From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: OT: The war
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 10:53:42 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:53 UTC

Two Russians speaking:

“Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”

“Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”

“We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
remaining warships blown up!”

“That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”

“Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”

Re: OT: The war

<314e61b6-0f0f-4eec-9b5c-1d4d46cbdd3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20962&group=aus.politics#20962

Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:41:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT: The war
From: screamin...@gmail.com (Lions Growl of Butchers Foul)
 by: Lions Growl of Butch - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 00:41 UTC

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 10:53:46 AM UTC+11, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Two Russians speaking:
>
> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>
> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>
> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
> out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
> to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
> generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
> the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
> lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
> days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
> 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
> remaining warships blown up!”
>
> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>
> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”

Moscow man goes to the News stand and buys newspaper. He glances at front page, then throws it straight in the bin.
Next day: same again.
And again.
Every day the same thing - he buys the paper, looks at the front page, throws it straight in the bin.
Eventually, the news stand seller snaps - "Why DO you do that?"
Moscow man replies - "Oh, I'm just checking for an obituary"
- "But obituaries aren't even on the front page!"
- "Oh, the one I'm looking for will be"

Re: OT: The war

<traf41$3n8i4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=20968&group=aus.politics#20968

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 18:14:12 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 07:14 UTC

Lions Growl of Butchers Foul wrote on 31/1/23 11:41 am:
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 10:53:46 AM UTC+11, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Two Russians speaking:
>>
>> “Hey, Yuri, did you hear we’re at war with NATO!”
>>
>> “Astounding, Ivan, how are we doing?”
>>
>> “We’ve lost 80,000 men, the storied 1st Guards Tank Army has been wiped
>> out, more than 1,000 of out latest tanks are burned out hulks, we have
>> to get old T62s out of storage to stay in the war, we’ve lost more
>> generals in war than any nation ever, our flag ship is at the bottom of
>> the Black Sea, we’re losing airbases hundreds of kilometers behind
>> lines, land it took us 3 months to take was taken back from us in 3
>> days, our fleet has retreated from Sevastopol, and we can’t come within
>> 300 kilometers of Ukraine’s coast without getting one of our few
>> remaining warships blown up!”
>>
>> “That’s terrible, Ivan! How is NATO doing?”
>>
>> “Oh, they haven’t even started to fight.”
>
> Moscow man goes to the News stand and buys newspaper. He glances at front page, then throws it straight in the bin.
> Next day: same again.
> And again.
> Every day the same thing - he buys the paper, looks at the front page, throws it straight in the bin.
> Eventually, the news stand seller snaps - "Why DO you do that?"
> Moscow man replies - "Oh, I'm just checking for an obituary"
> - "But obituaries aren't even on the front page!"
> - "Oh, the one I'm looking for will be"

(Snicker) ;-) (Snicker!)
--
Daniel