From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: OT home brewers?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 21:10:13 +0100
 by: max.it - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 20:10 UTC

Any home brewers about here?

max.it

Re: OT home brewers?

<3c59717b-31ae-46e5-9904-b1ece9e2f981n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21966&group=uk.sport.cricket#21966

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 18:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT home brewers?
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 01:16 UTC

Me. Cider.

Re: OT home brewers?

<tc85ks$poc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21967&group=uk.sport.cricket#21967

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:16:11 +0100
 by: steve hague - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 09:16 UTC

On 31/07/2022 21:10, max.it wrote:

> Any home brewers about here?
>
> max.it

No. We're all under the table.
Steve Hague

Re: OT home brewers?

<iigfeh534hiskeflc4ec62gn6u8njqeoon@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21969&group=uk.sport.cricket#21969

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 13:57:09 +0100
 by: max.it - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 12:57 UTC

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:16:11 +0100, steve hague
<stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 31/07/2022 21:10, max.it wrote:
>>
>> Any home brewers about here?
>>
>> max.it
>>
>No. We're all under the table.
>Steve Hague

I make10 litres of rhubarb saison every year. It's a light fizzy
cordial type of drink, quite strong, finishes at about 8%.
The rhubarb comes from my garden.
I was showing one of my grandchildren the song thrush collecting
snails from the rhubarb and smashing them open to eat. Then the
blackbird feeding it's fledglings and it dawned on me she was feeding
them my bloody gooseberries.

max.it

Re: OT home brewers?

<bd8924b9-bfbd-48c5-9665-d218b84dfef2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21974&group=uk.sport.cricket#21974

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 21:29 UTC

On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 1:57:14 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:16:11 +0100, steve hague
> <steveh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On 31/07/2022 21:10, max.it wrote:
> >>
> >> Any home brewers about here?
> >>
> >> max.it
> >>
> >No. We're all under the table.
> >Steve Hague
> I make10 litres of rhubarb saison every year. It's a light fizzy
> cordial type of drink, quite strong, finishes at about 8%.
> The rhubarb comes from my garden.
> I was showing one of my grandchildren the song thrush collecting
> snails from the rhubarb and smashing them open to eat. Then the
> blackbird feeding it's fledglings and it dawned on me she was feeding
> them my bloody gooseberries.
> max.it

we make raspberry and apple cordial, we like it medium sweet but
its non alcoholic, although we often drink it with vodka.

but its same with the raspberries, the birds constantly try and get them
even though cos of the lack of rain this year theyre quite small, so i
put up nets. Other thing is they tell you to grow wild flowers and
scented stuff like lavender, to help the insects, what they dont warn
you is that this leads to beesnests and the like all over your property.

my neighbour just has decking, sun loungers and a few plant pots and
has no problems with insects at all. he sends em all to my place he tells
me!

mike

Re: OT home brewers?

<foigehpvc6o746jiamtuaaspmrbgst62s2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21975&group=uk.sport.cricket#21975

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 23:06:43 +0100
 by: max.it - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 22:06 UTC

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 14:29:59 -0700 (PDT), mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 1:57:14 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:16:11 +0100, steve hague
>> <steveh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >No. We're all under the table.
>> >Steve Hague
>> I make10 litres of rhubarb saison every year. It's a light fizzy
>> cordial type of drink, quite strong, finishes at about 8%.
>> The rhubarb comes from my garden.
>> I was showing one of my grandchildren the song thrush collecting
>> snails from the rhubarb and smashing them open to eat. Then the
>> blackbird feeding it's fledglings and it dawned on me she was feeding
>> them my bloody gooseberries.
>> max.it
>
>we make raspberry and apple cordial, we like it medium sweet but
>its non alcoholic, although we often drink it with vodka.

3k of rhubarb, 4k of sugar and 5 gallons of water. One spoonful of
yeast, airlock the container and off you go. 1 week later syphon off
from the rhubarb and let it go another week with an airlock. Another
week after that you can bottle it, a wee half tea spoon of sugar in
the bottle gives it a nice wee fizz and you can drink it the following
week.

>but its same with the raspberries, the birds constantly try and get them
>even though cos of the lack of rain this year theyre quite small, so i
>put up nets. Other thing is they tell you to grow wild flowers and
>scented stuff like lavender, to help the insects, what they dont warn
>you is that this leads to beesnests and the like all over your property.

I have loads of raspberries and this year for the first time ever I've
noticed the birds at them. It's early for my raspberries right now but
there are a couple of random early varieties in there too.
Once I put raspberries into the rhubarb beer, but it was way too
sweet.

>my neighbour just has decking, sun loungers and a few plant pots and
>has no problems with insects at all. he sends em all to my place he tells
>me!
>
>mike

Next door to me have a concrete garden with loads of potted flowers
and displays and stuff. There is a right of way between our basement
door and our garden and anyone without a garden gate or fence has
hedgehogs.They're good for slug management too but they'll eat your
berries and crap all over your grass.

max.it