I just had my entire INTESTINAL TRACT coated with TEFLON!

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Dawn chorus

SubjectAuthor
* Dawn chorussoup
+* Dawn chorusTone
|+* Dawn chorusDon Stockbauer
||+* Dawn chorusDon Stockbauer
|||`* Dawn chorusSn!pe
||| `* Dawn chorusBrian Gaff
|||  `* Dawn chorusKerr-Mudd, John
|||   `* Dawn chorusSn!pe
|||    `* Dawn choruschrisnd@privacy.net
|||     `* Dawn choruschrisnd @ukrm
|||      +* Dawn chorusBob Henson
|||      |+- Dawn choruschrisnd@privacy.net
|||      |`- Dawn chorusAhem A Rivet's Shot
|||      `* Dawn chorusRustyHinge
|||       +* Dawn chorusTone
|||       |`* Dawn chorusSn!pe
|||       | `* Dawn chorusTone
|||       |  +- Dawn chorusmaus
|||       |  `- Dawn chorusNicholas D. Richards
|||       `* Dawn chorusChris Elvidge
|||        +* Dawn choruschrisnd@privacy.net
|||        |`- Dawn chorusRichard Robinson
|||        `- Dawn chorusTone
||+* Dawn chorusKerr-Mudd, John
|||`- Dawn chorusmaus
||`* Dawn chorusmaus
|| `* Dawn chorussoup
||  `* Dawn chorusmaus
||   +- Dawn chorusJohn Williamson
||   +- Dawn chorusBob Henson
||   `* Dawn chorusRichard Robinson
||    `- Dawn chorusMike Fleming
|+- Dawn chorusBrian Gaff
|`- Dawn chorusRustyHinge
+- Dawn chorusBrian Gaff
+* Dawn chorusSam Plusnet
|`- Dawn chorusThomas Prufer
`* Dawn chorusJonG
 +* Dawn chorusNicholas D. Richards
 |`- Dawn chorusSn!pe
 +- Dawn chorusSn!pe
 +- Dawn chorusBob Henson
 `* Dawn chorusmaus
  `- Dawn chorusBrian Gaff

Pages:12
Dawn chorus

<u1b7si$1g939$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20900&group=uk.rec.sheds#20900

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Dawn chorus
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:54:27 +0100
 by: soup - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:54 UTC

Dawn, my nefr.

Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
Must be their mating season or something.

Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
(<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).

Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
how stuffy it was.

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1b9f8$1ggbo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20901&group=uk.rec.sheds#20901

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Dawn chorus
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:21:28 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 10:21 UTC

On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
>  Dawn, my nefr.
>
> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>   Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
> son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> Must be their mating season or something.
>
> Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
>  ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
> (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>
> Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
> how stuffy it was.

Ear plugs?

Tone

Re: Dawn chorus

<f492f758-ba6b-4060-9748-d787d4603385n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20902&group=uk.rec.sheds#20902

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:29 UTC

On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:21:31 AM UTC-5, Tone wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
> > Dawn, my nefr.
> >
> > Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> > felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
> > Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
> > son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> > Must be their mating season or something.
> >
> > Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
> > ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
> > (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
> >
> > Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
> > how stuffy it was.
> Ear plugs?
>
> Tone

LBJ Lyndon, Baines, Johnson, man, David Fry used to have this comedy album and he made fun of Nixon and LBJ the one I really remember is like a Nixon was coming in to replace LBJ and the sea was pretty funny about it was that like LBJ was giving Nixon a tour of the White House no this is not alive. This is not your typical Internet shit lie this is real, so then LBJ like leads Nixon up to see Lady Bird and then LBJ search pointing his paintings and stuff on the wall and Nixon keeps saying that has certainly got to go. No I'm not lying about this. I know the Internet is nothing but lies but anyway, Nixon seen all that's got to go this is got to go and finally LBJ pointed ladybird and says this is the wonderful , LBJ Mrs. and Lady Bird has says hi and then Nixon says that has certainly got to go but that was funny man I laughed and laughed and oh wait a minute I'm still using Google groups slap my hand and then come then Lady Bird said donnn why are you still using Google groups we hear in the shed go entirely by form and absolutely no Contant, except for a bunch of worthless content that I some morphing to digging a hole and selling it back in so anyway, donnn said god this shit is a waste of time. Why am I even messing around with it and I would've said the F word but I've got in trouble here saying the F word a lot and them so anyway just a minute just a minute, Dave the AE 35 antenna pointing unit Baaba baa baa baa Beran bye-bye bye-bye bye-bye Barbara ass in . She is a man and you know what I'm so disgusted with myself I've put up with myself for a long time, but you know what I'm going to do now I'm gonna kill pfeil myself or maybe just kill myself would be better to get out of this crap.

Re: Dawn chorus

<d36340bb-cb18-4609-9101-01f0c871deean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20903&group=uk.rec.sheds#20903

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:30 UTC

On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 6:29:02 AM UTC-5, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:21:31 AM UTC-5, Tone wrote:
> > On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
> > > Dawn, my nefr.
> > >
> > > Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> > > felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
> > > Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
> > > son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> > > Must be their mating season or something.
> > >
> > > Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
> > > ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
> > > (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
> > >
> > > Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
> > > how stuffy it was.
> > Ear plugs?
> >
> > Tone
> LBJ Lyndon, Baines, Johnson, man, David Fry used to have this comedy album and he made fun of Nixon and LBJ the one I really remember is like a Nixon was coming in to replace LBJ and the sea was pretty funny about it was that like LBJ was giving Nixon a tour of the White House no this is not alive.. This is not your typical Internet shit lie this is real, so then LBJ like leads Nixon up to see Lady Bird and then LBJ search pointing his paintings and stuff on the wall and Nixon keeps saying that has certainly got to go. No I'm not lying about this. I know the Internet is nothing but lies but anyway, Nixon seen all that's got to go this is got to go and finally LBJ pointed ladybird and says this is the wonderful , LBJ Mrs. and Lady Bird has says hi and then Nixon says that has certainly got to go but that was funny man I laughed and laughed and oh wait a minute I'm still using Google groups slap my hand and then come then Lady Bird said donnn why are you still using Google groups we hear in the shed go entirely by form and absolutely no Contant, except for a bunch of worthless content that I some morphing to digging a hole and selling it back in so anyway, donnn said god this shit is a waste of time. Why am I even messing around with it and I would've said the F word but I've got in trouble here saying the F word a lot and them so anyway just a minute just a minute, Dave the AE 35 antenna pointing unit Baaba baa baa baa Beran bye-bye bye-bye bye-bye Barbara ass in . She is a man and you know what I'm so disgusted with myself I've put up with myself for a long time, but you know what I'm going to do now I'm gonna kill pfeil myself or maybe just kill myself would be better to get out of this crap.
do you know what that was no worse than the crappy people waste time one have a nice day eat more pecans

Re: Dawn chorus

<20230414130340.6fc4228ac2e1dc5ae490c168@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20904&group=uk.rec.sheds#20904

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:03:40 +0100
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:03 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> LBJ Lyndon, Baines, Johnson, man, David Fry used to have this comedy album and he made fun of Nixon and LBJ
[]
This is not your typical Internet
[]
lf I've put up with myself for a long time, but you know what I'm going to
do now I'm gonna kill pfeil myself or maybe just kill myself would be
better to get out of this crap.

Calm down, Don. Even you seem to realise that your contribution wasn't
well put.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Dawn chorus

<1q96hg8.bkrpmo1yx82fyN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20905&group=uk.rec.sheds#20905

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,alt.soupdragons
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:05:10 +0100
iZ4vFDG
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:05 UTC

Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> do you know what that was no worse than the crappy people
> waste time one have a nice day eat more pecans

Hi, Don.

If you're short of someone to chat with, find me
at alt.soupdragons (this is crossposted to there.)

