From: jul...@n6are.com (Julian Macassey)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Oh the fumes....
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 11:12:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Julian Macassey - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 11:12 UTC

On 27 Jun 2023 20:29:09 GMT, maus <maus@darkstar.org> wrote:

>> The cavalry drove tanks. I
>> believe the last use of mounted cavalry was by the Polish army in
>> WWII.
>
> As I wrote earlier, the Russians/Cossacks used horses widely in the
> East.

As my wife keeps reminding me, the UK and the US ignore
the Soviet Union's contributions to WWII.

There are books on the horrors of Eastern Front. I'm sure
many German WWII vets remembered the Eastern Front.

> Hey, July 12th is coming up!

The Battle of the Boyne, or...

Night of Nights

The Night of Nights carries on the tradition of maritime Morse
communication.

Morse bigots or religious bigots - Pick one.

--
I am addicted to prescription pain medication. - Rush Limbaugh
October 10, 2003

Re: Oh the fumes....

<slrnu9oh7h.di3.maus@darkstar.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21836&group=uk.rec.sheds#21836

From: mau...@darkstar.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 28 Jun 2023 14:34:25 GMT
 by: maus - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:34 UTC

On 2023-06-28, Julian Macassey <julian@n6are.com> wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2023 20:29:09 GMT, maus <maus@darkstar.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The cavalry drove tanks. I
>>> believe the last use of mounted cavalry was by the Polish army in
>>> WWII.
>>
>> As I wrote earlier, the Russians/Cossacks used horses widely in the
>> East.
>
> As my wife keeps reminding me, the UK and the US ignore
> the Soviet Union's contributions to WWII.
>
> There are books on the horrors of Eastern Front. I'm sure
> many German WWII vets remembered the Eastern Front.

Not so many now, like british soldiers,, getting smaller all the time. I
think there are a couple of spaniards still getting pensions

>> Hey, July 12th is coming up!
>
> The Battle of the Boyne, or...

Dont start me on the date of the Battle of the boyne. (calendar changed
since.)

I was thinking of the day that the wehrmacht started discovering that
that battle was lost.

> Night of Nights
>
> The Night of Nights carries on the tradition of maritime Morse
> communication.

There was a festival in shetlands about that, as I remember.

> Morse bigots or religious bigots - Pick one.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Boris, The Once and Future P.M.