If Roosevelt were alive, he'd turn over in his grave. -Samuel Goldwyn

aus+uk / aus.politics / Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

SubjectAuthor
* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborÖrdög
`* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborPeter Jason
 `* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborRod Speed
  `* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborPeter Jason
   `* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborRod Speed
    `* Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborPeter Jason
     `- Smoke and mirrors ... this time from LaborRod Speed

1
Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<wxeHL.3409154$MJk2.3335974@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21300&group=aus.politics#21300

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Subject: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:12:10 +1100
 by: Ördög - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 00:12 UTC

*Honest Government Ad | the Safeguard Mechanism*
/thejuicemedia, 920K subscribers, 81,541 views 15 Feb 2023/
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrkE_VaMD4k>

"The Australien Government has made an ad about the Safeguard Mechanism
- its central climate policy for this decade - and it is surprisingly
honest and informative."
~~~

It is very sad to see how Labor fails to do what needs to be done and
what the majority of Australians want them to do on the climate change
issue. I suppose, they are still trying to play small target fearing a
consorted effort by the fossil fuel sector with their greedy
billionaires, the Murdoch media and LNP/ON politicians to yet again
trash Labor with a Tony Abbot style scare campaign in the eyes of the
voters regarding non-renewable energy generation.

I do understand that Labor finds itself between a rock and hard place
but being gutless in making some very necessary and long overdue
decisions regarding the environment won't earn them brownie points in
the eyes of the Labor voters.

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<siftuhd3b29qe05pkhm67cob8jnha91hsi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21314&group=aus.politics#21314

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:47:47 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 16 Feb 2023 23:47 UTC

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:12:10 +1100, Ördög
<newsgroup.devil@Hell.Incorporated.biz> wrote:

>*Honest Government Ad | the Safeguard Mechanism*
>/thejuicemedia, 920K subscribers, 81,541 views 15 Feb 2023/
><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrkE_VaMD4k>
>
>"The Australien Government has made an ad about the Safeguard Mechanism
>- its central climate policy for this decade - and it is surprisingly
>honest and informative."

No it's not.

The silly bimbos have not given any alternatives.

Like stop having all those babies. Every baby born is a sure-fire
CO2 emitter. And the cause of all those "maternity leaves" that
result in reduced efficiencies.

The current imbroglio is a DIRECT result of rampant Populism and
expansionary economics.

I guess one CAN fool all of the people ALL of the time!

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<op.10hlikefbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21318&group=aus.politics#21318

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:38:34 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 01:38 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:47:47 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:12:10 +1100, Ördög
> <newsgroup.devil@Hell.Incorporated.biz> wrote:
>
>> *Honest Government Ad | the Safeguard Mechanism*
>> /thejuicemedia, 920K subscribers, 81,541 views 15 Feb 2023/
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrkE_VaMD4k>
>>
>> "The Australien Government has made an ad about the Safeguard Mechanism
>> - its central climate policy for this decade - and it is surprisingly
>> honest and informative."
>
> No it's not.
>
> The silly bimbos have not given any alternatives.
>
> Like stop having all those babies. Every baby born is a sure-fire
> CO2 emitter. And the cause of all those "maternity leaves" that
> result in reduced efficiencies.

Even if we shut down all power generation tomorrow,
and banned all cars, planes, trains and walking, and
all new kids and killed very single person and pet and
wild animal in the entire country, that would have no
measurable effect on the amount of CO2 in the
atmosphere.

> The current imbroglio

There is no imbroglio.

> is a DIRECT result of rampant Populism

Bullshit given how little has happened CO2 wise.

> and
> expansionary economics.

And that in spades.

> I guess one CAN fool all of the people ALL of the time!

Nope, dope.

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<p7qtuh5s2iah8ofjjpm891dae2657c29m2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21319&group=aus.politics#21319

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:53:18 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 02:53 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:38:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:47:47 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 11:12:10 +1100, Ördög
