"jackpot: you may have an unnecessary change record" -- message from "diff"

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Lords and the cashless society

SubjectAuthor
* Lords and the cashless societyRobert Henderson
`* Re: Lords and the cashless societyDavid North
 +* Re: Lords and the cashless societyRobert Henderson
 |`* Re: Lords and the cashless societymike
 | `- Re: Lords and the cashless societymax.it
 `* Re: Lords and the cashless societyMike Holmans
  `* Re: Lords and the cashless societymax.it
   `* Re: Lords and the cashless societyMike Holmans
    `- Re: Lords and the cashless societymax.it

1
Lords and the cashless society

<1f74316c-b3e4-49cb-9b89-f89a7cc86d64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21875&group=uk.sport.cricket#21875

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 03:50:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Lords and the cashless society
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 10:50 UTC

I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .

I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.

The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.

It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.

But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.

Just to complete the digital future regime the MCC/Middlesex future is inflicting on cricket followers, everything that is saleable - food, drink and the club shop are by credit/debit card. When I challenged an employee in the Middlesex membership point near the Middlesex members shop why this is discriminatory digital regime had been adopted they claimed that it had to be done because the MCC insisted on it.

RH

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<a5cfd219-9438-40df-ae3f-17e6f27124f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21876&group=uk.sport.cricket#21876

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Lords and the cashless society
From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
 by: David North - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 12:42 UTC

On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 11:50:11 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .
>
> I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.
>
> The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.
>
> It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.
>
> But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.

It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:

https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets

I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<6c4a55bd-aa64-462c-a474-76da6cc9b061n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21877&group=uk.sport.cricket#21877

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 06:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:14 UTC

On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 1:42:10 PM UTC+1, nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 11:50:11 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .
> >
> > I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.
> >
> > The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.
> >
> > It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.
> >
> > But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.
> It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:
>
> https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets
>
> I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...
PURCHASING TICKETS TO MIDDLESEX MATCHES AT LORD'S - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
As Lord's is now a 'Cashless Ground' there are no ticket windows open at the ground on matchdays.

For all Middlesex matches at Lord's, non-members must purchase tickets in advance of attending the match as tickets will NOT be available to purchase on the gate.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

If you are unable to purchase e-tickets online, then please call the MCC Ticket Office on 0207 432 1000 to purchase tickets over the phone (open 10am-4.30pm).

Tickets purchased over the phone can either be emailed to customers as e-tickets, or held at a specified collection point on the day.

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<vvkidh1jgj8m51m74prsjt21jqu4bdv85q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21878&group=uk.sport.cricket#21878

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:28:22 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 13:28 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:42:09 -0700 (PDT), David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 11:50:11 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .
>>
>> I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.
>>
>> The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.
>>
>> It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.
>>
>> But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.
>
>It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:
>
>https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets
>
>I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...

If MCC's cashless policy leads to the village idiot not being able to
get into Lord's, that's a win-win all round.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<g39jdhpbdugdov27r771maupslphe0s3da@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21879&group=uk.sport.cricket#21879

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:12:32 +0100
 by: max.it - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:12 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:28:22 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 05:42:09 -0700 (PDT), David North
><nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 11:50:11 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .
>>>
>>> I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.
>>>
>>> The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.
>>>
>>> It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.
>>>
>>> But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.
>>
>>It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:
>>
>>https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets
>>
>>I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...
>
>If MCC's cashless policy leads to the village idiot not being able to
>get into Lord's, that's a win-win all round.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

He might become a Middlesex.member and get to sit in the good seats.
I think it's only about £100 a year.

max.it

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<12ajdhld2hj5ang19e72jivih1l7k8ed5u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21880&group=uk.sport.cricket#21880

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:27:41 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:27 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:12:32 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:28:22 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:

>>If MCC's cashless policy leads to the village idiot not being able to
>>get into Lord's, that's a win-win all round.

>He might become a Middlesex.member and get to sit in the good seats.
>I think it's only about £100 a year.

