From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: The Sacrificial Lamb.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 07:02:28 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 20:02 UTC

Now that the Great Unwashed are squealing over "high" interest rates,
and have now to pay for their excesses, the poor old fuddy-duddy
Keynesian governor of the Reserve Bank is about to be ditched to
assuage their anger.
Of course we all know the sub-Prime Minister of this current
interregnum is up to his nuts in the real estate game, and many others
are suspect.
But then, it was the only game in town given the flight to Asia of Oz
manufacturing and most other investments.
Yes Virginia, a fool causes more damage than a Rogue.

Re: The Sacrificial Lamb.

<op.10dst4mvbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21276&group=aus.politics#21276

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: The Sacrificial Lamb.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:26:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 00:26 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> Now that the Great Unwashed

Like you.

> are squealing over "high" interest rates,
> and have now to pay for their excesses, the poor old fuddy-duddy
> Keynesian

That's not Keynesian policy.

> governor of the Reserve Bank is about to be ditched to
> assuage their anger.

No chance of that, and even if that did happen,
it wouldnt change Reserve Bank policy.

> Of course we all know the sub-Prime Minister of this current
> interregnum is up to his nuts in the real estate game, and many others
> are suspect.

Only by fools.

> But then, it was the only game in town given the flight to Asia of Oz
> manufacturing

Because you useless bludgers are much more expensive.

> and most other investments.

BULLSHIT.

> Yes Virginia, a fool causes more damage than a Rogue.

You wouldn't know what a fool was if one bit you on your lard arse.

Re: The Sacrificial Lamb.

<8vcouhp40jpieblemm0vu53831meg4096a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21285&group=aus.politics#21285

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:31:32 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 01:31 UTC

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:26:18 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> Now that the Great Unwashed
>
>Like you.

Nay, Swamp Troll. I'm checked out before I leave home. The butler
has his instructions.

>> are squealing over "high" interest rates,
>> and have now to pay for their excesses, the poor old fuddy-duddy
>> Keynesian
>
>That's not Keynesian policy.

Oh yes it is. They lowered interest rates to stimulate the economy.
They stimulated speculation instead.

>> governor of the Reserve Bank is about to be ditched to
>> assuage their anger.
>
>No chance of that, and even if that did happen,
>it wouldnt change Reserve Bank policy.

We'll see.

>> Of course we all know the sub-Prime Minister of this current
>> interregnum is up to his nuts in the real estate game, and many others
>> are suspect.
>
>Only by fools.

Common sense.

>> But then, it was the only game in town given the flight to Asia of Oz
>> manufacturing
>
>Because you useless bludgers are much more expensive.

I don't suppose slave wages and lack of regulations has anything to do
with it?"

>> and most other investments.
>
>BULLSHIT.

We might discuss your specialty and experience in private. I'll bring
a bull!

>> Yes Virginia, a fool causes more damage than a Rogue.
>
>You wouldn't know what a fool was if one bit you on your lard arse.

......take a deeep breath..!

Re: The Sacrificial Lamb.

<op.10d164bzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21289&group=aus.politics#21289

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 14:48:30 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 15 Feb 2023 03:48 UTC

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:31:32 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:26:18 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>>
>>> Now that the Great Unwashed
>>
>> Like you.
>
> Nay, Swamp Troll. I'm checked out before I leave home. The butler
> has his instructions.
>>
>>> are squealing over "high" interest rates,
>>> and have now to pay for their excesses, the poor old fuddy-duddy
>>> Keynesian
>>
>> That's not Keynesian policy.
>
> Oh yes it is. They lowered interest rates to stimulate the economy.

That's not Keynesian policy. He was on about GOVERMENT
SPENDING during a time of depression and he was right
about that, that that approach would work. It did in the USA
and didn't in the UK because the UK was too stupid to do that.

> They stimulated speculation instead.

There is no instead, both happened.

>>> governor of the Reserve Bank is about to be ditched to
>>> assuage their anger.

>> No chance of that, and even if that did happen,
>> it wouldnt change Reserve Bank policy.

> We'll see.

Yep, He won't be sacked, you watch.

>>> Of course we all know the sub-Prime Minister of this current
>>> interregnum is up to his nuts in the real estate game, and many others
>>> are suspect.

>> Only by fools.

> Common sense.

Just another mindless conspiracy theory. They wouldnt be
hiking interest rates deliberately given that that produces
a DROP in property values given that there are fewer buyers
that can affort the mortgage payments and can't get a mortgage
and plenty already in over their heads no longer able to pay
their mortgage and so need to sell their property.

And thos in the real estate game would have to pay much
higher mortgage rates as well.

>>> But then, it was the only game in town given the flight to Asia of Oz
>>> manufacturing

>> Because you useless bludgers are much more expensive.

> I don't suppose slave wages

None of them pay slave wages. The wages they pay
are much better than anywhere else they can work,
thats why they choose to work there, stupid.

> and lack of regulations

That's always been the case in places like that.

> has anything to do with it?"

Nothing to do with your stupid claim about why
that happened. It happened because those countrys
got their act into gear and started manufacturing for
export and delivered goods that the world chose to buy.

>>> and most other investments.

>> BULLSHIT.

> We might discuss your specialty and experience in private. I'll bring
> a bull!

The only thing you ever bring is more bullshit.

>>> Yes Virginia, a fool causes more damage than a Rogue.

>> You wouldn't know what a fool was if one bit you on your lard arse.

> .....take a deeep breath..!

Yet more of your mindless bullshit.