>> <newsgroup.devil@Hell.Incorporated.biz> wrote:
>>
>>> *Honest Government Ad | the Safeguard Mechanism*
>>> /thejuicemedia, 920K subscribers, 81,541 views 15 Feb 2023/
>>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrkE_VaMD4k>
>>>
>>> "The Australien Government has made an ad about the Safeguard Mechanism
>>> - its central climate policy for this decade - and it is surprisingly
>>> honest and informative."
>>
>> No it's not.
>>
>> The silly bimbos have not given any alternatives.
>>
>> Like stop having all those babies. Every baby born is a sure-fire
>> CO2 emitter. And the cause of all those "maternity leaves" that
>> result in reduced efficiencies.
>
>Even if we shut down all power generation tomorrow,
>and banned all cars, planes, trains and walking, and
>all new kids and killed very single person and pet and
>wild animal in the entire country, that would have no
>measurable effect on the amount of CO2 in the
>atmosphere.

Yes I agree, but for some reason the world is obsessed with CO2.

>> The current imbroglio
>
>There is no imbroglio.

The world is full of it. Read this.....
https://tinyurl.com/2ftruu4r
....which invites a question: why is there no GST on food? A GST might
result in less waste.

and this....
https://insinkerator.emerson.com/en-us/insinkerator-products/garbage-disposals/power-series
.... a device I'm thinking of getting, the big one of course, to grind
up and flush all kitchen waste...even bones and dead mice, thereby
easing the load on land fill. I fear thy balk on tin cans, though.

>> is a DIRECT result of rampant Populism
>
>Bullshit given how little has happened CO2 wise.

I've heard there's a sniffer atop Hawaii measuring the gas and this
shows a small incremental CO2 rise each year. Might be fake news
though.

>> and
>> expansionary economics.
>
>And that in spades.
>
>> I guess one CAN fool all of the people ALL of the time!
>
>Nope, dope.

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<op.10hrfpndbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21320&group=aus.politics#21320

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:46:27 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 03:46 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:53:18 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:38:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 10:47:47 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> No it's not.
>>>
>>> The silly bimbos have not given any alternatives.
>>>
>>> Like stop having all those babies. Every baby born is a sure-fire
>>> CO2 emitter. And the cause of all those "maternity leaves" that
>>> result in reduced efficiencies.
>>
>> Even if we shut down all power generation tomorrow,
>> and banned all cars, planes, trains and walking, and
>> all new kids and killed very single person and pet and
>> wild animal in the entire country, that would have no
>> measurable effect on the amount of CO2 in the
>> atmosphere.
>
> Yes I agree,

So no point in discouraging more kids as you stupidly proposed.

> but for some reason the world is obsessed with CO2.

>>> The current imbroglio
>>
>> There is no imbroglio.

> The world is full of it.

Bullshit.

> Read this.....
> https://tinyurl.com/2ftruu4r
> ...which invites a question: why is there no GST on food?

Because that's what it took to get the voters for agree to a GST.

We were one of the very few that ever put that to the vote.

> A GST might
> result in less waste.

Bullshit given that food waste is inevitable.

> and this....
> https://insinkerator.emerson.com/en-us/insinkerator-products/garbage-disposals/power-series
> ... a device I'm thinking of getting, the big one of course, to grind
> up and flush all kitchen waste...even bones and dead mice, thereby
> easing the load on land fill.

But comprehensively fucking up the waste water system.

> I fear thy balk on tin cans, though.

>>> is a DIRECT result of rampant Populism

>> Bullshit given how little has happened CO2 wise.

> I've heard there's a sniffer atop Hawaii measuring the gas and this
> shows a small incremental CO2 rise each year.

Yes it does and the increase isnt that small since
the industrial revolution, but there has been sweet
fuck all change in the world climate since then and
quite a bit of it is a significant improvement. The
Thames no longer freezes over and thats not a bad thing.

> Might be fake news
> though.

Nope.

>>> and
>>> expansionary economics.
>>
>> And that in spades.
>>
>>> I guess one CAN fool all of the people ALL of the time!
>>
>> Nope, dope.

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<md05vh1jukarjkhoi9oehhd7a1f7vm6qgn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21370&group=aus.politics#21370

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 07:18:08 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 20:18 UTC

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:46:27 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:53:18 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:38:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Even if we shut down all power generation tomorrow,
