From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Oki Printer not working
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 14:56:43 +0100
 by: GB - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:56 UTC

I have an Oki C5200N colour laser printer that has seen only light
usage, and none at all in the last 2-3 years.

I powered it up for a job, and it makes all the right clanging and
grinding noises, but the pages are blank. That's both printing from
windows and using the inbuilt menu to print a demo page.

There's no sign of any print from any of the colours on the page.

Any ideas, please?

Re: Oki Printer not working

<20220329082640.778904ec@ryz>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2057&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2057

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Oki Printer not working
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 08:26:40 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 06:26 UTC

Am Montag, 28. März 2022, um 14:56:43 Uhr schrieb GB:

> I have an Oki C5200N colour laser printer that has seen only light
> usage, and none at all in the last 2-3 years.
>
> I powered it up for a job, and it makes all the right clanging and
> grinding noises, but the pages are blank. That's both printing from
> windows and using the inbuilt menu to print a demo page.
>
> There's no sign of any print from any of the colours on the page.
>
> Any ideas, please?

Because the error also occurs if you use the built-in test print, I
assume it is a fault with the printer itself.
Do you have another cartridge to test?
If there are no particles left inside, the entire page will be blank.

Re: Oki Printer not working

<t1vjfj$fd5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2063&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2063

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:34:29 +0100
 by: GB - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:34 UTC

On 29/03/2022 07:26, Marco Moock wrote:
> Am Montag, 28. März 2022, um 14:56:43 Uhr schrieb GB:
>
>> I have an Oki C5200N colour laser printer that has seen only light
>> usage, and none at all in the last 2-3 years.
>>
>> I powered it up for a job, and it makes all the right clanging and
>> grinding noises, but the pages are blank. That's both printing from
>> windows and using the inbuilt menu to print a demo page.
>>
>> There's no sign of any print from any of the colours on the page.
>>
>> Any ideas, please?
>>

> Because the error also occurs if you use the built-in test print, I
> assume it is a fault with the printer itself.
> Do you have another cartridge to test?
> If there are no particles left inside, the entire page will be blank.

There are four cartridges, as it's colour, and I checked two of them
have plenty of toner.

Re: Oki Printer not working

<jahb2vFnatuU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2065&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2065

From: adr...@inspired-glass.com (Adrian Brentnall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:13:03 +0100
 by: Adrian Brentnall - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 21:13 UTC

On 28/03/2022 14:56, GB wrote:
> I have an Oki C5200N colour laser printer that has seen only light
> usage, and none at all in the last 2-3 years.
>
> I powered it up for a job, and it makes all the right clanging and
> grinding noises, but the pages are blank. That's both printing from
> windows and using the inbuilt menu to print a demo page.
>
> There's no sign of any print from any of the colours on the page.
>
> Any ideas, please?

I have a similar OKI led/laser printer.
Mine will complain bitterly if any of the 4 toner carts are low - so if
it's not doing that then it's not a toner issue.

My guess would be a fairly major failure in the power-supply circuitry
that drives the four banks of leds.... which would prevent the image
from being written to the print drum / drums.

Sadly - it would probably cost you more to have the fault diagnosed /
repaired than it would to purchase a new printer..

If you do decide to buy another OKI printer, you can cut your losses a
little by buying one that uses the same toner carts..