:56:08 -0700
 by: Turby - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 03:56 UTC

On 7/23/2021 10:08 AM, Paul Carmichael wrote:
> El Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52:28 +0000, Cab escribió:
>
>> Paul Carmichael wibbled:

>>> I'd love to attend, but it's a fuck of a long ride and we now have
>>> cats.
>>
>> Go on, you know you want to.
>

> Oh fuck. I just remembered, I don't have a bike.

What better motivation.