A narcissist is someone better looking than you are. -- Gore Vidal

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

SubjectAuthor
* County’s first secure public cycle hub to open inswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle huJNugent
+* Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openPeter Granger
`* Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle huJNugent
 +* Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openswldx...@gmail.com
 |+- Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle huJNugent
 |+* Re: County’s first secure publicSpike
 ||`- Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to oJNugent
 |`* Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openSimon Mason
 | +- Re: County’s first secure publicSpike
 | `- Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to openswldx...@gmail.com
 `* Re: County’s first secure publicSpike
  `- Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to oJNugent

1
County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<9366b659-97c7-4488-ae3f-48083da48e29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21765&group=uk.rec.cycling#21765

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 05:48:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: County’s_first_secure_public_cycle_hub_to_open_in_
Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:48 UTC

Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility.

Located in a unit opposite Primark’s entrance, it opens in Poole town centre in March.

Pay As You Go bookings will be £1 per day with cheaper options available for weekly and monthly memberships.

Legal & General Investment Management Real Assets (LGIM), the owners of The Dolphin, worked with the council to secure a £30,000 grant from the Department for Transport’s Active Travel Fund.

The Dolphin Cycle Hub is part of BCP Council’s ‘Transforming Travel’ programme to create and promote greener, healthier, better-connected travel options across the county, particularly for shorter journeys.

It aims to transform local travel, reduce road congestion and greenhouse gas emissions, improve air quality and bring economic and health benefits across the conurbation.

LGIM, in partnership with BCP Council, identified a need for a secure public cycle storage hub within Poole to encourage people to cycle when visiting the town.

The Dolphin was chosen as the ideal location for the new facility due to its high footfall from local residents, shoppers, employees, and commuters who use both the bus and train station for onward travel.

Cycle parking platform Spokesafe has been appointed to bring its innovative cycle hub model to The Dolphin.

The unit will include secure parking for up to 34 bikes, scooters, cargo bikes and non-standard cycles safely, providing 24-hour access for members.

Greg Westover, pictured left, Fund Head of Retail and Leisure at Legal & General, said: “The Dolphin Cycle Hub is for everyone in our community, from shoppers to residents, workers, and retailers.

“At The Dolphin, we are committed to being environmentally responsible and are always looking for new ways to promote sustainable alternatives that have a positive impact in the community.

“We’re really pleased to be partnering with BCP Council on this project because The Dolphin Cycle Hub complements the work that is already being actioned in the locality to improve cycle routes and provide more sustainable travel options.

“Not only will the cycle hub make a significant difference to our local environment, it will also reduce congestion on our roads and boost wellbeing by encouraging people to get outside and move.

“We believe all initiatives which support wellbeing are vitally important, particularly at this time of year.”

Cllr Mike Greene, pictured right, BCP Council’s Portfolio Holder for Transport and Sustainability, said: “We’re delighted to have secured money from central government’s Active Travel Fund to invest in this innovative cycle storage facility at The Dolphin.

“We know how important it is for people to have access to safe, reliable places to lock their bikes.

“It’s an essential part of encouraging and enabling people to cycle to work, the shops, education or leisure.

“We can’t wait for this fantastic new cycle hub to open and hope that it’s the first of several to be installed across the BCP Council region.

“We look forward to as many people as possible using it.”

The Dolphin Cycle Hub will offer a range of affordable and flexible storage pricing options from as little as £1 per day for Pay As You Go bookings.

Cheaper options will be available for weekly and monthly memberships.

There will be a repair station and pump in the hub, as well as personal storage lockers.

Electric charger points will also be available for members to use while storing their e-bikes.

The new opening complements a variety of new initiatives launched at The Dolphin over the past two years to re-frame and reimagine the shopping centre for the future.

They include:

KINGLAND, a street dedicated to local, independent brands
The Dolphin Street Market
GATHER, a community events hub
£1.3 million adult learning facility
NHS outpatient clinic
FOUNDRY, a cutting edge co-working space due to open later this year

+++

Visit spokesafe.com/dolphin-cycle-hub to join the waiting list and receive an alert when The Dolphin Cycle Hub opens in early March.

Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3fq9gFdf4qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21789&group=uk.rec.cycling#21789

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_County’s_first_secure_public_fairy-cycle_hu
b_to_open_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:06:56 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:06 UTC

> Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public fairy-cycle storage facility.
>
> Located in a unit opposite Primark’s entrance, it opens in Poole town centre in March.

Primark, eh?

And all this time, fairy-cyclists have been pretending to be
Considerably Richer Than Yow.

