From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: The 100
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 23:07:48 +0100
 by: max.it - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 22:07 UTC

Is anyone following it?
I just get to see the headlines and some video clips.
The format isn't something I've 'bought into'.
It reminds me of rugby 7s and the graphics and screen splash approach
doesn't help me to keep up with the game.

Saying that were're having our club's cricket sixes Sunday, it's
usually a good bash, open to all members (we're capped at 25 by our
insurance) and you know, none of the (2) players who complained and
caused such a crisis about us entering an Indian XI into and Indian
tournament haven't paid ther subs or even played for 3+ years!!
This pisseth off both chairman (me) and Treasurer (not me). One of
those players was sponsered by our club to travel home from university
in Leeds every weekend to play when we were a snr club.

No joke.
Who here could change a flat wheel on their car? Or if you are
physically unable could you instruct a physically able passanger to do
it? I have came under serious attack for asking this question.

One of the opening questions in the GTC entrance exam in ye olden 70s
days was 'draw a bicycle'. If you didn't have 3 triangles and two
circles in your answer you didn't even get to try the English and
maths exams.

max.it

Re: The 100

<7gqlUnAlM29iFw+H@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22090&group=uk.sport.cricket#22090

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: The 100
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:39:01 +0100
 by: John Hall - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 08:39 UTC

In message <2qidfh968h54hb82bsv3ata223bb1jlp5n@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>Is anyone following it?
>I just get to see the headlines and some video clips. The format isn't
>something I've 'bought into'. It reminds me of rugby 7s and the
>graphics and screen splash approach doesn't help me to keep up with the
>game.

I've watched the Oval Invincibles men's matches, and the odd fragement
from one or two others (and was seriously impressed by the 17-year-old
Alice Capsey).
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,

Re: The 100

<fcbb9c24-fd58-4bc5-9706-eb754e4dd5a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=22091&group=uk.sport.cricket#22091

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 03:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:13 UTC

On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 9:49:49 AM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <2qidfh968h54hb82b...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >
> >Is anyone following it?
> >I just get to see the headlines and some video clips. The format isn't
> >something I've 'bought into'. It reminds me of rugby 7s and the
> >graphics and screen splash approach doesn't help me to keep up with the
> >game.
> I've watched the Oval Invincibles men's matches, and the odd fragement
> from one or two others (and was seriously impressed by the 17-year-old
> Alice Capsey).
> --

I've seen a few but most of the games seem very one sided, a lot of poor
batting and bowling in many of them. Some of the RLC games if you can get them
on youtube or elsewhere have been very good, but i havnt watched any whole matches.
I agree the graphics of the 100 are a headache to follow, but so are the garish outfits.

I recall 1 woman bowler Gunn just cos she surprised batters by bowling so slowly from
a seamers runup. But she did it too much and got collared in the end. And I dont know
how tall tiny Ismail is, but she must be the shortest 'fast' bowler ever unless the
presenter Guha is even smaller.

mike