Linus' Law: There is no heavier burden than a great potential.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Ireland in Bristol

SubjectAuthor
* Ireland in Bristolmax.it
+* Re: Ireland in BristolMike Holmans
|`* Re: Ireland in Bristolmax.it
| +- Re: Ireland in BristolRobert Henderson
| +* Re: Ireland in BristolMike Holmans
| |`* Re: Ireland in Bristolmax.it
| | `- Re: Ireland in BristolRobert Henderson
| `- Re: Ireland in Bristolmike
`- Re: Ireland in BristolRobert Henderson

1
Ireland in Bristol

<n4ogehl5jbu4imhiurs9rukdarmdo3t36n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21976&group=uk.sport.cricket#21976

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Ireland in Bristol
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100
 by: max.it - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 23:44 UTC

For NZ in Ireland.
The crowds at Malahide were great, plenty of support for Ireland and
NZ. Full ground lots of activity around the match (usual stuff)
The crowds at Stormont were absolute shite at best and it would be a
gross exageration to call the feeble turn out at Stormont a crowd of
any kind.

I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
go on to play for Ireland.They were cheering for France to beat
England so Ireland would lose the 6 nations.

The last English colony is the Ulster loyalist reservation called
Northern Ireland and it's legacy shines brightly on even a cricket
match.

max.it

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<c3rgeh9rq2hd4esqp49kd345m5q3h4tfbd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21977&group=uk.sport.cricket#21977

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Ireland in Bristol
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 00:15 UTC

On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
>go on to play for Ireland.

No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
Australia.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<56ced65a-d58a-4a7c-8cad-d1ce649733f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21978&group=uk.sport.cricket#21978

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 23:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 06:53 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 12:44:29 AM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> For NZ in Ireland.
> The crowds at Malahide were great, plenty of support for Ireland and
> NZ. Full ground lots of activity around the match (usual stuff)
> The crowds at Stormont were absolute shite at best and it would be a
> gross exageration to call the feeble turn out at Stormont a crowd of
> any kind.
>
> I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> go on to play for Ireland.They were cheering for France to beat
> England so Ireland would lose the 6 nations.
>
> The last English colony is the Ulster loyalist reservation called
> Northern Ireland and it's legacy shines brightly on even a cricket
> match.
>
> max.it

Lazarus shows the colour of his politics... RH

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<736iehl92gbpjajocoojhuqnqqnvivps60@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21979&group=uk.sport.cricket#21979

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100
 by: max.it - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 13:03 UTC

On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
>>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
>>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
>>go on to play for Ireland.
>
>No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
>Australia.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.

You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
you want the team representing your country to lose?

max.it

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<5fce9595-c741-4939-9865-7d1304162bf2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21980&group=uk.sport.cricket#21980

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 06:11:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 13:11 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
> >
> >>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> >>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> >>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> >>go on to play for Ireland.
> >
> >No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
> >Australia.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>
> You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
> feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
> you want the team representing your country to lose?
> max.it

Lazarus let's curtain rise even higher to expose his politics... RH

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<hf9iehleolar6nqh8g0ik41c6iomsk3uce@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21981&group=uk.sport.cricket#21981

From: spa...@jackalope.uk (Mike Holmans)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:27:09 +0100
 by: Mike Holmans - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 13:27 UTC

On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>>
>>>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
>>>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
>>>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
>>>go on to play for Ireland.
>>
>>No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
>>Australia.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Mike
>
>Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>
>You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
>feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
>you want the team representing your country to lose?

No, I'm not the village idiot gleefully rubbing my hands when England
lose.

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<dc0jeh5jm99kevu0m5cjafleg0sslfsmtl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21986&group=uk.sport.cricket#21986

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 21:14:09 +0100
 by: max.it - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:14 UTC

On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:27:09 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <spam@jackalope.uk>
>>wrote:

>>>No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
>>>Australia.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
>>
>>You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
>>feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
>>you want the team representing your country to lose?
>
>No, I'm not the village idiot gleefully rubbing my hands when England
>lose.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mike

Jonah Henderson, the village idiot?
He's quite fond of biblical names as I remember.

max.it

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<e593cf7a-a035-4ced-ab1b-455ab1ceb122n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=21996&group=uk.sport.cricket#21996

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 04:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 11:07 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 9:14:13 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:27:09 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:03:16 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:

> >>Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.
> >>
> >>You wouldn't support a team playing against your chosen team (these
> >>feral loyalists consider themselves as basically English) just because
> >>you want the team representing your country to lose?
> >
> >No, I'm not the village idiot gleefully rubbing my hands when England
> >lose.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> Jonah Henderson, the village idiot?
> He's quite fond of biblical names as I remember.
> max.it

Lazarus hum " The wearing of the green"

RH

Re: Ireland in Bristol

<abba859f-c1a3-4539-907c-ad7194991019n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22017&group=uk.sport.cricket#22017

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 15:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 22:32 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC+1, max.it wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 01:15:42 +0100, Mike Holmans <sp...@jackalope.uk>
> wrote:
> >On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:44:25 +0100, max.it <m...@tea.time> wrote:
> >
> >>I know many people who will never support Ireland at rugby or cricket
> >>just because it's Ireland. These people play for or are active in
> >>clubs that (attempt) to create cricketers and rugby players who might
> >>go on to play for Ireland.
> >
> >No I'm not. But then I will support Ireland if they're playing
> >Australia.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Mike
> Support anyone playing against Australia goes without saying.

I found myself doing that during the CMG at Brum, but everytime
Oz won. The only time i think they lost a final was in the womens
hockey. I didnt watch that match ;)

mike