If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive! -- Samuel Goldwyn

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

SubjectAuthor
* Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Creweswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist left cyclist dying byJNugent
`* Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in CreweSimon Mason
 +* Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in CreweJNugent
 |`- Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in CrewePeter Granger
 `- Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Creweswldx...@gmail.com

1
Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<729b9718-0110-4c8c-9cb2-dcb626f7a139n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21891&group=uk.rec.cycling#21891

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 07:05:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:05 UTC

A motorist who struck a cyclist and then sped away, leaving her to die by the roadside, has been convicted of causing her death by dangerous driving.

Nathan Schultz did not stop after hitting Agniszka Pocztowska as she rode in Crewe, Cheshire, in September 2020.

Minutes later, Schultz hit another cyclist, knocking the man off his bike and leaving him with minor injuries.

The 22-year-old, of Stoke-on-Trent, was in Chester Crown Court on Thursday and is due to be sentenced on 3 March.

He had previously pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen, driving without insurance, driving without a licence and two counts of failing to stop following a collision.

The four-day trial heard Schultz sped off towards the M6 after the crashes.

Mother-of-three Mrs Pocztowska, 41, who was cycling to work, sustained fatal injuries and died shortly after the collision in Hungerford Road at 06:55 BST on 14 September.

Schultz hit the second cyclist, 53, as the victim rode along Crewe Road, in Haslington, said Cheshire Police.

The car Schultz was driving was later found abandoned on a road in Trent Vale, Staffordshire.

Kasey Wrench, a passenger, was also arrested in connection with the crashes.

The 21-year-old, of Epping Road, Trent Vale, later pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving without a licence and driving without insurance.

He was previously sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for 24 months and 200 hours' unpaid work.
'Chose to drive off'

After his arrest, Schultz, of Ellgreave Street, Burslem, refused to answer any questions and pretended to be asleep when asked to provide a breath sample, police said.

PC Robin Fisher, of Cheshire Police's serious and complex collision investigation unit, said: "Agnieszka was a loving wife and a devoted mum to her three children.

"She left home that morning and was cycling to work, but as a result of the actions taken by Schultz and Wrench she never arrived.

"The pair are both responsible for her death; Schultz was driving the car that hit her and Wrench was sat in the passenger seat.

"They were both aware that they had hit Agniszka, but rather than stop at the scene to help her, they purposefully chose to drive off and left her to die at the side of the road."

Insp Helen Cooper said she hoped the guilty verdict would provide Ms Pocztowska's family with some form of closure.

"The pain and suffering that they have endured is unimaginable and our thoughts are with them at this time," she said.

"This has been one of the most difficult cases that I have ever dealt with in my whole career at Cheshire Constabulary," the inspector added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-64424139

Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<k3i98eFp133U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21910&group=uk.rec.cycling#21910

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Hit-and-run fully-qualified fairy-cyclist left cyclist dying by
road in Crewe
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:34:38 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:34 UTC

> A [fully-qualified fairy-cyclist] who struck a cyclist and then sped away, leaving her to die by the roadside, has been convicted of causing her death by dangerous driving.

Horrific. But, given what is known of the person in charge of the
unspecified motor vehicle (no licence, no insurance, and suspected of
being over the limit), can we really be as surprised as all that?

> Nathan Schultz did not stop after hitting Agniszka Pocztowska as she rode in Crewe, Cheshire, in September 2020.
> Minutes later, Schultz hit another cyclist, knocking the man off his bike and leaving him with minor injuries.
> The 22-year-old, of Stoke-on-Trent, was in Chester Crown Court on Thursday and is due to be sentenced on 3 March.
> He had previously pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen, driving without insurance, driving without a licence and two counts of failing to stop following a collision.

"Driving without a driving licence"?

What do you call someone who doesn't have a driving licence?

That's right - he wasn't (and presumably still isn't) a driver.

He's just a lowly fully-qualified fairy-cyclist.

Nothing more than that. Just a fairy-cyclist.

> The four-day trial heard Schultz sped off towards the M6 after the crashes.
> Mother-of-three Mrs Pocztowska, 41, who was cycling to work, sustained fatal injuries and died shortly after the collision in Hungerford Road at 06:55 BST on 14 September.
> Schultz hit the second cyclist, 53, as the victim rode along Crewe Road, in Haslington, said Cheshire Police.
> The car Schultz was driving was later found abandoned on a road in Trent Vale, Staffordshire.
> Kasey Wrench, a passenger, was also arrested in connection with the crashes.

Why?

Would Cheshire Police arrest a bus passenger if it (the bus) ran someone
over?

> The 21-year-old, of Epping Road, Trent Vale, later pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving without a licence and driving without insurance.
> He was previously sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for 24 months and 200 hours' unpaid work.
> 'Chose to drive off'
> After his arrest, Schultz, of Ellgreave Street, Burslem, refused to answer any questions and pretended to be asleep when asked to provide a breath sample, police said.
> PC Robin Fisher, of Cheshire Police's serious and complex collision investigation unit, said: "Agnieszka was a loving wife and a devoted mum to her three children.
> "She left home that morning and was cycling to work, but as a result of the actions taken by Schultz and Wrench she never arrived.

What actions did the passenger "take" [carry out]?

> "The pair are both responsible for her death; Schultz was driving the car that hit her and Wrench was sat in the passenger seat.
> "They were both aware that they had hit Agniszka, but rather than stop at the scene to help her, they purposefully chose to drive off and left her to die at the side of the road."

The *passenger* drove off?

Or is there a new and hitherto little-known offence of being a passenger
in or on a motor vehicle which is in a collision?

> Insp Helen Cooper said she hoped the guilty verdict would provide Ms Pocztowska's family with some form of closure.
> "The pain and suffering that they have endured is unimaginable and our thoughts are with them at this time," she said.
> "This has been one of the most difficult cases that I have ever dealt with in my whole career at Cheshire Constabulary," the inspector added.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-64424139

Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<e44a4a12-6c9c-4c2a-a275-b9be93cbf541n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21928&group=uk.rec.cycling#21928

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 08:44:41 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer2...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:44 UTC

QUOTE: The 22-year-old, of Stoke-on-Trent, was in Chester Crown Court on Thursday and is due to be sentenced on 3 March. ENDS

A whole month of squeaky bum time.

Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<k3ig3lFpv68U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21948&group=uk.rec.cycling#21948

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:31:34 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:31 UTC

On 27/01/2023 04:44 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A whole month of squeaky bum time.

What's causing that?

Couldn't you get it seen to?

Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<50c3d28f-744e-432a-b914-d2c2812960fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21950&group=uk.rec.cycling#21950

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:50:46 -0800 (PST)
From: PeterGra...@protonmail.com (Peter Granger)
 by: Peter Granger - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:50 UTC

On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 17:31:36 UTC, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/01/2023 04:44 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > A whole month of squeaky bum time.
> What's causing that?

Large black men?

> Couldn't you get it seen too?

Especially with the excellent private health insurance that someone of his higher breeding must surely possess.

Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe

<016cfc91-bc22-4523-850d-887657c08eedn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21957&group=uk.rec.cycling#21957

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:59:45 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:59 UTC

On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 4:44:43 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: The 22-year-old, of Stoke-on-Trent, was in Chester Crown Court on Thursday and is due to be sentenced on 3 March. ENDS
>
> A whole month of squeaky bum time.

He's lucky - many are left stewing for over a year.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Hit-and-run driver left cyclist dying by road in Crewe