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1bhvc$1hs60$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20912&group=uk.rec.sheds#20912

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:46:31 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:46 UTC

You can listen to birdsong on a loop on the Alexa of course, then all you
need is a fan and an air freshener.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"soup" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Dawn, my nefr.
>
> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
> Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving son
> to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> Must be their mating season or something.
>
> Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
> ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
> (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>
> Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
> how stuffy it was.

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1bi16$1hser$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20913&group=uk.rec.sheds#20913

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:47:30 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:47 UTC

Noise cancelling headphones?
Brian

--

--:
"Tone" <tone@email.com> wrote in message
> On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
>> Dawn, my nefr.
>>
>> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
>> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>> Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving son
>> to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
>> Must be their mating season or something.
>>
>> Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
>> ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
>> (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>>
>> Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
>> how stuffy it was.
>
> Ear plugs?
>
> Tone

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1bi63$1ht9v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20914&group=uk.rec.sheds#20914

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,alt.soupdragons
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:50:07 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:50 UTC

Dawn Chorus was she the of birds and their mating habits or something?
I wonder if the girl at school called Teresa Green became an arborialist?
Brian

--

--:
"Sn!pe" <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> do you know what that was no worse than the crappy people
>> waste time one have a nice day eat more pecans
>
> Hi, Don.
>
> If you're short of someone to chat with, find me
> at alt.soupdragons (this is crossposted to there.)
>
> --
> ^�^. - Sn!pe - My pet rock Gordon just is.
>
> <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Dawn chorus

<slrnu3ikub.14hc.maus@dmany.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20915&group=uk.rec.sheds#20915

From: mau...@dmany.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 14 Apr 2023 13:23:23 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:23 UTC

On 2023-04-14, Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:21:31 AM UTC-5, Tone wrote:
>> On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
>> > Dawn, my nefr.
>> >
>> > Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
>> > felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>> > Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
>> > son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
>> > Must be their mating season or something.
>> >
>> > Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
>> > ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
>> > (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>> >
>> > Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
>> > how stuffy it was.
>> Ear plugs?
>>
>> Tone

Read up about line wrapping.

Re: Dawn chorus

<slrnu3il88.14hc.maus@dmany.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20916&group=uk.rec.sheds#20916

From: mau...@dmany.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 14 Apr 2023 13:28:40 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:28 UTC

On 2023-04-14, Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> LBJ Lyndon, Baines, Johnson, man, David Fry used to have this comedy album and he made fun of Nixon and LBJ
> []
> This is not your typical Internet
> []
> lf I've put up with myself for a long time, but you know what I'm going to
> do now I'm gonna kill pfeil myself or maybe just kill myself would be
> better to get out of this crap.
>

> Calm down, Don. Even you seem to realise that your contribution wasn't
> well put.

It ws the sort of unline divided sort of stuff that comes out of an
editor that does not `do' linewraps.

Re: Dawn chorus

<20230414163616.92fe90c42ebb37df10c9c38f@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20917&group=uk.rec.sheds#20917

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,alt.soupdragons
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 16:36:16 +0100
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:36 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:50:07 +0100
"Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dawn Chorus was she the of birds and their mating habits or something?

.... and the Blue Tits (1 off gurl band, inc. Carol Vorderman, apparently)
sadly the internets give DailyHurl or DailyExcess hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIRb0NDzmE

> I wonder if the girl at school called Teresa Green became an arborialist?
> Brian

Pity poor Jenny Taylor.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Dawn chorus

<1q96scl.1y9hvqc4t2lagN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20918&group=uk.rec.sheds#20918

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 16:56:08 +0100
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:56 UTC

Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:50:07 +0100
> "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dawn Chorus was she the of birds and their mating habits or something?
>
> ... and the Blue Tits (1 off gurl band, inc. Carol Vorderman, apparently)
> sadly the internets give DailyHurl or DailyExcess hits.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIRb0NDzmE
>

> > I wonder if the girl at school called Teresa Green became an arborialist?
> > Brian
> >
> Pity poor Jenny Taylor.

