Reliable source, n.: The guy you just met.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / A revolution is under way to save county cricket

SubjectAuthor
* A revolution is under way to save county cricketRobert Henderson
`* Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketRobert Henderson
 `* Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketDavid North
  +* Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketmax.it
  |`- Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketRobert Henderson
  +* Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketMike Holmans
  |`- Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketRobert Henderson
  `- Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricketJohn Hall

1
A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<9a871b80-eaf1-4278-adf4-15f0464ce833n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21982&group=uk.sport.cricket#21982

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 07:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A revolution is under way to save county cricket
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 14:31 UTC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/08/02/revolution-underway-save-county-cricket-time/
A revolution is under way to save county cricket – and it's about time
Opposition to ECB group led by Sir Andrew Strauss and Rob Key is building and fundamental to salvation of our traditional, first-class game

SIMON HEFFER
2 August 2022 • 12:10pm
Simon Heffer
If you keep marginalising county cricket, it will eventually kill the Test game CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
It is August, and not a ball will be bowled in a County Championship match during the entire month, indeed until September 5. Not long ago Scyld Berry wrote in these pages – and I agreed with every word – that county cricket lacks a substantial audience because it is so ‘attritional’. Perhaps another reason is that in five summer weeks when schools are on holiday, and young people might just be enticed in to watch it and learn to love it, there simply isn’t any. With Test cricket confined to subscription television, most young people have no chance at all to learn about the first-class game or to begin to appreciate it. In so far as any of the young are exposed to cricket it is to slogfests, though the decline in interest in T20 cricket this year suggest that even that novelty is, unsurprisingly, wearing off.

Scyld, in justifying the label of ‘attritional’, gave the example of a side grinding out 280 for a few wickets down in a 96-over day, and contrasted it with the style of the England team this season, under the example of Jonny Bairstow, bounding along at four or five an over and providing high-class entertainment. It is, indeed, the sort of attitude to the game that persuades potential spectators to find something else to do; and it provides more grist to the mill of the group currently reviewing the future of the County Championship, led by Sir Andrew Strauss and Rob Key, who allegedly want to run the competition down even further.

Some of the so-called ‘thinking’ leaked from this group is disturbing for two reasons: its sheer obtuseness, and its concealed motives.. There are rumours that the already reduced championship, just 14 matches per side per season, might be cut to 12 or even 10 matches. Or, some championship matches might be played abroad in March: after all, it would be bonkers to expect anyone to want to watch them, wouldn’t it? That brings us to the undeclared motives: of freeing up more space in the domestic season to schedule endless slogfests, to pay obeisance to the England and Wales Cricket Board’s depressing obsession with white-ball cricket.

An increasing number of supporters around the country have had enough of this negativity, and are setting out to try to do something about it. An action group was started recently by members of Lancashire County Cricket Club, and it has been taken up by members of a number of other counties – including Essex. Northants, Somerset, Surrey and Yorkshire. The action group distributed leaflets to members at a recent match, asking them to be signed and return by way of expressions of support. One of the organisers told me last week that ‘we have so many signatures on leaflets that we haven’t finished counting them.’

Read more at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2022/08/02/revolution-underway-save-county-cricket-time/

RH

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<d0be8497-5e98-4613-a0e4-7163542416dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21983&group=uk.sport.cricket#21983

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 10:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 17:25 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 6:15:45 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> https://groups.google.com/g/uk.sport.cricket/c/2q5aOH2KURk/m/qwqdPXSYAAAJ
>

> White women should SERIOUSLY BEG ME to INJECT my SEMEN into their
> pussies, so they BREED "BRAVE MEN".
>

> A WHITE MAN is an OXYMORON - Whites are a RACE of COWARDS n PUSSIES
> https://groups.google.com/g/uk.sport.cricket/c/pSSyzK30wHs/m/VV7S1PRrCgAJ
>

> ALL of you human filth,
>
> I am the ONLY entity on the planet WHO CAN "SAVE" your civil liberties,
> freedoms and human rights, but I DON'T HAVE POWER.
>
> I am the REAL WORLD "NEO", not the confused gender cock sucking FAKE
> hollywood heroes you worship like fucking "brainwashed SLAVES".
>

> Just IMAGINE if I can THREATEN, HUMILIATE and CHALLENGE the EVIL WASPs
> with NO POWER, what I can do "WITH POWER".
>
> I would have FORCED the cock sucking CONFUSED GENDER PERVERTED, animal
> raping CIA NSA FBI DHS psychopaths on their FUCKING KNEES and BEG FOR MERCY.
>

