What's so funny?

aus+uk / uk.people.silversurfers / Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

SubjectAuthor
* Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesFlyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
+* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesAbandoned_Trolley
|`* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesFlyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
| +* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitescharles
| |`* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesAbandoned_Trolley
| | `- Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesFlyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
| `- Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesPeter
+* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesIndy Jess John
|`- Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesFlyi?g ?u? 2?2? +
`* Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesRay
 `- Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sitesIndy Jess John

1
Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<iro6kfFmp43U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2108&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2108

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:36:09 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 10:36 UTC

When I try to enter a Scottish Wild Life Trust I get this error message
when using the Pale Moon browser on Nova:

"This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Pale Moon to connect securely to
scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk, but we can't confirm that your connection
is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present
trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place.
However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error
could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you
shouldn't continue."

On Nettie I use the 'Google Chrome' browser and can't get through there
either but the error message is completely different:

"Your clock is ahead

A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
2021 at 11:32:10)"

Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same error
messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
www.lrwt.org.uk site.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sj6omo$d1b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2109&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2109

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:42:30 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 10:42 UTC

> A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
> established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
> 2021 at 11:32:10)"
>
> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same error
> messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
> www.lrwt.org.uk site.

I have a live streaming pic of some water from
https://www.lrwt.org.uk/rutlandospreys here on my Opera browser ...

(but I can't hear the clock ticking Seagoon :-\)

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<iro7ooFmvpaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2111&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2111

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:55:29 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 10:55 UTC

Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
>> A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
>> established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
>> 2021 at 11:32:10)"
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
>> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same
>> error messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
>> www.lrwt.org.uk site.
>>

> I have a live streaming pic of some water from
> https://www.lrwt.org.uk/rutlandospreys here on my Opera browser ...
>
> (but I can't hear the clock ticking Seagoon :-\)

Ah! But hasn't one of you (Bluebottle?) got the time written down of a
piece of paper in his pocket? As far as I know, paper don't do ticking,
or tocking. Don't wander too far or the aforesaid might be forced to
squeal "He's fallen in the water!!!!!" ;)
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<5974901711charles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2112&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2112

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 12:34:56 +0100
 by: charles - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 11:34 UTC

In article <iro7ooFmvpaU1@mid.individual.net>,
Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + <flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com> wrote:
> Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
> >> A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
> >> established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
> >> 2021 at 11:32:10)"
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
> >> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same
> >> error messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
> >> www.lrwt.org.uk site.
> >>

> > I have a live streaming pic of some water from
> > https://www.lrwt.org.uk/rutlandospreys here on my Opera browser ...
> >
> > (but I can't hear the clock ticking Seagoon :-\)
> >
> Ah! But hasn't one of you (Bluebottle?) got the time written down of a
> piece of paper in his pocket? As far as I know, paper don't do ticking,
> or tocking. Don't wander too far or the aforesaid might be forced to
> squeal "He's fallen in the water!!!!!" ;)

exit through little hole in middle of record ..........

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sj747n$eah$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2113&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2113

From: fre...@fred-smith.co.uk (Abandoned_Trolley)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 14:59:17 +0100
 by: Abandoned_Trolley - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 13:59 UTC

>> Ah! But hasn't one of you (Bluebottle?) got the time written down of a
>> piece of paper in his pocket? As far as I know, paper don't do ticking,
>> or tocking. Don't wander too far or the aforesaid might be forced to
>> squeal "He's fallen in the water!!!!!" ;)
>
> exit through little hole in middle of record ..........

what have I started now ... ?

--
random signature text inserted here

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<irooutFq7gmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2114&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2114

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 16:48:53 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 15:48 UTC

Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
>>> Ah! But hasn't one of you (Bluebottle?) got the time written down
>>> of a piece of paper in his pocket? As far as I know, paper don't do
>>> ticking, or tocking. Don't wander too far or the aforesaid might
>>> be forced to squeal "He's fallen in the water!!!!!" ;)
>>
>> exit through little hole in middle of record ..........
>>

> what have I started now ... ?

Almost everything except provide a sensible answer to my question
serious. Incidetally apart from those two sites all others I visit,
including other wild life sites, are displayed OK
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sj7oov$o7e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2115&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2115

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 20:49:49 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 19:49 UTC

On 01/10/2021 11:36, Flyiñg Ñuñ 2°2¹ + wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same error
> messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
> www.lrwt.org.uk site.