£250. Though with any luck, he's on a blacklist and wouldn't be
accepted as a member.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<qkcjdht4uvurvki56a0cq4d41t1633qb4k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21881&group=uk.sport.cricket#21881

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 21:23:20 +0100
 by: max.it - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:23 UTC

On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:27:41 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:12:32 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 14:28:22 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:
>
>>>If MCC's cashless policy leads to the village idiot not being able to
>>>get into Lord's, that's a win-win all round.
>
>>He might become a Middlesex.member and get to sit in the good seats.
>>I think it's only about £100 a year.
>
>£250. Though with any luck, he's on a blacklist and wouldn't be
>accepted as a member.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

£250 not bad if you are able/fit enough to use the concessions of your
membership to it's full potential.
It's a bit like the mutual societies. I get some savings and quite a
few handy perks too, I got a £30 rebate on a dental checkup and £25
for an opticians visit just because I save (or are a member of as they
like to say) with a mutual society.
I'll guess that a county cricket club membership might have benefits
attached (not finance or healthcare ones), like discounts and things.

max.it

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<96cb3c1d-36af-452c-b07e-c05b2e399219n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21882&group=uk.sport.cricket#21882

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:11:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 13:11 UTC

On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 2:14:16 PM UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 1:42:10 PM UTC+1, nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co..uk wrote:
> > On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 11:50:11 UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I recently went to Lords Cricket Ground to see a Championship match. There was no entry turnstile taking money or accepting payment by a credit or debit card .
> > >
> > > I eventually found a single means of getting in by the payment of cash. This was not through any of the normal entrances. Instead those wishing to pay by cash had to make hike which depending where one started from involved a hike of between 1,000 yards and 500 yards. As I am 74 this was not welcome especially with the very hot weather we are having at the moment.
> > >
> > > The point of sale was through the ticket booking office round the back of the pavilion. Nowhere was the cash entry point advertised. The staff taking money were disobliging, trying to talk me into paying by card.
> > >
> > > It is unlikely this single point of cash entry will last long. It is odds on it will be gone by next year with Middlesex doubtless saying there is no call for it a consequence of it not being advertised. Had it been advertised it would of course have been completely inadequate for the numbers who would want to use it.
> > >
> > > But it is not just cash which is treated like the plague. There was no option at the ground to pay by debit or credit card . This meant that the only way to pay by card was to book it over the Internet. This of course means that many people, and especially the old, will not be able to use it.
> > It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:
> >
> > https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets
> >
> > I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...
> PURCHASING TICKETS TO MIDDLESEX MATCHES AT LORD'S - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
> As Lord's is now a 'Cashless Ground' there are no ticket windows open at the ground on matchdays.
>
> For all Middlesex matches at Lord's, non-members must purchase tickets in advance of attending the match as tickets will NOT be available to purchase on the gate.
>
> CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
>
> If you are unable to purchase e-tickets online, then please call the MCC Ticket Office on 0207 432 1000 to purchase tickets over the phone (open 10am-4.30pm).
>
> Tickets purchased over the phone can either be emailed to customers as e-tickets, or held at a specified collection point on the day.

you'll lucky you didnt have to download an app to buy something thats in front of you. thats
the way its going to be soon.

mike

Re: Lords and the cashless society

<t0eldhlen7do52dv79j5v3cigp111b88t3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21883&group=uk.sport.cricket#21883

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 15:47:23 +0100
 by: max.it - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:47 UTC

On Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:11:54 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 2:14:16 PM UTC+1, anywh...@gmail.com wrote:

>> > It says 'ere that you can buy them over the phone as well:
>> >
>> > https://www.middlesexccc.com/page/lords-tickets
>> >
>> > I suppose you could try doing that while standing at the gate ...
>> PURCHASING TICKETS TO MIDDLESEX MATCHES AT LORD'S - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
>> As Lord's is now a 'Cashless Ground' there are no ticket windows open at the ground on matchdays.
>>
>> For all Middlesex matches at Lord's, non-members must purchase tickets in advance of attending the match as tickets will NOT be available to purchase on the gate.
>>
>> CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
>>
>> If you are unable to purchase e-tickets online, then please call the MCC Ticket Office on 0207 432 1000 to purchase tickets over the phone (open 10am-4.30pm).
>>
>> Tickets purchased over the phone can either be emailed to customers as e-tickets, or held at a specified collection point on the day.
>
>you'll lucky you didnt have to download an app to buy something thats in front of you. thats
>the way its going to be soon.
>
>mike

I remember when you would update your software to suit your device,
now you have to buy a new device to operate the apps.

max.it