From: newsforp...@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Clutching at the AA (Not AA)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 09:50:35 +0100
 by: nev young - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 08:50 UTC

On 25/06/2023 14:28, maus wrote:
> On 2023-06-25, Brian Gaff <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> No the shit is going to hit the fan big time and with a bit of luck the
>> large arrogant companies will get their bums bitten like when Musk tried to
>> run Twitter.
>
> I dunno if AA here is the same company as the AA there, but it seems the
> same. I had AArecovery for for that, when I still drove, and I abhor
> Apps, so I would just ring up to renew, and the girl the other end would
> ask me if I wanted `other services', I didnt, but she would have to read
> them out. I understood that answering the phone at the AA was on of
> worst jobs going.

Snot just the AA! I recently contacted the RAC to renew my car in sewer
ants.

With my debit crad at the ready I'm told they will just use the crad
details they have on file from last year using a continuous credit
payment. I do not allow continous payments to be set up on my crad,
ever! They had my crad number as 9999 9999 9999 9999 which you will not
be surprised is not my crad number. That's how they cancelled the
continuous credit last year (and the year before rinse and repeat). So
I'm ready to part with my zu using my debit crad. Told they can't take
payment that way. They have to set up a new continuous payment, wait a
while, take the renewal fee, then cancel the continuous credit.

An hour of my life wasted. I wonder if I can in sewer via ama zone
prime? That only takes a few seconds to take my zu. :-)

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse