From: real-not...@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Bizarre colour-picker behaviour
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 22:14:20 +0100
 by: D.M. Procida - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 21:14 UTC

I open a new document in Pages or Keynote. I create a shape, and apply a
CYMK colour to it. I create another shape, and do the same.

I can apply a CMYK colour to up to two different objects. After that,
for those objects and any new ones, the colour picker switches to RGB.

If I switch it back to CMYK and start to adjust the colour, it switches
back to RGB immediately.

It happens with both Pages and Keynote, and persists after a restart.

Objects are affected, but not inline text (in Pages anyway).

Utterly bizarre, but more annoying than interesting, so I haven't tried
to identify an absolutely solid pattern.

Daniele

Re: Bizarre colour-picker behaviour

<5a4e68b1-494f-1cce-c0c2-a3d5c9fec009@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=222&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#222

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Bizarre colour-picker behaviour
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 23:46:48 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 22:46 UTC

On 28/04/2021 22:14, D.M. Procida wrote:
> I open a new document in Pages or Keynote. I create a shape, and apply a
> CYMK colour to it. I create another shape, and do the same.
>
> I can apply a CMYK colour to up to two different objects. After that,
> for those objects and any new ones, the colour picker switches to RGB.
>
> If I switch it back to CMYK and start to adjust the colour, it switches
> back to RGB immediately.
>
> It happens with both Pages and Keynote, and persists after a restart.
>
> Objects are affected, but not inline text (in Pages anyway).
>
> Utterly bizarre, but more annoying than interesting, so I haven't tried
> to identify an absolutely solid pattern.

Seems to be a bug.

If I change to HSB sliders then it's fine: I can click from one shape to
the next continuously and the colour picker stays on HSB. But, as you
say, change to CMYK sliders and then click around and it more or less
immediately switches to RGB.

Big Sur 11.3

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey, England

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Bizarre colour-picker behaviour