- and Marina Morris.
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

<https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9tc0mF9ssgU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20919&group=uk.rec.sheds#20919

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:06:46 +0100
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 16:06 UTC

On 14/04/2023 16:56, Sn!pe wrote:
> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:50:07 +0100
>> "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dawn Chorus was she the of birds and their mating habits or something?
>>
>> ... and the Blue Tits (1 off gurl band, inc. Carol Vorderman, apparently)
>> sadly the internets give DailyHurl or DailyExcess hits.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIRb0NDzmE
>>

>>> I wonder if the girl at school called Teresa Green became an arborialist?
>>> Brian
>>>
>> Pity poor Jenny Taylor.
>
> - and Marina Morris.

"and her younger brother, Morris minor..."

Chris

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9tc49F9ssiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20920&group=uk.rec.sheds#20920

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd @ukrm)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:08:41 +0100
 by: chrisnd @ukrm - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 16:08 UTC

On 14/04/2023 17:06, chrisnd@privacy.net wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 16:56, Sn!pe wrote:
>> Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>> ... and the Blue Tits (1 off gurl band, inc. Carol Vorderman,
>>> apparently)
>>> sadly the internets give DailyHurl or DailyExcess hits.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIRb0NDzmE

>>> Pity poor Jenny Taylor.
>>
>> - and Marina Morris.
> "and her younger brother, Morris minor..."

Not forgetting their distant overseas uncle, Morris Traveller...

And their trans-sexual sibling, Morris Convertible...

Chris
--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1btr6$1jr26$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20921&group=uk.rec.sheds#20921

From: inva...@invalid.com (soup)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:09:10 +0100
 by: soup - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 16:09 UTC

On 14/04/2023 14:23, maus wrote:
> On 2023-04-14, Don Stockbauer <donstockbauer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ear plugs?
>>>
>>> Tone
>>

> Read up about line wrapping.

Eh?

Re: Dawn chorus

<slrnu3j27r.1nvl.maus@dmany.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20922&group=uk.rec.sheds#20922

From: mau...@dmany.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 14 Apr 2023 17:10:19 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:10 UTC

On 2023-04-14, soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 14:23, maus wrote:

>> Read up about line wrapping.
>
> Eh?

I didn't check, but those irritating long lines are the norm on
Googlegroups. Most OS's insert some sort of line wrapping signals to
stop large lumps of text to form unreadable lumps on yr screen. in C,
that is `\n', and in Macos, I think it is `\n\f'.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Where is our money gone, Dude?

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9th7gFb640U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20923&group=uk.rec.sheds#20923

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 18:35:42 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:35 UTC

On 14/04/2023 18:10, maus wrote:
Eh?

> I didn't check, but those irritating long lines are the norm on
> Googlegroups. Most OS's insert some sort of line wrapping signals to
> stop large lumps of text to form unreadable lumps on yr screen. in C,
> that is `\n', and in Macos, I think it is `\n\f'.

Thunderbird wraps lines to fit my screen.

Don's problem was a complete lack of punctuation, spaces, and an
apparent inability to find the return key.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9thhcF90hfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20924&group=uk.rec.sheds#20924

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 18:40:59 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:40 UTC

On 14/4/23 5:08 pm, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 14/04/2023 17:06, chrisnd@privacy.net wrote:

>>> - and Marina Morris.
>> "and her younger brother, Morris minor..."
>>
> Not forgetting their distant overseas uncle, Morris Traveller...
>
> And their trans-sexual sibling, Morris Convertible...
>
> Chris

The local cobbler in my home town had a daughter who was Iris Tew. He
must have done it on purpose - perhaps he only wanted a son?

--
Regards,

Bob

Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened.

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9thm1F90hfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20925&group=uk.rec.sheds#20925

From: fak...@obfuscation.net (Bob Henson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 18:43:28 +0100
 by: Bob Henson - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:43 UTC

On 14/4/23 6:10 pm, maus wrote:
> On 2023-04-14, soup <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> Read up about line wrapping.
>>
>> Eh?
>
> I didn't check, but those irritating long lines are the norm on
> Googlegroups. Most OS's insert some sort of line wrapping signals to
> stop large lumps of text to form unreadable lumps on yr screen. in C,
> that is `\n', and in Macos, I think it is `\n\f'.

In the days when we read a lot of groups and hence time mattered more,
we used to filter out everything from googlegroups and delete them unread.

--
Regards,

Bob

Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened.

Re: Dawn chorus

<BBh_L.3086620$%ng4.2316734@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20926&group=uk.rec.sheds#20926

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 20:13:37 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 19:13 UTC

On 14-Apr-23 10:54, soup wrote:
>  Dawn, my nefr.
>
> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>   Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
> son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> Must be their mating season or something.
>
> Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
>  ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
> (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>
> Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
> how stuffy it was.

T'was not intended to cause a "oh there's lovely" response.
The message is:

"All this is mine you tossers! And if you come any closer - I'll $%^&*(
the shit out of you!"

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Dawn chorus

<armk3i1v0lmgv9tedogqe2ppo5thposa4a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20928&group=uk.rec.sheds#20928

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:08:35 +0200
 by: Thomas Prufer - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 08:08 UTC

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 20:13:37 +0100, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>On 14-Apr-23 10:54, soup wrote:
>>  Dawn, my nefr.
>>
>> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
>> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>>   Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
>> son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
>> Must be their mating season or something.
>>
>> Attitude had certainly changed in four hours of listening to a constant
>>  ~trill ~ cheep ~ trill from 'ah lovely' to 'shut up you little ****'
>> (<even ROT 13ing that would gave some the vapours).
>>
>> Could have shut the window I suppose, but then I would lie awake due to
>> how stuffy it was.
>
>T'was not intended to cause a "oh there's lovely" response.
>The message is:
>
>"All this is mine you tossers! And if you come any closer - I'll $%^&*(
>the shit out of you!"

Graphic rendition:

<https://crosswordfiend.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/garylarson_fence2.jpg>

Thomas Prufer

Re: Dawn chorus

<u1dvsm$20l9g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20930&group=uk.rec.sheds#20930

From: rich...@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:56:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:56 UTC

maus said:

> Most OS's insert some sort of line wrapping signals to
> stop large lumps of text to form unreadable lumps on yr screen. in C,
> that is `\n', and in Macos, I think it is `\n\f'.

RTFMs. All of them.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Dawn chorus

<k9vegbFk2h5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20931&group=uk.rec.sheds#20931

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 12:01:31 +0100
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 11:01 UTC

On 14/04/2023 18:40, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 14/4/23 5:08 pm, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:

>>> "and her younger brother, Morris minor..."
>>>
>> Not forgetting their distant overseas uncle, Morris Traveller...
>>
>> And their trans-sexual sibling, Morris Convertible...
>>
>> Chris
>
> The local cobbler in my home town had a daughter who was Iris Tew. He
> must have done it on purpose - perhaps he only wanted a son?

It would have made more sense if he had been a policeman rather than a
cobbler tho...
:-)

Chris

Re: Dawn chorus

<d3223865-b737-d9fa-4081-1c39076b7659@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20934&group=uk.rec.sheds#20934

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: new...@dentrassi-nospamformetodayplease.lodge.org.uk (JonG)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 22:53:18 +0100
 by: JonG - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 21:53 UTC

On 14/04/2023 10:54, soup wrote:
>  Dawn, my nefr.
>
> Ten to five a LBJ started outside my bedroom window, "oh there's lovely"
> felt I (went all Welsh there for some reason).
>   Nine o'clock when I finally gave up trying to snooze in (not driving
> son to his work today)the little hooter was still at it .
> Must be their mating season or something.

I once read an observation by an ornithologist that getting to
understand bird calls can rather put a damper on the "aww, isn't that
sweet" reaction that many people will give - when you understand that
many of the calls translate to things like:

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!"

"Oi! You! Get off of my branch!"

or:

"I've got a great big todger, come and sit on it!"

JonG

www.avg.com