aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Carburettor size testing

SubjectAuthor
* Carburettor size testingNoddy
+* Re: Carburettor size testingjonz
|`* Re: Carburettor size testingNoddy
| +* Re: Carburettor size testingYosemite Sam
| |`* Re: Carburettor size testingClocky
| | `* Re: Carburettor size testingjonz
| |  +* Re: Carburettor size testingDaryl
| |  |`* Re: Carburettor size testingNoddy
| |  | +* Re: Carburettor size testingDaryl
| |  | |`* Re: Carburettor size testingNoddy
| |  | | +- Re: Carburettor size testingXeno
| |  | | +- Re: Carburettor size testingalvey
| |  | | `- Re: Carburettor size testingClocky
| |  | `- Re: Carburettor size testingXeno
| |  `* Re: Carburettor size testingNoddy
| |   `* Re: Carburettor size testingalvey
| |    `- Re: Carburettor size testingYosemite Sam
| +* Re: Carburettor size testingXeno
| |+* Re: Carburettor size testingClocky
| ||+- Re: Carburettor size testingXeno
| ||`- Re: Carburettor size testingFreddy Frog
| |`- Re: Carburettor size testingJoe Blow
| `- Re: Carburettor size testingalvey
+* Re: Carburettor size testingClocky
|`* Re: Carburettor size testingFred Nurk
| +* Re: Carburettor size testingNoddy
| |`* Re: Carburettor size testingXeno
| | `- Re: Carburettor size testingTommy Tank Engine
| `- Re: Carburettor size testingClocky
`- Re: Carburettor size testingalvey

Pages:12
Re: Carburettor size testing

<k12qhhFih16U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21478&group=aus.cars#21478

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Carburettor size testing
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 23:18:56 +1100
 by: Xeno - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:18 UTC

On 28/12/2022 10:00 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 28/12/2022 9:50 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 28/12/2022 9:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Oddly enough that engine has yet to see a day on the street and he's
>>> changed his mind about it where he now wants to run a blower with a
>>> sniper type of injector, and it looks like I'll be making a manifold
>>> for it some time soon.
>>>
>>> Oh boy. More dyno time :)
>>>

>> LOL, time consuming but its the best way to sort any engine.
>> I've mentioned it before but who would think that a 350 Holley set up
>> for a red Holden 6 on a bodged up Holden inlet manifold would work
>> very well on an XJ6 Jag engine, dramatically improved idle, power and
>> economy, the bloke who did it as a bit of a joke was astounded by the
>> results.
>
> Heh :)
>
> You can always pick people who don't know carburettors very well, as
> they're the ones who have no idea that carbs have a sweet spot where
> they work really well at a certain point, but are progressively
> shithouse everywhere else :)
>
>> Just because something won't work in theory doesn't mean that it won't
>> work in practice.
>
> Theory and practice are often completely unrelated. Look at Clasener for
> example. Has all the theoretical answers, but then it comes to practice,
> well.... :)

Seen no *proof* of anything you claim! You might like to start by
proving your qualifications. After all, it's what *you boast about*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Carburettor size testing

<vo1rL.135244$iU59.111923@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21479&group=aus.cars#21479

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:10:03 GMT
 by: alvey - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:10 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote in news:toh7ks$3um30$1@dont-email.me:

> On 28/12/2022 9:50 pm, Daryl wrote:

snip dribble

>> Just because something won't work in theory doesn't mean that it won't
>> work in practice.
>
> Theory and practice are often completely unrelated.

It's a competition to see who can make the stupidest statement!
My money is on The Fraudster because of his vast experience.

Re: Carburettor size testing

<3D1rL.380278$GNG9.230495@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21480&group=aus.cars#21480

Newsgroups: aus.cars
From: Patty.O....@Coast.org (alvey)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:25:35 GMT
 by: alvey - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:25 UTC

Noddy <me@home.com> wrote in news:toh2tj$3u93b$1@dont-email.me:

snip irrelevant and Borrring!

C'mon Fraudster! Let's have one of your fables for the holiday period!
It's been a while since you plopped one out. Why is that Fraudster?

> The bloke is a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about
lol! Says the storyteller whose childhood was either "dirt poor", or
dripping with cars, holiday homes, Scalextric tracks, piano lessons,
kindergarten time etc, dependant on which way the thread was flowing.
What a buffoon!

Re: Carburettor size testing

<k14ga4Fqm2sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21482&group=aus.cars#21482

From: fel...@goaway.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 14:36:35 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 03:36 UTC

On 29/12/2022 7:25 am, alvey wrote:
> Noddy<me@home.com> wrote innews:toh2tj$3u93b$1@dont-email.me:
>

> snip irrelevant and Borrring!
>
> C'mon Fraudster! Let's have one of your fables for the holiday period!
> It's been a while since you plopped one out. Why is that Fraudster?
>
>> The bloke is a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about
>
> lol! Says the storyteller whose childhood was either "dirt poor", or
> dripping with cars, holiday homes, Scalextric tracks, piano lessons,
> kindergarten time etc, dependant on which way the thread was flowing.
> What a buffoon!

lol! yes, it must be time for a another noddy story to be contradicted
at a later date, eg. I had/never have had diabetes. or maybe some
holiday snaps at his property on the gold coast would be nice? that
would be more interesting than pics of a blue trailer, or cable ties,
sans coloured ones, of course. :)

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Re: Carburettor size testing

<toj5cc$7n2b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21483&group=aus.cars#21483

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 12:34:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 04:34 UTC

On 28/12/2022 7:00 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 28/12/2022 9:50 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 28/12/2022 9:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> Oddly enough that engine has yet to see a day on the street and he's
>>> changed his mind about it where he now wants to run a blower with a
>>> sniper type of injector, and it looks like I'll be making a manifold
>>> for it some time soon.
>>>
>>> Oh boy. More dyno time :)
>>>

>> LOL, time consuming but its the best way to sort any engine.
>> I've mentioned it before but who would think that a 350 Holley set up
>> for a red Holden 6 on a bodged up Holden inlet manifold would work
>> very well on an XJ6 Jag engine, dramatically improved idle, power and
>> economy, the bloke who did it as a bit of a joke was astounded by the
>> results.
>
> Heh :)
>
> You can always pick people who don't know carburettors very well, as
> they're the ones who have no idea that carbs have a sweet spot where
> they work really well at a certain point, but are progressively
> shithouse everywhere else :)
>
>> Just because something won't work in theory doesn't mean that it won't
>> work in practice.
>
> Theory and practice are often completely unrelated. Look at Clasener for
> example. Has all the theoretical answers, but then it comes to practice,
> well.... :)

Look at you... no theoretical understanding, no qualifications and as a
result incompetent in practice.

You're all noise.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if