From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Tend Nova Mesh
Date: 12 May 2022 08:44:29 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 12 May 2022 08:44 UTC

I have had a broadband problem recently, speed dropped to 6 Mb/s. The way
to report things nowadays is brill, send a text to a Plusnet number saying
HELP followed by your 'phone number and robots take over. They sent an
Openreach engineer who tracked the connection back from the exchange and
got the speed up to 28 Mb/s which is the best I can expect based on where
I am with aluminium wires.

The home network was up and down a bit during the process which was
followed over the next few days by brief power cuts - enough to screw a
Sky box and annoy a computer (the NAS didn't notice). The Tenda Nova seems
to be really upset though and despite several reboots I couldn't reconnect
to my desktop PC from the laptop by RDP. I re-booted the router then the
Tenda Nova boxes (all had red lights) .

In the end I laid a long cable across the floor and connected the desktop
kit to the touter with that, couple more reboots and I'm back in business.

Only other clue is Windows 8.1 updates on both desktop and laptop after
which they both said I hadn't turned on file sharing so must have been
pretty fundamental patches.

Is the Tenda Nova as tender as its name suggest or is it gremlins of some
sort (I have my washing locked in the washing machine which has died mid
cycle).

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.

Re: Tend Nova Mesh

<je4qtgFspqiU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2193&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2193

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Tend Nova Mesh
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 17:28:31 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 12 May 2022 16:28 UTC

Jeff Gaines wrote:

> I have my washing locked in the washing machine which has died mid cycle

I bet there's a video on youtube showing how to pop the latch with a length of
string ...

Re: Tend Nova Mesh

<xn0nhsacyj5rkm004@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2194&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2194

From: jgaines_...@yahoo.co.uk (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 12 May 2022 17:03:36 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Thu, 12 May 2022 17:03 UTC

On 12/05/2022 in message <je4qtgFspqiU2@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
wrote:

>Jeff Gaines wrote:
>
>>I have my washing locked in the washing machine which has died mid cycle
>
>I bet there's a video on youtube showing how to pop the latch with a
>length of string ...

Blooming thousands of them :-)

I discovered It actually has an emergency release tucked away under a
cover and despite the rust it just worked, must have been made by
Microsoft. Just got to stop the washing getting mouldy until the new
machine arrives next week!

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday.

Re: Tend Nova Mesh

<je51lgFu3aqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2195&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2195

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 19:23:44 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Thu, 12 May 2022 18:23 UTC

On 12/05/2022 18:03, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 12/05/2022 in message <je4qtgFspqiU2@mid.individual.net> Andy Burns
> wrote:
>
>> Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>
>>> I have my washing locked in the washing machine which has died mid cycle
>>
>> I bet there's a video on youtube showing how to pop the latch with a
>> length of string ...
>
> Blooming thousands of them :-
Our one unlocks after a spell of 'power off'. It then trusts that ye
have opened the drain hole below and previously emptied out the water...

> I discovered It actually has an emergency release tucked away under a
> cover and despite the rust it just worked, must have been made by
> Microsoft.

If Microsoft has anything to do with it, you would expect a message

"Smoke detected. Installing update 1 of 20. Please do not disconnect the
power"

Just got to stop the washing getting mouldy until the new
> machine arrives next week!
Top tip. We put half a cup of white vinegar in all our washes now.
Clothes come out smelling really fresh!

--
Adrian C