I followed your link and tried to view the webcam using Firefox under XP
and got the simple message "Your browser can't play this video".

I have the ESR version which is the latest available for XP and I get a
similar error message on some of the Youtube clips. I think it means
that the video is using a format that isn't supported by the versions of
browser that are still reasonably usable on XP systems.

Jim

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<irph7oF6loU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2116&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2116

From: flying...@roseofwhite.plus.com (Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? +)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 23:43:04 +0100
 by: Flyi?g ?u? 2?2? + - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 22:43 UTC

Indy Jess John wrote:
> On 01/10/2021 11:36, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
>> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same
>> error messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
>> www.lrwt.org.uk site.
>
> I followed your link and tried to view the webcam using Firefox under
> XP and got the simple message "Your browser can't play this video".
>
> I have the ESR version which is the latest available for XP and I get
> a similar error message on some of the Youtube clips. I think it
> means that the video is using a format that isn't supported by the
> versions of browser that are still reasonably usable on XP systems.
>
> Jim

Maybe Jim. I occasionally get that too when trying to use Youtube, but
mostly my browser will play youtube. I find it strange that I was
getting through and playing the two particular pages late on the 30th
September but got the "Wrong time errors" from both sites on 1st October
even though my computer times were spot on.
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter.
FN 2�2�+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland..
flyingnun@roseofwhite.plus.com

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sj9046$58j$1@amos-jones.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2117&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2117

From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 07:01:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 07:01 UTC

On 1 Oct 2021 at 11:36:09 BST, "Name" <email> wrote:

> When I try to enter a Scottish Wild Life Trust I get this error message
> when using the Pale Moon browser on Nova:
>
> "This Connection is Untrusted
>
> You have asked Pale Moon to connect securely to
> scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk, but we can't confirm that your connection
> is secure.
> Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present
> trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place.
> However, this site's identity can't be verified.
> What Should I Do?
> If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error
> could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you
> shouldn't continue."
>
> On Nettie I use the 'Google Chrome' browser and can't get through there
> either but the error message is completely different:
>
> "Your clock is ahead
>
> A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
> established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
> 2021 at 11:32:10)"
>
> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same error
> messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
> www.lrwt.org.uk site.

Both sites use ssl certificates issued by Let's Encrypt, which has had
problems recently with renewing certificates.
It's well documented and the problems are at the web server.
One option which may solve your problem, is find a recent version of Frefox
that woks on XP.
Firefox uses it's own list of trusted certificates instead of those in
Windows.
The problems are mostly limited to older operating systems no longer receiving
updates.

--
A celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness.

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sj96qr$b73$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2121&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2121

From: bathwatc...@OMITTHISgooglemail.com (Indy Jess John)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 09:55:55 +0100
 by: Indy Jess John - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 08:55 UTC

On 02/10/2021 08:01, Ray wrote:

> One option which may solve your problem, is find a recent version of Firefox
> that works on XP.

I tried that (earlier in the thread) and couldn't see the video for
another reason. Whether that has anything to do with Let's Encrypt I
can't say.

Jim

Re: Can't reach Scottish or Rutland wildlife sites

<sja0s2$1tcm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2125&group=uk.people.silversurfers#2125

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:20:17 +0100
 by: Peter - Sat, 2 Oct 2021 16:20 UTC

Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + wrote:
> Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
>>> A private connection to scottishwildlife trust.org.uk can't be
>>> established because your computer's date and time (Friday, 1 October
>>> 2021 at 11:32:10)"
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me what that is all about or better still what, if
>>> anything, I can try to solve it. Incidentally the I get the same
>>> error messages when trying to open the Rutland Water osprey webcam on
>>> www.lrwt.org.uk site.
>>>

>> I have a live streaming pic of some water from
>> https://www.lrwt.org.uk/rutlandospreys here on my Opera browser ...
>>
>> (but I can't hear the clock ticking Seagoon :-\)
>>
> Ah! But hasn't one of you (Bluebottle?) got the time written down of a
> piece of paper in his pocket? As far as I know, paper don't do ticking,
> or tocking. Don't wander too far or the aforesaid might be forced to
> squeal "He's fallen in the water!!!!!" ;)

I like the bit along the lines of -

"My grandma has got one of those things that wakes you up in the morning
and makes you a cup of tea."

"Oh yeah. What's it called?"

"My grandad!"

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg