Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Subject: How to compare apples to oranges
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:45:17 +1100
 by: Ördög - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 21:45 UTC

The amazing wonders of political hype and media bias and hysterical
reporting.

~~~~
*Albo the Property Tycoon? Sorting Fact from Fiction.*
/Swollen Pickles, 24K subscribers, 3,853 views Premiered 13 hours ago/
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59ioEzpbec>

/The Politician as property owner is a true classic of the #auspol
genre. When Samantha Maiden wrote a piece on the rent that the PM was
collecting she caused a bit of a predictable stir. Running a story on
the PMs financial interests is fine, it’s how it’s done that separates
it from new and a hit piece."
Dutton’s Dream:
The Humble Brag: <https://youtube.com/watch?v=TmgOpu6-1S0>
~~~~

So Albo is yet again competing with Voldemort, but this this time for
the highly desired title of a most successful property tycoon of OZ. It
never seems to amaze me how reality can be bent out of all proportions
when it comes to populist rightwing journalism.

BTW I'd like to see that all non-job related moneys earned by
politicians during their terms in office should be taxed at a rate of
100% to stop these kind conflicts of interests. Tough luck to them, but
that would filter out all those self interested riffraff (like for
instance Voldemort) from those who are truly only working for the
benefit of people.

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

Re: How to compare apples to oranges

<tsekek$29lhu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21253&group=aus.politics#21253

From: gettingm...@nutcasewannabeFran.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: How to compare apples to oranges
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:25:56 +1100
 by: Fran - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 00:25 UTC

On 14/02/2023 8:45 am, Ördög wrote:
> The amazing wonders of political hype and media bias and hysterical
> reporting.

Yep. There really is nothing at all to see there.

> ~~~~
> *Albo the Property Tycoon? Sorting Fact from Fiction.*
> /Swollen Pickles, 24K subscribers, 3,853 views  Premiered 13 hours ago/
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59ioEzpbec>
>
> /The Politician as property owner is a true classic of the #auspol
> genre. When Samantha Maiden wrote a piece on the rent that the PM was
> collecting she caused a bit of a predictable stir. Running a story on
> the PMs financial interests is fine, it’s how it’s done that separates
> it from new and a hit piece."
> Dutton’s Dream:
> The Humble Brag: <https://youtube.com/watch?v=TmgOpu6-1S0>
> ~~~~
>
> So Albo is yet again competing with Voldemort, but this this time for
> the highly desired title of a most successful property tycoon of OZ. It
> never seems to amaze me how reality can be bent out of all proportions
> when it comes to populist rightwing journalism.
>
> BTW I'd like to see that all non-job related moneys earned by
> politicians during their terms in office should be taxed at a rate of
> 100% to stop these kind conflicts of interests. Tough luck to them, but
> that would filter out all those self interested riffraff (like for
> instance Voldemort) from those who are truly only working for the
> benefit of people.

Re: How to compare apples to oranges

<tseueo$2dcod$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21254&group=aus.politics#21254

From: suzy...@outlook.com (Woody S)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 11:16:40 +0800
 by: Woody S - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 03:16 UTC

Ördög wrote:

> BTW I'd like to see that all non-job related moneys earned by
> politicians during their terms in office should be taxed at a rate of
> 100% to stop these kind conflicts of interests. Tough luck to them, but
> that would filter out all those self interested riffraff (like for
> instance Voldemort) from those who are truly only working for the
> benefit of people.

Any pollies with negative-geared properties should be forced to let them
to housos from Mount Druitt.