While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correctness never does.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

SubjectAuthor
* Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclistMike Collins
 +* Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclistJNugent
 |`- Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclistMike Collins
 `- Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclistswldx...@gmail.com

1
Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

<af8bf352-0171-4264-abcd-308efd90a19cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2130&group=uk.rec.cycling#2130

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!4.us.feeder.erje.net!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!feeds.phibee-telecom.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed9.news.xs4all.nl!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 06:54:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 13:54 UTC

A MAN is to stand trial accused of killing a cyclist.

Gareth Robbins, 32, of Clos Gwaith Dur, Ebbw Vale, has been charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of father-of-two Paul Heenan.

He is alleged to have been responsible for his death whilst the defendant was driving a Peugeot 208 car at the Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, on April 11, 2020.

Robbins denied the allegation during a hearing at Newport Crown Court after pleading not guilty.

Judge Daniel Williams set a trial date of March 28, 2022, with the case expected to last five days.

The defendant was represented by Jenny Yeo and the prosecution by Gareth James.

Robbins was granted unconditional bail.

Following the death of Mr Heenan, 40, who was from the Abertysswg area of Caerphilly, he was described by his loved ones as "a man who was so full of life and love for his family".

“The sudden passing of Paul in such devastating circumstances will leave an emptiness that will never be filled," his family said in a tribute..

They added: "Our time together may have been short, but the happiness we shared together will last a lifetime, and Paul will live on in our children (Olivia, aged five; and Cody, aged six months).”

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19508595.ebbw-vale-man-denies-killing-father-of-two-cyclist/

Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

<22403c69-ee4a-46b0-aac8-9b43773c7c1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2160&group=uk.rec.cycling#2160

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 06:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 13:40 UTC

On Thursday, 12 August 2021 at 14:54:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A MAN is to stand trial accused of killing a cyclist.
>
> Gareth Robbins, 32, of Clos Gwaith Dur, Ebbw Vale, has been charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of father-of-two Paul Heenan.
>
> He is alleged to have been responsible for his death whilst the defendant was driving a Peugeot 208 car at the Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, on April 11, 2020.
>
> Robbins denied the allegation during a hearing at Newport Crown Court after pleading not guilty.
>
> Judge Daniel Williams set a trial date of March 28, 2022, with the case expected to last five days.
>
> The defendant was represented by Jenny Yeo and the prosecution by Gareth James.
>
> Robbins was granted unconditional bail.
>
> Following the death of Mr Heenan, 40, who was from the Abertysswg area of Caerphilly, he was described by his loved ones as "a man who was so full of life and love for his family".
>
> “The sudden passing of Paul in such devastating circumstances will leave an emptiness that will never be filled," his family said in a tribute.
>
> They added: "Our time together may have been short, but the happiness we shared together will last a lifetime, and Paul will live on in our children (Olivia, aged five; and Cody, aged six months).”
>
> https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19508595.ebbw-vale-man-denies-killing-father-of-two-cyclist/

Would the alleged crime be less serious if the victim had no children?

Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

<insmhlFre8nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2161&group=uk.rec.cycling#2161

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:27:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 14:27 UTC

On 15/08/2021 02:40 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 August 2021 at 14:54:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A MAN is to stand trial accused of killing a cyclist.
>>
>> Gareth Robbins, 32, of Clos Gwaith Dur, Ebbw Vale, has been charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of father-of-two Paul Heenan.
>> He is alleged to have been responsible for his death whilst the defendant was driving a Peugeot 208 car at the Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, on April 11, 2020.
>> Robbins denied the allegation during a hearing at Newport Crown Court after pleading not guilty.
>> Judge Daniel Williams set a trial date of March 28, 2022, with the case expected to last five days.
>> The defendant was represented by Jenny Yeo and the prosecution by Gareth James.
>> Robbins was granted unconditional bail.
>> Following the death of Mr Heenan, 40, who was from the Abertysswg area of Caerphilly, he was described by his loved ones as "a man who was so full of life and love for his family".
>> “The sudden passing of Paul in such devastating circumstances will leave an emptiness that will never be filled," his family said in a tribute.
>> They added: "Our time together may have been short, but the happiness we shared together will last a lifetime, and Paul will live on in our children (Olivia, aged five; and Cody, aged six months).”

>> https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19508595.ebbw-vale-man-denies-killing-father-of-two-cyclist/
>
> Would the alleged crime be less serious if the victim had no children?

"Victim impact statement".

It's all the rage ATM.

And why not?

Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

<d1e9f6c2-2f6c-4305-9352-c8fd7390b44fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2165&group=uk.rec.cycling#2165

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 08:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:59 UTC

On Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 2:40:19 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> > They added: "Our time together may have been short, but the happiness we shared together will last a lifetime, and Paul will live on in our children (Olivia, aged five; and Cody, aged six months).”
> >
> > https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19508595.ebbw-vale-man-denies-killing-father-of-two-cyclist/
> Would the alleged crime be less serious if the victim had no children?

You're lucky that the piece doesn't mention the defendant's house value. They usually do.

Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist

<a9d56eca-b155-4212-85d4-d19bfde89573n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2166&group=uk.rec.cycling#2166

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 10:42:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 17:42 UTC

On Sunday, 15 August 2021 at 15:27:04 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 15/08/2021 02:40 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, 12 August 2021 at 14:54:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> A MAN is to stand trial accused of killing a cyclist.
> >>
> >> Gareth Robbins, 32, of Clos Gwaith Dur, Ebbw Vale, has been charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of father-of-two Paul Heenan.
> >> He is alleged to have been responsible for his death whilst the defendant was driving a Peugeot 208 car at the Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, on April 11, 2020.
> >> Robbins denied the allegation during a hearing at Newport Crown Court after pleading not guilty.
> >> Judge Daniel Williams set a trial date of March 28, 2022, with the case expected to last five days.
> >> The defendant was represented by Jenny Yeo and the prosecution by Gareth James.
> >> Robbins was granted unconditional bail.
> >> Following the death of Mr Heenan, 40, who was from the Abertysswg area of Caerphilly, he was described by his loved ones as "a man who was so full of life and love for his family".
> >> “The sudden passing of Paul in such devastating circumstances will leave an emptiness that will never be filled," his family said in a tribute.
> >> They added: "Our time together may have been short, but the happiness we shared together will last a lifetime, and Paul will live on in our children (Olivia, aged five; and Cody, aged six months).”
>
> >> https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19508595.ebbw-vale-man-denies-killing-father-of-two-cyclist/
> >
> > Would the alleged crime be less serious if the victim had no children?
> "Victim impact statement".
>
> It's all the rage ATM.
>
> And why not?

I am a solvent unmarried mature white male. I guess that means I can be killed with impunity.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Ebbw Vale man denies killing father-of-two cyclist