From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: A shitty league set up
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 20:08:04 +0100
 by: max.it - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 19:08 UTC

https://northerncricketunion.org/database/2022/leagues/League2.shtml

12 teams play until end of July and then top six and bottom six split.
Only one (I think) of the top six can win promotion and none of the
bottom six can be relegated. We can't have a senior team playing in
the junior leagues even though J1 and J2 are probably similar in
ability to the bottom few senior teams.

This is just word snobbery. First teams and single teams are senior
teams by default regardless of ability. Migration in the leagues might
raise the standard of the lower senior teams. I remember Waringstown
2s and 3s playing in junior1 and in some crucial matches too.

Lower senior teams play in the junior cup and it's frequently won by a
J1 team (some team's seconds).

max.it