> Pay As You Go bookings will be £1 per day with cheaper options available for weekly and monthly memberships.
> Legal & General Investment Management Real Assets (LGIM), the owners of The Dolphin, worked with the council to secure a £30,000 grant from the Department for Transport’s Active Travel Fund.
> The Dolphin Fairy-Cycle Hub is part of BCP Council’s ‘Transforming Travel’ programme to create and promote greener, healthier, better-connected travel options across the county, particularly for shorter journeys.
> It aims to transform local travel, reduce road congestion and greenhouse gas emissions, improve air quality and bring economic and health benefits across the conurbation.
> LGIM, in partnership with BCP Council, identified a need for a secure public cycle storage hub within Poole to encourage people to fairy-cycle when visiting the town.
> The Dolphin was chosen as the ideal location for the new facility due to its high footfall from local residents, shoppers, employees, and commuters who use both the bus and train station for onward travel.
> Fairy-cycle parking platform Spokesafe has been appointed to bring its innovative fairy-cycle hub model to The Dolphin.
> The unit will include secure parking for up to 34 fairy-bikes, scooters, cargo fairy-bikes and non-standard fairy-cycles safely, providing 24-hour access for members.
> Greg Westover, pictured left, Fund Head of Retail and Leisure at Legal & General, said: “The Dolphin Fairy-Cycle Hub is for everyone in our community, from shoppers to residents, workers, and retailers.
> “At The Dolphin, we are committed to being environmentally responsible and are always looking for new ways to promote sustainable alternatives that have a positive impact in the community.
> “We’re really pleased to be partnering with BCP Council on this project because The Dolphin Fairy-Cycle Hub complements the work that is already being actioned in the locality to improve fairy-cycle routes and provide more sustainable travel options.
> “Not only will the fairy-cycle hub make a significant difference to our local environment, it will also reduce congestion on our roads and boost wellbeing by encouraging people to get outside and move.
> “We believe all initiatives which support wellbeing are vitally important, particularly at this time of year.”
> Cllr Mike Greene, pictured right, BCP Council’s Portfolio Holder for Transport and Sustainability, said: “We’re delighted to have secured money from central government’s Active Travel Fund to invest in this innovative fairy-cycle storage facility at
> The Dolphin.
> “We know how important it is for people to have access to safe, reliable places to lock their bikes.

He left out the most important part (for fairy-cyclists): *cheap*.

> “It’s an essential part of encouraging and enabling people to fairy-cycle to work, the shops, education or leisure.
> “We can’t wait for this fantastic new fairy-cycle hub to open and hope that it’s the first of several to be installed across the BCP Council region.
> “We look forward to as many people as possible using it.”
> The Dolphin Fairy-Cycle Hub will offer a range of affordable and flexible storage pricing options from as little as £1 per day for Pay As You Go bookings.
> Cheaper options will be available for weekly and monthly memberships.
> There will be a repair station and pump in the hub, as well as personal storage lockers.
> Electric charger points will also be available for members to use while storing their e-bikes.
> The new opening complements a variety of new initiatives launched at The Dolphin over the past two years to re-frame and reimagine the shopping centre for the future.
> They include:
>
> KINGLAND, a street dedicated to local, independent brands
> The Dolphin Street Market
> GATHER, a community events hub
> £1.3 million adult learning facility
> NHS outpatient clinic
> FOUNDRY, a cutting edge co-working space due to open later this year
>
> +++
>
> Visit spokesafe.com/dolphin-cycle-hub to join the waiting list and receive an alert when The Dolphin Fairy-Cycle Hub opens in early March.

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<bbc48ee1-45ed-4c88-b1bb-306802578e91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21804&group=uk.rec.cycling#21804

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:25:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_County’s_first_secure_public_cycle_hub_to_open
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 18:25 UTC

QUOTE: “We look forward to as many people as possible using it.” ENDS

Got to recoup the outlay.

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<ec4cfddc-bcc7-4c62-bbf7-2b7ee1e7848cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21866&group=uk.rec.cycling#21866

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 23:44:30 -0800 (PST)
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: PeterGra...@protonmail.com (Peter Granger)
 by: Peter Granger - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 07:44 UTC

On Thursday, 26 January 2023 at 18:25:51 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: “We look forward to as many people as possible using it.” ENDS
>
> Got to recoup the outlay.

Look at you and your grown-up words (that you totally understand).

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<56b161fc-93e5-4e48-b5e9-d6482faaafd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21874&group=uk.rec.cycling#21874

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 03:22:43 -0800 (PST)
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:22 UTC

QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS

Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i6veFok13U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21886&group=uk.rec.cycling#21886

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
b_to_open_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:55:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:55 UTC

On 27/01/2023 11:22 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public fairy-cycle storage facility. ENDS
>
> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

There's an idea for the proposed eyesores in the street of Hove!

All public fairy-cycle storage should be under water. And there's plenty
of it nearby.

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<e9354e0d-0a0b-4c6f-b627-2f08b9d61d7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21894&group=uk.rec.cycling#21894

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 07:08:36 -0800 (PST)
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:08 UTC

On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:22:45 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS
>
> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

7000 bikes storage.

https://www.theverge.com/23572761/amsterdam-underwater-bike-garage-future-of-transport

Re: County’s first secure public fairy-cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i8ktFoq6iU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21908&group=uk.rec.cycling#21908

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
b_to_open_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:24:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:24 UTC

On 27/01/2023 03:08 pm, swldx...@gmail.com...

....allegedly talking to himself rather than responding to another
poster, said:

> On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:22:45 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public fairy-cycle storage facility. ENDS

>> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

> 7000 fairy-bikes storage.
>
> https://www.theverge.com/23572761/amsterdam-underwater-bike-garage-future-of-transport

And all under water?

Nice one.

I suppose they provide towels for the fairy-cyclists to dry off with?

And perhaps some soap?

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i9cmFp1ksU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21911&group=uk.rec.cycling#21911

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: County’s first secure public
cycle hub to open in Poole’s
Dolphin centre in March
Date: 27 Jan 2023 15:36:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:36 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver
> Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS

> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

Don’t be silly. Northerners have been throwing bicycles in the canals for
ages. The Mayor of Manchester even mentioned the activity when he opened
the bicycle hire scheme (that cost £436 per mile for the first 100,000 km).

--
Spike

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i9kpFp30lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21913&group=uk.rec.cycling#21913

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cycle hub to open in Poole’s
Dolphin centre in March
Date: 27 Jan 2023 15:41:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:41 UTC

<https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/mar/24/bikes-baths-and-bullets-among-items-found-in-countrys-waterways>

--
Spike

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i9rbFp3o5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21914&group=uk.rec.cycling#21914

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_County’s_first_secure_public_cycle_hub_to_o
pen_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:44:44 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:44 UTC

On 27/01/2023 03:36 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver
>> Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS
>
>> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.
>
> Don’t be silly. Northerners have been throwing bicycles in the canals for
> ages. The Mayor of Manchester even mentioned the activity when he opened
> the bicycle hire scheme (that cost £436 per mile for the first 100,000 km).

:-)

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3i9urFp3o5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21915&group=uk.rec.cycling#21915

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
pen_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:46:36 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:46 UTC

On 27/01/2023 03:41 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver
>>> Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS

>>> Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.

>> 7000 bikes storage.

>> https://www.theverge.com/23572761/amsterdam-underwater-bike-garage-future-of-transport

> <https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/mar/24/bikes-baths-and-bullets-among-items-found-in-countrys-waterways>

Are the baths for incidental use by fairy-cyclists while they're
recovering their fairy-cycles?

Good idea if they are.

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<003150ef-cbf2-4d02-8263-81bcda034288n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21931&group=uk.rec.cycling#21931

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 08:47:45 -0800 (PST)
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:47 UTC

On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 15:08:37 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:22:45 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS
> >
> > Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.
> 7000 bikes storage.
>
> https://www.theverge.com/23572761/amsterdam-underwater-bike-garage-future-of-transport

The UK version!

https://m.atcdn.co.uk/ect/media/w600/ecc016ee6f364eddae022bc0ae5f178f.jpg

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<k3iemnFpqmiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21937&group=uk.rec.cycling#21937

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cycle hub to open in Poole’s
Dolphin centre in March
Date: 27 Jan 2023 17:07:35 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:07 UTC

<https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2022/aug/08/bicycle-graveyards-why-do-so-many-bikes-end-up-underwater-podcast>

--
Spike

Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March

<20754fec-4396-43df-ac61-38bc23afbfd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21951&group=uk.rec.cycling#21951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:54:07 -0800 (PST)
_in_Poole’s_Dolphin_centre_in_March
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:54 UTC

On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 4:47:47 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 15:08:37 UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 11:22:45 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > QUOTE:Poole’s Dolphin centre has partnered with BCP Council to deliver Dorset’s first secure public cycle storage facility. ENDS
> > >
> > > Not a classy as the underwater one in Amsterdam - but that's Brexit Britain for you.
> > 7000 bikes storage.
> >
> > https://www.theverge.com/23572761/amsterdam-underwater-bike-garage-future-of-transport
> The UK version!

Don’t be wet behind the ears: find out all you need to know about flood-damaged cars

Inclement weather patterns are becoming more common around the world. In the UK, where we already have rainy weather, this phenomenon is likely to result in increased incidences of flooding.

More rains mean a higher likelihood of flood damage to your vehicle. In this article we investigate what flooding does to a car and what to do if it happens to you.
What damage does flooding do to my car?

Water can get into every nook and cranny of your vehicle, damaging numerous components in the process. Common areas that can get damaged are:

Engine internals – water can enter the cylinders resulting in hydrolock (see below)
Rubber seals – excessive time spent in water can rot door seals
Interior trim and panels – waterlogged door cards and soaked carpeting can rot
Electrical system – Shorting of electrical circuits or burned-out wiring can wreak havoc on a car’s electrical system
Braking system – water ingress into the brake fluid will reduce braking efficiency and corrode pipes
Fuel system – water in the petrol tank or fuel lines can damage the fuel injectors and fuel pump
Suspension – rust and water ingress into the ball joints will require new suspension components
Exhaust system – waterlogged catalytic converters or silencers immersed in water can get damaged very easily

The extent of the damage depends on how long the car has been exposed to water and whether it was running at the time. Driving through a flooded section of road may damage the engine, but leaving a car in a flooded parking lot may be more damaging to the interior and electrical system.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: County’s first secure public cycle hub to open in Poole’s Dolphin centre in March