Newsgroups: aus.tv
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 18:59:12 +0800
 by: Ozix - Fri, 5 May 2023 10:59 UTC

Surely there are other cool French movies they could be screening?

Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?

<u32sbj$2bhk6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=206&group=aus.tv#206

From: pjet...@yahoo.com (Pete)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Subject: Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 22:21:07 +1000
 by: Pete - Fri, 5 May 2023 12:21 UTC

On 5/05/2023 8:59 pm, Ozix wrote:
> Surely there are other cool French movies they could be screening?

It's a Fifth Element Marathon, on the 5th of the 5th. They've done it
several times before.

Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?

<64559283@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=207&group=aus.tv#207

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: 6 May 2023 09:34:28 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Fri, 5 May 2023 23:34 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:
> Surely there are other cool French movies they could be screening?

I'm guessing that the bloke who wrote this is involved:
https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2011/11/21/my-favourite-film-fifth-element

In previous years I've found that does at least hold up well to
flicking into during ad breaks, but actually there wasn't much on
last night so I did end up watching it (once).

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?

<8d5b5i1kmal0hcomh9c5fd7fljkl933t1f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=208&group=aus.tv#208

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 09:48:44 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 5 May 2023 23:48 UTC

On 6 May 2023 09:34:28 +1000, not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd
Kev) wrote:

>Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:
>> Surely there are other cool French movies they could be screening?
>
>I'm guessing that the bloke who wrote this is involved:
>https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2011/11/21/my-favourite-film-fifth-element
>
>In previous years I've found that does at least hold up well to
>flicking into during ad breaks, but actually there wasn't much on
>last night so I did end up watching it (once).

A PVR is essential these days. I record everything, then use the
fast-forward button for the boring bits.

Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?

<op.14i45l1hbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=209&group=aus.tv#209

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 01:54:47 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 6 May 2023 15:54 UTC

On Sat, 06 May 2023 09:48:44 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On 6 May 2023 09:34:28 +1000, not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd
> Kev) wrote:
>
>> Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote:
>>> Surely there are other cool French movies they could be screening?
>>
>> I'm guessing that the bloke who wrote this is involved:
>> https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2011/11/21/my-favourite-film-fifth-element
>>
>> In previous years I've found that does at least hold up well to
>> flicking into during ad breaks, but actually there wasn't much on
>> last night so I did end up watching it (once).

> A PVR is essential these days. I record everything,

I used to but stopped last Nov.

> then use the
> fast-forward button for the boring bits.

You can still do that when using iview etc. I get all but
SBS ad free. Used to get SBS ad free too until last week.

Re: why is SBS repeating The Fifth Element all day?

<6456e037@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=210&group=aus.tv#210

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.tv
Date: 7 May 2023 09:18:15 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 6 May 2023 23:18 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
> On 6 May 2023 09:34:28 +1000, not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd
> Kev) wrote:
>>
>>In previous years I've found that does at least hold up well to
>>flicking into during ad breaks, but actually there wasn't much on
>>last night so I did end up watching it (once).
>
> A PVR is essential these days. I record everything, then use the
> fast-forward button for the boring bits.

I used to do more of that, but I've drifted out of it because
really I prefer to pick things to watch on TV that I feel like that
evening. I do usually record movies that SBS shows, and sometimes
use my second set-top-box to watch something else live at the same
time. Commercial TV has too many ads even for me to want to bother
with fast-forwarding, so I usually stick to ABC and SBS.
Unfortunately there's often nothing on so I watch more stuff on DVD
and from the internet (the latter are often the sorts of history
documentaries that ABC and SBS seem to have both lost interest in
these days).

--
__ __