Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

<wiggy> in a stunning new move I actually tested this upload


aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Ian as Adam!

SubjectAuthor
* Ian as Adam!J. P. Gilliver
`* Re: Ian as Adam!Jenny M Benson
 `* Re: Ian as Adam!J. P. Gilliver
  `- Re: Ian as Adam!Mike McMillan

1
Ian as Adam!

<$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21416&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21416

  copy link   Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.bbs.nz!newsfeed.endofthelinebbs.com!panix!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!border-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.brightview.co.uk!news.brightview.co.uk.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:33:48 +0000
Message-ID: <$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:27:54 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Ian as Adam!
Organization: 255 software
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed
User-Agent: Turnpike/6.07-M (<3dxiwTmZ8$a+QCJVACA+QtEh1U>)
X-Antivirus: AVG (VPS 240217-0, 2024-2-17), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
Lines: 10
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-Wd7l1wl7ifrzpjwfD0GibG4poDRQC4NYvzWaRXEHFzX2w2i2mQV33IOL9n4JodpnvDIoR6Cd3PEtueh!/rwnHDYTdVvFc2+Y1m9A3t/FQyLkqTAmy6Bue2AA+wwmRVnxAsKgfckyNKgqDhx8mhySkWm0
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:27 UTC

From today's page in RT - "Ian" will be in tonight's Casualty - under
the name Adam!
(Stephen Kennedy)
As well as someone else (Joe McGann) in a guest part, apparently his
seventh (he apparently first appeared in 1989, most recently in 2019).
This time as Mr. Newberry (I won't give the _slight_ spoiler RT does).
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

Only dirty people need wash

Re: Ian as Adam!

<l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21417&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21417

  copy link   Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Ian as Adam!
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:46:22 +0000
Organization: All-Round Good Egg
Lines: 16
Message-ID: <l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net>
References: <$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net OCbyrRdKWQVDPlppf+rNswpJfU+21c5snumV0alZu0U+rDQ4J3
Cancel-Lock: sha1:2K0uDZshgZL6TMiqdCWyHHQWjsU= sha256:PMzJyscGJJZ+NeXRoSpm7WO7U0JZOBGBSmj3N74cQ+A=
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Content-Language: en-GB
In-Reply-To: <$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk>
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:46 UTC

On 17/02/2024 10:27, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
> From today's page in RT - "Ian" will be in tonight's Casualty - under
> the name Adam!

I've always thought there should be more interaction between soaps - er,
I mean long-running dramas. For example, someone from Ambridge staying
in London and visiting the market near Albert Square (1) or someone from
Emmerdale getting ill while away from home and going to Casualty.

(1) Is there still such a market? I'm thinking back to when I used to
watch, so probably about 1987!

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Ian as Adam!

<oQcBibsKUL0lFw6y@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21418&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21418

  copy link   Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.27.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.brightview.co.uk!news.brightview.co.uk.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:33:57 +0000
Message-ID: <oQcBibsKUL0lFw6y@255soft.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:30:50 +0000
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Ian as Adam!
References: <$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk> <l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net>
Organization: 255 software
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed
User-Agent: Turnpike/6.07-M (<Twyiwnp58$qa2DJVK2N+Q9yv8F>)
X-Antivirus: AVG (VPS 240217-0, 2024-2-17), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
Lines: 38
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-vmaNXhKuixhzUbfJWGORitDQ2FRXDpxvIYkYOg4MusxR8aBsjy1JmW2j5WCsXfAFxG3HncLckNi7+Nf!aDJ9KuJATrvBOINt0X4fDrvLOt7jQrs3GhaD0onL0MV8FgVY59iSxUIZdidCP6yywkETp/em
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Received-Bytes: 3009
 by: J. P. Gilliver - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:30 UTC

In message <l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net> at Sat, 17 Feb 2024
10:46:22, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> writes
>On 17/02/2024 10:27, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>> From today's page in RT - "Ian" will be in tonight's Casualty -
>>under the name Adam!
>
>I've always thought there should be more interaction between soaps -

Yes! The Americans manage it - though mostly only through franchises
that have split from a common origin (CSI/NCIS New York characters might
turn up in CSI/NCIS New Orleans, for example, or they might even do an
episode that covers both locations [and casts]).

Though tonight's isn't Ian, just his best friend.

>er, I mean long-running dramas. For example, someone from Ambridge
>staying in London and visiting the market near Albert Square (1) or
>someone from Emmerdale getting ill while away from home and going to
>Casualty.

I guess the big difficulty would be continuity inconsistencies. Most of
us probably wouldn't mind, but there would always be people who'd report
such with glee. (Often without malice, but still.)
>
>(1) Is there still such a market? I'm thinking back to when I used to
>watch, so probably about 1987!
>
I never did. I never forgave the Radio Times for misleading me with the
introductory feature; also, the odd time I've seen part of an episode,
I've found it to involve unpleasant people.

(Whenever I type episode, I start off typing eposi- ...)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

.... the pleasure of the mind is an amazing thing. My life has been driven by
the satisfaction of curiosity. - Jeremy Paxman (being interviewed by Anne
Widdecombe), Radio Times, 2-8 July 2011.

Re: Ian as Adam!

<uqqk0f$fkgh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21419&group=uk.media.radio.archers#21419

  copy link   Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.hispagatos.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Ian as Adam!
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:39:59 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 40
Message-ID: <uqqk0f$fkgh$1@dont-email.me>
References: <$Skki1qqoI0lFwJo@255soft.uk>
<l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net>
<oQcBibsKUL0lFw6y@255soft.uk>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:39:59 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="0abe6f434513e4a9423391253a14a3a1";
logging-data="512529"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+KHvdN5FoZjXYZaoBziy5o"
User-Agent: NewsTap/5.5 (iPad)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:M4gXUIA9OhFi3g0nq3QXtx2/zKE=
sha1:6kTnOmW4POlR0s0YrXgzXycS5lM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:39 UTC

J. P. Gilliver <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <l3bh40Fih9U1@mid.individual.net> at Sat, 17 Feb 2024
> 10:46:22, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> writes
>> On 17/02/2024 10:27, J. P. Gilliver wrote:
>>> From today's page in RT - "Ian" will be in tonight's Casualty -
>>> under the name Adam!
>>
>> I've always thought there should be more interaction between soaps -
>
> Yes! The Americans manage it - though mostly only through franchises
> that have split from a common origin (CSI/NCIS New York characters might
> turn up in CSI/NCIS New Orleans, for example, or they might even do an
> episode that covers both locations [and casts]).
>
> Though tonight's isn't Ian, just his best friend.
>
>> er, I mean long-running dramas. For example, someone from Ambridge
>> staying in London and visiting the market near Albert Square (1) or
>> someone from Emmerdale getting ill while away from home and going to
>> Casualty.
>
> I guess the big difficulty would be continuity inconsistencies. Most of
> us probably wouldn't mind, but there would always be people who'd report
> such with glee. (Often without malice, but still.)
>>
>> (1) Is there still such a market? I'm thinking back to when I used to
>> watch, so probably about 1987!
>>
> I never did. I never forgave the Radio Times for misleading me with the
> introductory feature; also, the odd time I've seen part of an episode,
> I've found it to involve unpleasant people.
>
> (Whenever I type episode, I start off typing eposi- ...)

Shirley, no problem would be insurmountable! A quick scene change to
someone emerging from a shower and Bob is your episodical confluence of
artistic time warped ineptitude-soaked red herrings!😊

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan


aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Ian as Adam!

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor