From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: rego
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 12:45:48 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 01:45 UTC

Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days of
"moving to Qld":

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate

Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?

Re: rego

<judc4pFec35U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20871&group=aus.cars#20871

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: Re: rego
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:31:53 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 02:31 UTC

On 26/11/2022 12:45 pm, Max wrote:
> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days of
> "moving to Qld":
>
> https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate
>
> Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?

No, you will be immediately arrested and imprisoned until you transfer
your rego, they may even confiscate and crush your car if you don't
comply with the rules to the letter, you have been warned.

--
Daryl

Re: rego

<judf8hFeov0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20872&group=aus.cars#20872

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:25:03 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 03:25 UTC

On 26/11/2022 12:45 pm, Max wrote:
> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days of
> "moving to Qld":
>
> https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate
>
> Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?

It's a question of residency. Are you on a long holiday?

As for getting away with it, unless you drive like a maniac, you're
unlikely to be stopped, let alone questioned about your residential
status. That said, if you're living in one place, neighbours might
notice and dob you in. Then again, I knew a woman who lived in Sydney
but registered her car at her parent's place in WA, because it was
cheaper, and was never caught out as far as I know.

Is there any objection to complying with the law, apart from cost?

Sylvia.

Re: rego

<op.1v71kuytbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20873&group=aus.cars#20873

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:35:08 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 03:35 UTC

Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days of
> "moving to Qld":

> https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate

> Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?

Yep, a holiday isnt moving to, stupid.

Re: rego

<op.1v71ohmzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20874&group=aus.cars#20874

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:37:19 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 03:37 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote

>> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days of
>> "moving to Qld":
>> https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate
>> Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?
>
> It's a question of residency. Are you on a long holiday?
>
> As for getting away with it, unless you drive like a maniac, you're
> unlikely to be stopped, let alone questioned about your residential
> status. That said, if you're living in one place, neighbours might
> notice and dob you in. Then again, I knew a woman who lived in Sydney
> but registered her car at her parent's place in WA, because it was
> cheaper, and was never caught out as far as I know.
>
> Is there any objection to complying with the law, apart from cost?

He would be complying with the law if he didnt change the rego
when on a holiday, stupid.

Re: rego

<judg4gFeri0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20875&group=aus.cars#20875

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:39:58 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 03:39 UTC

On 26/11/2022 2:37 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>> Max wrote
>
>>> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days
>>> of "moving to Qld":
>>>  https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate
>>>  Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?
>>
>> It's a question of residency. Are you on a long holiday?
>>
>> As for getting away with it, unless you drive like a maniac, you're
>> unlikely to be stopped, let alone questioned about your residential
>> status. That said, if you're living in one place, neighbours might
>> notice and dob you in. Then again, I knew a woman who lived in Sydney
>> but registered her car at her parent's place in WA, because it was
>> cheaper, and was never caught out as far as I know.
>>
>> Is there any objection to complying with the law, apart from cost?
>
> He would be complying with the law if he didnt change the rego
> when on a holiday, stupid.

He didn't say he was on holiday, he asked what would happen if he said
he was on holiday. You really need to read what's written, not what you
think is written.

Sylvia

Re: rego

<tls6i1$1uh1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20876&group=aus.cars#20876

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 16:00:47 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 05:00 UTC

On 26/11/2022 2:25 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 26/11/2022 12:45 pm, Max wrote:
>> Qld website says you have to register your car in Qld within 14 days
>> of "moving to Qld":
>>
>> https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate
>>
>> Will I get away with 6 months if I say I am on a long holiday?
>
> It's a question of residency. Are you on a long holiday?
>
> As for getting away with it, unless you drive like a maniac, you're
> unlikely to be stopped, let alone questioned about your residential
> status. That said, if you're living in one place, neighbours might
> notice and dob you in. Then again, I knew a woman who lived in Sydney
> but registered her car at her parent's place in WA, because it was
> cheaper, and was never caught out as far as I know.
>
> Is there any objection to complying with the law, apart from cost?

It would be a big hassle to change number plates. All the insurance etc
has the current number plate, plus my mechanic's account.

Then if I went back to the original state, I would have to change it all
back again, and I wouldn't get my old number plate back. I like my
current number plate - it is easy to remember.

Re: rego

<op.1v8e75zjbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20877&group=aus.cars#20877

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 19:29:55 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 08:29 UTC

On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 14:39:58 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

> On 26/11/2022 2:37 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>> It's a question of residency. Are you on a long holiday?
>>>
>>> As for getting away with it, unless you drive like a maniac, you're
>>> unlikely to be stopped, let alone questioned about your residential
>>> status. That said, if you're living in one place, neighbours might
>>> notice and dob you in. Then again, I knew a woman who lived in Sydney
>>> but registered her car at her parent's place in WA, because it was
>>> cheaper, and was never caught out as far as I know.
>>>
>>> Is there any objection to complying with the law, apart from cost?
>> He would be complying with the law if he didnt change the rego
>> when on a holiday, stupid.
>
> He didn't say he was on holiday, he asked what would happen if he said
> he was on holiday. You really need to read what's written, not what you
> think is written.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag, you stupid pommy
fuckwit.