> NSA Supercomputer AI is in CONTROL of ALL YOUR BRAINS for the last 10-15
> years.
>
> You just DON'T KNOW IT.
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1511814502035214343
> The Elites are treated well by the A.I. They glorify ‘Brain control
> tech’ behind closed doors
>
> The CIA intelligence families that receive enhancement are loving all of
> this. Infinite power and all the worlds information making life into
> game that they cannot lose
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1515794291867717639
> Military / Intelligence black projects have been dispersing
> Nano-Material into public circulation for decades.
>
> It began with experimentation … but is now in prime time full
> operational use.
>
> The human race is secretly being terraformed into a species of
> biological drones.
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1508463707919163396
> Are military generals fully aware that a maniacal psychopathic
> emotionless Supercomputer is in control of millions of people? And it
> knows how to kill and torture everyone with precision?
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1526111452456681474
> The plan of the Transhumanist agenda is to gradually absorb all
> civilians into the Global Brain, takeover the mind of humanity, and then
> slowly reveal to individual civilians that they are “tuned in” to this
> Brain machine interface system.
>
> #GlobalBrain #WorldSentientSimulation
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1534767220978503680
> The world is going to be in a state of absolute shock when they find out
> the power Neuro-Weapons have over the human brain.
>
> It’s more powerful than “the matrix” in many cases.
>
> This is checkmate for humanity ♟
>
> There is a dark cloud on our horizon.
>

> https://twitter.com/HAL_9_Thousand_/status/1533360955530395648
> An unknown group of Elites running a shadow government using technical
> experts to erect a global brain BCI using highly advanced tech systems
> and networks to take top down control over humanity.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<jkth91Fj12uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21987&group=uk.sport.cricket#21987

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:54:56 +0100
 by: David North - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:54 UTC

On 02/08/2022 18:25, Robert Henderson wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 6:15:45 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> On 8/2/2022 7:31 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:

--snip--

> The subcontinental patient is becoming ever more desperate in his attempts to gain attentio, doctor n... RH

He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet mug
who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff that
he comes out with.

--
David North

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<k74jeh95ksloqknbgut6l1rvf2qo081b3f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21988&group=uk.sport.cricket#21988

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 22:07:49 +0100
 by: max.it - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:07 UTC

On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:54:56 +0100, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 02/08/2022 18:25, Robert Henderson wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 6:15:45 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>> On 8/2/2022 7:31 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
>
>--snip--
>
>> The subcontinental patient is becoming ever more desperate in his attempts to gain attentio, doctor n... RH
>
>He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet mug
>who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff that
>he comes out with.

I don't get to see Henderson posts unless someone responds and Sampath
is filtered by my server anyway.
The thing is that with Sampath (FBIguy) you can actually get a decent
cricket discussion going but with Jonah Henderson all you get are
mistakes, poor spelling, endless lists of white people, abuse and
nonsense about Englishness.

max.it

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<9t3jeh90dp3si3vgmbfgunqf3sct6gf6vs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21989&group=uk.sport.cricket#21989

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 22:08:10 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:08 UTC

On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:54:56 +0100, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 02/08/2022 18:25, Robert Henderson wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 6:15:45 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>> On 8/2/2022 7:31 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
>
>--snip--
>
>> The subcontinental patient is becoming ever more desperate in his attempts to gain attentio, doctor n... RH
>
>He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet mug
>who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff that
>he comes out with.

To be fair, FBICIAMI5Loony is one of the 3 or 4 people who bothers to
read the village idiot's garbage. If it weren't for him, our resident
racist wouldn't have anyone at all to attempt to interact with.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<TjxjhmAlLi6iFwjt@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21993&group=uk.sport.cricket#21993

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 08:25:25 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 07:25 UTC

In message <jkth91Fj12uU1@mid.individual.net>, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>On 02/08/2022 18:25, Robert Henderson wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 6:15:45 PM UTC+1,
>>FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>>> On 8/2/2022 7:31 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
>
>--snip--
>
>> The subcontinental patient is becoming ever more desperate in his
>>attempts to gain attentio, doctor n... RH
>
>He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet
>mug who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff
>that he comes out with.

Which is particularly annoying when you have him in your killfile.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<64ba38f6-a38d-4f8a-baef-ac4d5a9396b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21994&group=uk.sport.cricket#21994

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 01:05:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 08:05 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 10:07:54 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:54:56 +0100, David North
> <nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> >--snip--
> >
> >> The subcontinental patient is becoming ever more desperate in his attempts to gain attentio, doctor n... RH
> >
> >He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet mug
> >who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff that
> >he comes out with.
> I don't get to see Henderson posts unless someone responds and Sampath
> is filtered by my server anyway.
> The thing is that with Sampath (FBIguy) you can actually get a decent
> cricket discussion going but with Jonah Henderson all you get are
> mistakes, poor spelling, endless lists of white people, abuse and
> nonsense about Englishness.

Lazarus parades his political colours yet again... RH

Re: A revolution is under way to save county cricket

<6d0ba0cc-14a0-44e1-939b-4ae619fc998dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21995&group=uk.sport.cricket#21995

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 04:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 11:05 UTC

On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 9:38:07 AM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 8/2/2022 2:08 PM, Mike Holmans wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 21:54:56 +0100, David North
> > <nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> >> --snip--

> >> He's not desperate at all, because he knows that he has you as a pet mug
> >> who will keep paying him attention and reposting most of the stuff that
> >> he comes out with.
> >
> > To be fair, FBICIAMI5Loony is one of the 3 or 4 people who bothers to
> > read the village idiot's garbage. If it weren't for him, our resident
> > racist wouldn't have anyone at all to attempt to interact with.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mike
> You are all typical UNEDUCABLE low IQ WASPs.
>

> A frog which lives in a "small well" thinks, that well is the WHOLE WORLD.

A subcontinental who lives in a subcontinental village thinks it is the whole world... RH