>>> and banned all cars, planes, trains and walking, and
>>> all new kids and killed very single person and pet and
>>> wild animal in the entire country, that would have no
>>> measurable effect on the amount of CO2 in the
>>> atmosphere.
>>
>> Yes I agree,
>
>So no point in discouraging more kids as you stupidly proposed.

Nevertheless, the having and raising of children is the most expensive
and time-consuming thing possible. Now the poor taxpayer is beginning
to pay for it with these "child-care" centres, and "maternity leaves".
What on Earth or Mars do they think grandparents are for?

>> but for some reason the world is obsessed with CO2.

>>> There is no imbroglio.
>
>> The world is full of it.
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> Read this.....
>> https://tinyurl.com/2ftruu4r
>> ...which invites a question: why is there no GST on food?
>
>Because that's what it took to get the voters for agree to a GST.
>
>We were one of the very few that ever put that to the vote.

Ha! Clever of Johnny Howard to finally introduce a consumption tax.
Since most of the Ozzites are pot-bellied and rife with excess, a food
GST is screaming out for introduction. Admit it! Face the facts!

>> A GST might
>> result in less waste.
>
>Bullshit given that food waste is inevitable.

No, it's not. At least it could be vastly reduced.

>> and this....
>> https://insinkerator.emerson.com/en-us/insinkerator-products/garbage-disposals/power-series
>> ... a device I'm thinking of getting, the big one of course, to grind
>> up and flush all kitchen waste...even bones and dead mice, thereby
>> easing the load on land fill.
>
>But comprehensively fucking up the waste water system.

O rubbish! We have sewage systems in Vic, does raw sewage course
down Sydney gutters?

>> I fear thy balk on tin cans, though.

>>> Bullshit given how little has happened CO2 wise.
>
>> I've heard there's a sniffer atop Hawaii measuring the gas and this
>> shows a small incremental CO2 rise each year.
>
>Yes it does and the increase isnt that small since
>the industrial revolution, but there has been sweet
>fuck all change in the world climate since then and
>quite a bit of it is a significant improvement. The
>Thames no longer freezes over and thats not a bad thing.
>
>> Might be fake news
>> though.
>
>Nope.

>>> And that in spades.

>>> Nope, dope.

Re: Smoke and mirrors ... this time from Labor

<op.10mta8vebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21371&group=aus.politics#21371

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 08:14:58 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:14 UTC

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 07:18:08 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 14:46:27 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 13:53:18 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

>>> Yes I agree,
>>
>> So no point in discouraging more kids as you stupidly proposed.

> Nevertheless, the having and raising of children is the most expensive
> and time-consuming thing possible.

But irrelevant to CO2.

> Now the poor taxpayer is beginning
> to pay for it with these "child-care" centres,

They always did, either directly or indirectly.

> and "maternity leaves".

The taxpayer isnt paying for that.

> What on Earth or Mars do they think grandparents are for?

Plenty don't have any that can do either.

We never did. Dad's parents were dead and my Mother's
were on the other side of the country.

>>> but for some reason the world is obsessed with CO2.

>>> The world is full of it.
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> Read this.....
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2ftruu4r
>>> ...which invites a question: why is there no GST on food?
>>
>> Because that's what it took to get the voters for agree to a GST.
>>
>> We were one of the very few that ever put that to the vote.

> Ha! Clever of Johnny Howard to finally introduce a consumption tax.
> Since most of the Ozzites are pot-bellied and rife with excess, a food
> GST is screaming out for introduction.

Politically impossible. And wouldnt make any difference
to what you are hyperventilating about anyway.

> Admit it!

Nothing to admit.

> Face the facts!

You wouldn't know what a relevant fact was if it
bit you on your lard arse.

>>> A GST might
>>> result in less waste.
>>
>> Bullshit given that food waste is inevitable.
>
> No, it's not.

Corse it is. It will never be possible for all that
leaves the paddock to be eaten.

> At least it could be vastly reduced.

Bullshit.

>>> and this....
>>> https://insinkerator.emerson.com/en-us/insinkerator-products/garbage-disposals/power-series
>>> ... a device I'm thinking of getting, the big one of course, to grind
>>> up and flush all kitchen waste...even bones and dead mice, thereby
>>> easing the load on land fill.
>>
>> But comprehensively fucking up the waste water system.

> O rubbish! We have sewage systems in Vic,

Which get fucked up by fools like you dumping food waste
into that instead of just composting it or doing that at the
rubbish dump.

> does raw sewage course
> down Sydney gutters?

Irrelevant to what stupidly putting food waste down
the sink does to the waste water system.